SELECT CONTENT

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6

Page 47 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:18 am

umngirl wrote:Sean and Catherine's wedding did better than JP/Ashley. It also went head-to-head with the Grammys which is an extremely tough task.

A lot of the "ridiculousness" in the wedding special was out of SeanCat's control. They honestly cared more about getting the ceremony of their dreams which is exactly what they got and it was spectacular. The rest was just fluff in their eyes so they didn't really care.

I did not mean any of what I posted as an insult to Sean or Cat. I just don't see Des and Chris pulling that type of stuff off.

I also think ABC did think their wedding would do better and started re-evaluating when it didn't.

I am not blaming Sean and Cat. ABC aired it when they did. I thought the actual wedding was beautiful, the special was ridiculous.

I also think we won't see another bachelor wedding in January. I think if they have more air they will be in the summer.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6

Post by soccermom333 Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 am

umngirl wrote:^I'm going off social media numbers. According to that, Josh and Andi are more popular than even SeanCat (although I seriously question that).  

I just think TPTB don't see good ratings for a wedding for these two so they are passing. I think they see a higher draw in a potential Andi/Josh wedding because of a number of different factors. Personally, I probably won't watch another franchise wedding no matter who it is. Wait, I take that back. If SeanCat got a vow renewal in the future I would watch that. They ruined all weddings for me. Lol

Andi and Josh will be the next to get married and I have a feeling it will be televised. No one knows for sure. I for one am a big fan of Jodi so I will watch. All the "successful" couples will be there, well usually they are, so you might want to peek in to see your favorites. ;)

Happy when anyone finds love from this show. They are all one big happy bachelor family, and everyone of them love to party and celebrate their successes. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:34 am

stuckinsc wrote:
umngirl wrote:Sean and Catherine's wedding did better than JP/Ashley. It also went head-to-head with the Grammys which is an extremely tough task.

A lot of the "ridiculousness" in the wedding special was out of SeanCat's control. They honestly cared more about getting the ceremony of their dreams which is exactly what they got and it was spectacular. The rest was just fluff in their eyes so they didn't really care.

I did not mean any of what I posted as an insult to Sean or Cat.  I just don't see Des and Chris pulling that type of stuff off.

I also think ABC did think their wedding would do better and started re-evaluating when it didn't.  

I am not blaming Sean and Cat.  ABC aired it when they did.  I thought the actual wedding was beautiful, the special was ridiculous.

I also think we won't see another bachelor wedding in January.  I think if they have more air they will be in the summer.

No worries. I didn't take it as in insult to SeanCat. That stuff was very specific to SeanCat as he had the whole "born again virgin" label and they were waiting to have sex till the got married. Wouldn't apply to Des and Chris...or any other Bachelor/ette couple since they all moved in together.

I don't know if ABC was displeased with the ratings for the SeanCat wedding. It was up against the Grammy's and it held it's own. I thought the ratings were pretty good all things considered.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:40 am

Sprite wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I did not mean any of what I posted as an insult to Sean or Cat.  I just don't see Des and Chris pulling that type of stuff off.

I am not blaming Sean and Cat.  ABC aired it when they did.  I thought the actual wedding was beautiful, the special was ridiculous.

I also think we won't see another bachelor wedding in January.  I think if they have more air they will be in the summer.

No worries. I didn't take it as in insult to SeanCat. That stuff was very specific to SeanCat as he had the whole "born again virgin" label and they were waiting to have sex till the got married. Wouldn't apply to Des and Chris...or any other Bachelor/ette couple since they all moved in together.

I don't know if ABC was displeased with the ratings for the SeanCat wedding. It was up against the Grammy's and it held it's own. I thought the ratings were pretty good all things considered.

I thought they expected it to out perform JPG and when it didn't then, it was a disappointment.

I do think we will see weddings in lower rating times, just not January again. With the Oscars moved forward there is a lot of competition in January.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:55 am

stuckinsc wrote:

I thought they expected it to out perform JPG and when it didn't then, it was a disappointment.  

I do think we will see weddings in lower rating times, just not January again.  With the Oscars moved forward there is a lot of competition in January.

No, I don't think they were comparing it to the Monday show. I believe they just wanted decent numbers against the Grammies and were hoping to improve the ratings over the Jash wedding.

I think after the success of Sean's season...ratings and ending...they expected a bit of a resurgence in ratings for Des. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. She was just too low key and normal and I think one of the reasons they pushed for Andi and her strong/tough, take no prisoners approach. Unfortunately, that didn't work either since the ratings were about on par. Now umngirl mentioned that Jodi has stronger SM numbers than Des and Chris and that is why they may be televised over them. I don't know how much of that has to do with all the sports ties that Josh and his brother have?
Either way... :why:

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:36 am

IMO, ABC shot themselves in the foot so to speak with how Des season was portrayed the edit was all about Des being in love with Brooks and her loosing it when he left, and her declaring her love and accepting a ring mere days later from another didn't ring true to the general public. That is why there is not a lot of interest in this couple from the general public or ABC, they did a hatchet job on that season and that is probably one of the reasons why this couple is not as popular with the general public. I hope people notice I said general public not online fans who studied this show and know the editing tricks. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Andi's doesn't air either, if they think Chris will have a successful match with a wedding soon to follow they will wait IMO.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:12 am

Sprite wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I do think we will see weddings in lower rating times, just not January again.  With the Oscars moved forward there is a lot of competition in January.

No, I don't think they were comparing it to the Monday show. I believe they just wanted decent numbers against the Grammies and were hoping to improve the ratings over the Jash wedding.

I think after the success of Sean's season...ratings and ending...they expected a bit of a resurgence in ratings for Des. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. She was just too low key and normal and I think one of the reasons they pushed for Andi and her strong/tough, take no prisoners approach. Unfortunately, that didn't work either since the ratings were about on par. Now umngirl mentioned that Jodi has stronger SM numbers than Des and Chris and that is why they may be televised over them. I don't know how much of that has to do with all the sports ties that Josh and his brother have?
Either way... :why:

I really don't think it has much to do with the sports ties, because Andi has the most followers on her SM accounts than both Josh and Aaron in fact I will say that because of Josh being on the bachelorette both the brothers have benefitted from Josh exposure in terms of SM following....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:13 am

Des and Chris are crazy in love over the moon for each other. Most of their wedding is being paid for, and they have waited long enough. It is sad they won't be televised but we knew this for awhile now, and i am sure at this point they don't care and just want to get married and get on with their life together.

I know we will see lots of pictures and if they do televise Josh and Andi, you can bet Des and Chris will be invited. Smiley

I have a feeling that ABC will break the mold and televise Josh and Andi in the Spring or early summer. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:29 am

I think ABC's decision has to do with their low key-ness (some would say boring, I say too normal for TV) + low ratings for past wedding specials. 

It probably is (or was) a bummer to find out they'd have to do their own thing, but I'm just happy that it didn't put off their wedding too much. I'm sure there will be many perks involved and the only major thing they're missing out on is the paycheque.   

One thing I know is that Des and Chris haven't seem to let it stop them and are forever grateful to have found each other his way and don't seem too bothered. They are so positive it hurts laugh out loud  

I do wish Andi and Josh get a special because I love weddings.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:51 am

Moved to the general thread.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 Cather10Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 -the-b12Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 Bach1212Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 Bachel10Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 Wecsrp12Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 10689-11
I want to be rich in love ~ Sean Lowe  
I thank God for bringing you to me and igniting that same light ~ Catherine Lowe
blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:46 am

Moved to general discussion

Last edited by Maggenzm on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:13 am

Magg, would you mind copying your post over to the general thread? GA moved the one you quoted. Thanks!

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 47 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6

+50
islandgirl
provenceguy
Jolena
Rolly
Maggenzm