Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Throwback Thursday's is Throwback Everyday at BBF

:: Real Life

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks to Kasha's suggestion, we have created a Throwback Thursday topic. Those on twitter are familiar with #TBT, for those who are not on twitter, someone started way back when, posting pics from a previous time in their lives and hashtagged it #TBT. On Thursday's there are numerous pictures tweeted.

This topic is not only for Thursday's but for any day. You can post personal pictures, or pictures related to any of the shows you watch.

I will get us started to 2009 when I had a fabulous trip to Italy. I visited my grandparents hometown and took a picture of the door to my grandmother's baking room/cave. She baked for the whole village back in the day. They are both long gone now, but the last time I was there, prior to this trip, I was 9yrs old with my Dad. This was an emotional trip because my Dad passed away 4 short years later after our trip.

GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 31097

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Throwback Thursday's is Throwback Everyday at BBF

Post by Kashathediva on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:41 pm

Kasha my diva 13 yrs ago:

and now:

My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss

Kashathediva

Female Posts : 21676

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:50 pm

@Kashathediva wrote:Kasha my diva 13 yrs ago:

and now:

She is so adorable. I really want a dog, but hubby is making me wait until we live closer to home or have a fenced in back yard, so that the dog won't have to spend so much time alone or stuck in the house at the mercy of the kitties during the day!

stuckinsc

Female Posts : 8965

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:51 pm

@GuardianAngel wrote:Thanks to Kasha's suggestion, we have created a Throwback Thursday topic. Those on twitter are familiar with #TBT, for those who are not on twitter, someone started way back when, posting pics from a previous time in their lives and hashtagged it #TBT. On Thursday's there are numerous pictures tweeted.

This topic is not only for Thursday's but for any day. You can post personal pictures, or pictures related to any of the shows you watch.

I will get us started to 2009 when I had a fabulous trip to Italy. I visited my grandparents hometown and took a picture of the door to my grandmother's baking room/cave. She baked for the whole village back in the day. They are both long gone now, but the last time I was there, prior to this trip, I was 9yrs old with my Dad. This was an emotional trip because my Dad passed away 4 short years later after our trip.

I am so happy you have that wonderful memory of the trip, your grandmother and your father to hold with you!

stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 am

I want to resurrect this thread and thought the best way to break the ice was to post a TBT myself.  So here goes.
This is a TBT of me from my "capping" ceremony 1977? In nursing school we were not allowed to wear pants and our dresses had to still reach the floor if we got down on our knees. No nail polish. Hair had to be pulled up or back or cut above the shoulder. As you can see--all white, all the time.

My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
 sweet kiss

Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Kasha!!! That's priceless!!! clapping! Thank you for your years of helping people in the health field.

Is that a make up mirror behind you?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Yes, that is a makeup mirror. :Nod:

sweet kiss

Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:45 pm

laugh out loud I had one years ago. Then the lights went out. It took me forever to find replacement bulbs. Once I found them, somewhere in Montreal, I couldn't get the plastic covers off. I was so determined, I finally got it done. It lasted another I'm going to say 23 yrs which takes me to two years ago. Then it just died. I looked everywhere, online, ebay amazon, WalMart and on and on for another one like it. One day I was at the hardware store down the street, and what's sitting on a shelf? I grabbed it so quickly I couldn't believe it. They are the best! I was so lost without it. laugh out loud

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Kasha, I love seeing your nurses uniform. I grew up seeing my mom go to work dressed just like this for years.

Thanks for being the true care giver for years as well. bestbud!

On a throwback note. My dad was unconscious for two and a half months in an ICU after a terrible car accident in 2003. His nurses were the absolute best, they not only cared for him but also for our family, since the doctors could barely take the time to even visit my dad. I told my friend the MD/PhD candidate at the time that maybe I would give up my PhD program to get a MS in nursing, she told me I couldn't I would be fired for insubordination to the doctors probably during training. So double thank you to all our nurses, not just for being wonderful caregivers, but for being a better person than I could ever be. Hugesmile

stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:40 am

For TBT I found a photo of the mod team about 15 months ago when we first started at BBF:source

And here we are a year later:

source

sweet kiss

Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:41 am

How I long for those poofy perm days! cantstopl cantstopl

All Rules

GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:38 pm

giggling I watched both those shows back in the day!

Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: Real Life

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum