SELECT CONTENT

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by umngirl Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:40 pm

^Let's see how this weekend plays out as they both have good tests to overcome. Oregon vs. Stanford and MSU vs. Ohio State.

But like I said, the coaches seem to go more off number of losses, when those losses happen, and to who. They care less about the quality of wins.

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 7 87b72b10 College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 7 86669110 College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 7 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:03 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
umngirl wrote:^It's all based on when you lose and to who. MSU lost early to Oregon and has been impressive since then. Oregon lost to a not highly ranked Arizona team at the time but it was more recent. In the coaches poll, the when matters. The coaches have short memories. Lol

I guess, but Oregon has rebounded with a lot of impressive wins, whereas MSU has had closer wins to lesser teams, at least this season, lesser teams.

The game that Oregon lost they were playing without 3 of their starting linemen that were all injured. Oregon has worked out the deficiencies they suffered in that game they lost to Arizona which even though they weren't ranked at the time still had a no loss record. I don't know why the USA poll has Michigan State above Oregon but at least the AP poll got it right IMO. So stuckinsc I will just continue to pull for my team and as the saying goes "it's not over until the fat lady sings".
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:31 am

SLA44 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
umngirl wrote:^It's all based on when you lose and to who. MSU lost early to Oregon and has been impressive since then. Oregon lost to a not highly ranked Arizona team at the time but it was more recent. In the coaches poll, the when matters. The coaches have short memories. Lol

I guess, but Oregon has rebounded with a lot of impressive wins, whereas MSU has had closer wins to lesser teams, at least this season, lesser teams.

The game that Oregon lost they were playing without 3 of their starting linemen that were all injured.  Oregon has worked out the deficiencies they suffered in that game they lost to Arizona which even though they weren't ranked at the time still had a no loss record.  I don't know why the USA poll has Michigan State above Oregon but at least the AP poll got it right IMO.  So stuckinsc I will just continue to pull for my team and as the saying goes "it's not over until the fat lady sings".

Texas got screwed by the when they lost thing in 2008. They beat Oklahoma soundly and lost in the last second to Texas Tech who Oklahoma barely beat. In the end because Oklahoma lost earlier they were ranked on space higher, got to the Big 12 championship game and the National Championship game where the got trashed by Florida. So yeah the polls doing this still makes me bitter.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:37 am

We got home last night and watched the LSU/Ole Miss game. It was a nail biter. I thought the coach blew it by not trying for the tie. Of course the QB shouldn't have thrown the pick but still was a bad call.  

We didn't end up watching the TN/Bama game but at least TN didn't get trounced too badly.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15257

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:05 am

albean99 wrote:We got home last night and watched the LSU/Ole Miss game. It was a nail biter. I thought the coach blew it by not trying for the tie. Of course the QB shouldn't have thrown the pick but still was a bad call.  

We didn't end up watching the TN/Bama game but at least TN didn't get trounced too badly.

TN is looking really good. I think they will be a team to reckon with next year. They have had some really great games. Ole Miss's QB lost his cool multiple times. I think they just let their ranking get to them.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:01 pm

Interesting Saturday of College Football coming up.

SLA44 your Ducks look like they host Stanford, which is always a challenge, so good luck.

Whit90, TCU is going to West Virginia which hasn't been easy this year, so another good luck.

Albean, your Vols are at South Carolina. I think you all could easily win this game, unless the USC team that showed up for the UGA game comes out, then you might have a battle.

umngirl, Minnesota seems to have a bye, but Wisconsin is at Rutgers, first time to New Jersey might be tougher than expected.

My Longhorns are headed to Lubbock to play Tech in a Saturday night game for the seeding of third and fourth worst in the conference. Lubbock on Saturday is always rough, add in Halloween weekend and it should be pretty ugly.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:15 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Interesting Saturday of College Football coming up.

SLA44 your Ducks look like they host Stanford, which is always a challenge, so good luck.

Whit90, TCU is going to West Virginia which hasn't been easy this year, so another good luck.

Albean, your Vols are at South Carolina.  I think you all could easily win this game, unless the USC team that showed up for the UGA game comes out, then you might have a battle.

umngirl, Minnesota seems to have a bye, but Wisconsin is at Rutgers, first time to New Jersey might be tougher than expected.

My Longhorns are headed to Lubbock to play Tech in a Saturday night game for the seeding of third and fourth worst in the conference.  Lubbock on Saturday is always rough, add in Halloween weekend and it should be pretty ugly.

Thanks stuckinsc ...

Good Luck to your Longhorns......
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:53 pm

whit90 wrote:

Albean, your Vols are at South Carolina.  I think you all could easily win this game, unless the USC team that showed up for the UGA game comes out, then you might have a battle.

My Longhorns are headed to Lubbock to play Tech in a Saturday night game for the seeding of third and fourth worst in the conference.  Lubbock on Saturday is always rough, add in Halloween weekend and it should be pretty ugly.

Thanks stuckinsc ...

My motto for the rest of this season is who are we recruiting for 2015 and go Volleyball! I am okay with that. Still love Charlie Strong.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:15 am

stuckinsc wrote:
whit90 wrote:

Thanks stuckinsc ...

My motto for the rest of this season is who are we recruiting for 2015 and go Volleyball!  I am okay with that.  Still love Charlie Strong.

That is a great way to look at it ...my motto this year is just take one game at a time.

Have Fun watching.....
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:40 am

whit90 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
whit90 wrote:

Thanks stuckinsc ...

My motto for the rest of this season is who are we recruiting for 2015 and go Volleyball!  I am okay with that.  Still love Charlie Strong.

That is a great way to look at it ...my motto this year is just take one game at a time.

Have Fun watching.....

Yup, if it were the NFL at least we could look forward to a higher draft pick...
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:10 am

stuckinsc wrote:
whit90 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

Have Fun watching.....

Yup, if it were the NFL at least we could look forward to a higher draft pick...

Reminds me of the good old days when there was no salary cap too.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:30 am

whit90 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
whit90 wrote:

Have Fun watching.....

Reminds me of the good old days when there was no salary cap too.

Ah, when the Dolphins were still good and had not broken my heart. hmmm
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

+10
markat53
whit90
albean99
SLA44
FLChica