SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie or ChrisS for Bachelor

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 12 Vote_lcap61%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 90 ]
Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 12 Vote_lcap39%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 57 ]

Total Votes : 147

Poll closed

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:18 am

Yeah, I've never understood why RS's hatred of Arie runs SO deep
 One word - jealousy.  Better dog. Better hair. Better car. Better job. Better body. Better looking. Better exes. Better love life. Better friends.  Better every damn thing you can think of.
#BringBackThePassion  #BetterRatings #Arie4Bachelor[/quote]

Even then, there have been other male contestants who are super popular, better-looking, have better love-lives, and more interesting jobs than RS. I mean, if we're being honest - pretty much every single male contestant. But, RS has never hated them as much. And, it started before Arie even appeared on screen.

In one of his recent videos, RS said that his niece's best friend's mother is really good friends with Arie. I feel like maybe RS heard something through that connection (true or false) that's made him hate him so much.

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by tigertiz Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 am

The guys who were not possible Leads, don't seem to elicit as much fury and jealousy, from RS. The recent male leads have not had as much going for them , in contrast to Steve, as has Arie. They've each had more shortcomings.

Ben: better looking? NO. Better love life for the prior few years? Ha. NO. Super popular? No.
Sean: Better job? no. The producers had to create a company for him to be president of, prior to the announcement. For Emily's season , he was still working in his brother in law's insurance office and hating it. Better love life ? No.
Juan Pa: Better job? No. RS made sure we knew that money was a problem and he shared a condo with a number of extended family members. Super popular? - No. TPTB had to really build him up and create some buzz.

Sure there have been male contestants who RS must have been jealous of - but Arie has much more going for him and thus has become the man that RS despises. Pea Green with envy.  :Nod:
(I love that we have a pea green smilie. It fits.)

tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:14 am

tigertiz wrote:
Yeah, I've never understood why RS's hatred of Arie runs SO deep. Even in his radio interview today, he was talking about how no one would believe that Arie is ready for marriage because of ALL the girls he has hooked up with in the franchise. Which is a total of THREE (Selma, Courtney, unnamed girl from JPS's season). In two years. He also said that Farmer Chris has hooked up with two past contestants. In the last TWO months. So, that actually would make Chris more of a player, according to RS.

I guess they are both dastardly players then, by RS's standards , if he is telling the truth.  To me, it doesnt matter if Chris hooked up with 3 in the last 8 weeks, or  Arie hooked up with 3  in the last 8 months.  When you meet the one, IT happens.  No one would dispute that Bob Guiney was the ultimate horndog - even during the taping of his season.  He holds the record in the number of women he had sex with during the filming (5 and a half per Mike Fleiss - whatever that means to him.)  Bob and Estelle broke up right after Trista's wedding which was in early December. They were together for only a couple of weeks post ATFR.  But a few weeks later, in January, he met Rebecca Budig while taping the Bachelor rerun show.   And that was that.  They got married about 6 months later, on the 4th of July.   He went from TOTAL horndog to madly in love and then  engaged in a matter of weeks.  It happens.  But no one would ever have said that Bob was "ready for marriage" or "looking for love" at the time.  The Adam Levines of the world get married.   It happens all the time. The fact that someone is or was a player means nothing.

Yeah, I've never understood why RS's hatred of Arie runs SO deep
 One word - jealousy.  Better dog. Better hair. Better car. Better job. Better body. Better looking. Better exes. Better love life. Better friends.  Better every damn thing you can think of.
#BringBackThePassion  #BetterRatings #Arie4Bachelor

I'll add to that. Maybe 3 hookups vs zero? Smiley

IA with all the comments with regards to Arie. I don't care how many girls he has had in the past, that's not any different than any other normal guy. What I want to see in a bachelor, is someone who is funny, genuine, has a humbleness about him, and who can show a lady how he feels about her without hesitation. The girls will be insane, imagine the drama they will have without scripting.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:38 am

GuardianAngel wrote:I don't care how many girls he has had in the past, that's not any different than any other normal guy. What I want to see in a bachelor, is someone who is funny, genuine, has a humbleness about him, and who can show a lady how he feels about her without hesitation. The girls will be insane, imagine the drama they will have without scripting.

At one time the show's stated objective in picking a lead was that it be someone that most of the contestants would not be able to meet IRL and someone who would be viewed as a desirable "catch". This strategy changed around the time of Jason's season because I think ABC felt it just wasn't working well and they seriously considered not picking up the show. They did go so far as to drop it from the "normal" schedule pending the choice of a lead the network felt would be appropriate. That's resulted in what we see now - a string of recycled leads.

I for one would enjoy Arie as lead for just the reasons GA states because Arie is all of those things, IMHO, and maybe in spite of or perhaps because of Arie's "reputation" he does fit the old mold of someone women might have a hard time meeting and courting and because of his charismatic charm and looks is "desirable. Yes - the girls on an Arie season would be insane and create a lot of drama but Arie would have to play them to keep that going through 6 weeks of filming of 10 or so episodes.

I just wonder if Arie might be just a tad too smart (as the show might see him) about the ways and means used to manipulate the lead and therefore too immune to that influence, and IMHO the show believes that this process works only when the lead can be manipulated.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 am

I just wonder if Arie might be just a tad too smart (as the show might see him) about the ways and means used to manipulate the lead and therefore too immune to that influence, and IMHO the show believes that this process works only when the lead can be manipulated.
Lucas - will you accept this rose?  rose bud  I think you've answered the question many of us have had for 2 years: Why have they not cast Arie as the lead already?  
It's because they dont trust him - to blindly fall into their manipulations.  Thank you. Thank you.

Yes GA,  the drama will write itself and the ratings will explode. But they'll have to give up a bit of control, as per lucas's theory. It's scary for them to contemplate doing that. Arie is so damn tempting - for all the reason we've mentioned. But they want manipulable. They made that choice with JuanPa last summer and look at the result.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:50 am

Arie for sure!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:52 am

tigertiz wrote:Lucas - will you accept this rose?  rose bud  I think you've answered the question many of us have had for 2 years: Why have they not cast Arie as the lead already?  
It's because they dont trust him - to blindly fall into their manipulations.  Thank you. Thank you.

Embarressed!  Of course I'll accept the rose.

I don't know from any specific information that this is the reason he hasn't been The Bachelor but I do have a very strong sense of - let's call in "Men's Intuition" - that Arie really is savvy to what goes on behind the curtain. He's not above nor incapable of doing some acting, but he doesn't drink the Kool Aid, and it would have to be a different season for the producers to deal with.

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:50 pm

From my recollection, Arie certainly was duped during Emily's season, but perhaps he has wised up since. I honestly was shocked that he wasn't chosen as the lead over Sean, since he does fit the profile of who "the Bachelor" was supposed to be when the show began far better than the guys they had been choosing, and I've always been curious why they passed on him, since I suspect he has wanted to do it for the past 2 years.

I agree that almost all of the contestants on the show, and certainly the "popular" ones, have more going for them than RS does, and there are some that he does seem to like, such as Josh this season, Sean, Jeremy, JP, Brad and others. So I don't think it's all about jealousy with Arie. I think he does have "dirt" on him (which in his opinion is incriminating) and that's the reason for his disdain. Who knows how bad (or even truthful) any of it is? Got to admit I'm curious about it, and if Arie is the next lead, my curiosity is sure to be satisfied, so maybe I should start rooting for him to be picked.  :hidingchair 

This board is obviously very pro Arie over Chris, but does anyone know what the rest of the viewership wants? Have there been any polls out there pitting the two against each other?

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:07 pm

ironcat wrote:From my recollection, Arie certainly was duped during Emily's season, but perhaps he has wised up since.

From what I heard and saw, Emily's season was very ... shall we say ... "contrived"? Maybe Arie was indeed duped but I have this nagging feeling in my mind that he was in on the scheme all along and played along with it for the adventure and the publicity. That is in part why I think Arie might know too much about what goes on behind the curtain.

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
ironcat wrote:From my recollection, Arie certainly was duped during Emily's season, but perhaps he has wised up since.

From what I heard and saw, Emily's season was very ... shall we say ... "contrived"? Maybe Arie was indeed duped but I have this nagging feeling in my mind that he was in on the scheme all along and played along with it for the adventure and the publicity. That is in part why I think Arie might know too much about what goes on behind the curtain.

Emily herself may have been contrived and not many are fans of Jef and felt that Emily may have "fallen in love" with his family's money. But Arie genuinely cared for a loved Emily. He was heartbroken. This is from a Jef and Emily fan. I never questioned his sincerity with Emily at all.

I think he may have not been serious since, but I think he meant every word and action with Emily.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Just for the record, Rebecca and Bob have been divorced for a few years now.

And Im going to be the oddball in this discussion but I never liked Arie in Emilys season and Im rooting for Chris as next bachelor.  hmmm 
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Beagle wrote:Just for the record, Rebecca and Bob have been divorced for a few years now.

And Im going to be the oddball  in this discussion but I never liked Arie in Emilys season and Im rooting for Chris as next bachelor.  hmmm 

Ha! Love a poster who dares to be different.  :WAVEY: 

Shoot, I'll tune in either way but can help and root for my local favorite.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

+54
Ash2214
CHO
Cecilia
Judiful
Cari