SELECT CONTENT

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Page 22 of 49 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:23 pm

luvlady345 wrote:I have to stick up for Dr. Jenn, I have watched every season of the show and to be honest she did say she feels something else is going on besides the camera issues......  You are only as good as your patients let you be, if Nikki will not open up and discuss what is bothering her how can therapy help?  JP is opening up about what his issues are with Nikki so of course Dr. Jenn is going to discuss those issues...

Luv, I actually rather enjoy Dr. Jenn. Just felt she did align herself with JPG and that it was not the right approach for the situation. She is a trained therapist, not me, but in a couple, I would think the therapist should not take sides. I did like that she called Nikki out. In therapy honesty is the most important thing.

I also get Nikki's hesitation. I am going to over share here, but I have had years of therapy. I have a very odd family. My therapist about a year and a half in actually applauded me and told me she was so proud of me, it had taken her that long to be able to get to more core issue without tightening up and making responses to shut down the process. The funny thing was that I had no idea I did it, it was so ingrained in me that it just happened it wasn't something I did on purpose. Thankfully, my therapist was patient and got through to me. Now we meet every other week, so maybe multiple sessions everyday for three weeks will let Nikki break through too and Nikki might not even know that she is blocking the process.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:25 pm

mindless wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Mindless, I respect your opinion.  I know I just don't see the same JPG everyone else sees.  I admit, I have been wrong before.  I was a huge fan of Jef Holms.  I really thought he wanted to help other people.  So I hope I am right and others are wrong, but who knows.

I do respect JPG as a dad and Nikki as a nurse.  For the rest, I am going to wait and see until the season ends.  But I like that we can discuss this with respectful opinions and hear what the others have to say.

Oh I also respect JPG as a dad. He seems very involved in his daughter's life, which is great. I'm just not sure if it says anything about his adult relationships. I was also a bit surprised to hear Nikki say she's not moving to Miami, since you'd think she would want Camila to be a priority to him, especially considering she works with kids herself. She can't possibly expect him to move to the other side of country without her, and moving her mom and grandparents as well seems pretty far off. Relocating everyone because Nikki doesn't like Miami? Not happening. That's why I find it hard to believe he would even discuss that as an option with her. Or is it just a way to keep her hopeful and he has no intention of ever following through? Just bizarre. I always thought it was a given that JPG wouldn't relocate.

I will be very disappointed if Nikki won't move to Miami. I really thought it was clear to all of his women that they would have to move to Miami. It isn't about being all about JPG. Camila's mother is there and for joint custody if JPG wants to see his daughter as much as he can, he needs to be in the same city as Camila.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Alanna wrote:I don't know if Nikki is an introvert so much as she knows if she tells JPG her feelings and thoughts, she'll be told "essssss ok, there's the door." She is getting his attention by being a brat and told to stop whining, complaining, and nagging him, but at least he's not breaking up with her so she's happy with it. Sad.

This is my opinion and only my opinion, but Nikki has no idea how JPG will react. He was pretty okay with Sharleen standing up for herself and I thought part of what he liked about Nikki was her strength.

I really like Nikki, but when we women refuse to show our true selves to keep a man, that is our fault not his. If a man, any man, doesn't want the real you then he doesn't deserve you.

If JPG won't accept the real Nikki, then she deserves someone who will.

It isn't JPG's fault if Nikki isn't showing her true self. That is all on her.

This is not me being a JPG apologist. I tell this to all my friends. We as women deserve to find the man who loves us for who we truly are, if we decide to accept less, it is our own fault and we shouldn't blame anyone else. A man who can't accept us for who we are doesn't deserve us.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Alanna wrote:I don't know if Nikki is an introvert so much as she knows if she tells JPG her feelings and thoughts, she'll be told "essssss ok, there's the door." She is getting his attention by being a brat and told to stop whining, complaining, and nagging him, but at least he's not breaking up with her so she's happy with it. Sad.

Very interesting point and really made me think. :yes:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:08 am

Alanna wrote: I don't know if Nikki is an introvert so much as she knows if she tells JPG her feelings and thoughts, she'll be told "essssss ok, there's the door." She is getting his attention by being a brat and told to stop whining, complaining, and nagging him, but at least he's not breaking up with her so she's happy with it. Sad.

But she already tells him her thoughts laugh out loud "don't ever schedule a f*cking interview in my room again"

I don't think she's an introvert. If this is her on TV, I'm willing to bet he's seen the real Nikki, and her the real JP. I think she finds getting therapy on TV more difficult and awkward than she thought prior to going on.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 22 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:10 am

stuckinsc wrote:
mindless wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Mindless, I respect your opinion.  I know I just don't see the same JPG everyone else sees.  I admit, I have been wrong before.  I was a huge fan of Jef Holms.  I really thought he wanted to help other people.  So I hope I am right and others are wrong, but who knows.

I do respect JPG as a dad and Nikki as a nurse.  For the rest, I am going to wait and see until the season ends.  But I like that we can discuss this with respectful opinions and hear what the others have to say.

Oh I also respect JPG as a dad. He seems very involved in his daughter's life, which is great. I'm just not sure if it says anything about his adult relationships. I was also a bit surprised to hear Nikki say she's not moving to Miami, since you'd think she would want Camila to be a priority to him, especially considering she works with kids herself. She can't possibly expect him to move to the other side of country without her, and moving her mom and grandparents as well seems pretty far off. Relocating everyone because Nikki doesn't like Miami? Not happening. That's why I find it hard to believe he would even discuss that as an option with her. Or is it just a way to keep her hopeful and he has no intention of ever following through? Just bizarre. I always thought it was a given that JPG wouldn't relocate.

I will be very disappointed if Nikki won't move to Miami.  I really thought it was clear to all of his women that they would have to move to Miami.  It isn't about being all about JPG.  Camila's mother is there and for joint custody if JPG wants to see his daughter as much as he can, he needs to be in the same city as Camila.

I, for one, believed Nikki when she said that she and JPG intends to relocate to southern California and also think the girl is DELUSIONAL for believing their relationship stands a chance given her aversion to living a public life and JPG's desire to build a career out of their notoriety. duh

After watching the episode, I admit spending a few minutes pondering, was I as stupid as she was when I was her age?
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:56 am

Wow. Just watched this. I find it so sad. Nikki is a really unpleasant person, IMO. Who would put up with that. And everything is so "whatever" to JP with his non-chalant, smiling attitude. I don't think anything registers below a surface level with him, even when discussing deeper things. I really wonder if Nikki realizes how she appears to others from the outside and how spoiled she comes across - she wants the benefits of the situation without parts that annoy her, to paraphrase her own words. Well, what makes you better than anyone else to expect that. It was almost funny if not so cringey to see the other people saying why is she there and to grow up and deal, while she just kept on having poor me conversations to people who are in the same position as her. And her "we're going to move to LA so I can be a regular nurse out of the spotlight that I hate so much" actual made me laugh out loud.

I loved that Jen called her out for her treatment of the staff. I feel l like people who have some entitled idea they are above the fray often aren't called on it.

It's really mind boggling to me why they are in a relationship at all and if either knows how to love someone else. What does either get out of it other than hoping to get more appearance money because they are a Bachelor couple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:12 am

docnash14 wrote:Here's the excerpt:
"That being said, I was not on board at all with how Dr. Jenn handled the individual sessions with JP and Nikki. Therapists have different protocols about whether to see a couple with whom they are doing couples work also in individual sessions; some will meet with each individually before beginning couples work; others have a strict policy not to see them at all in individual sessions if they are being seen as a couple. I used to do the former but learned the hard way the hazards of doing so when a wife started her individual session with the disclosure that she was having an affair followed immediately with the admonition that I was not to tell her husband. Unintentionally or not she had created an unholy alliance between her and me - never a good thing. In my opinion, Dr. Jenn did the same with Juan Pablo when she brought him in to essentially talk about Nikki behind her back. And I thought she was aligning herself with him when she said something like that he seemed to her to be very open in contrast to Nikki (can't recall how she described Nikki but it didn't seem as positive of a description as she had given JP). Earlier Nikki had been sharing her impression that JP seemed to think that she (Nikki) was the cause of all of their relationship difficulties. In my opinion, the way Dr Jenn handled the session with JP gave him reason to continue to believe that."

Thanks for posting this here Doc. I found it interesting to recently read comments in the fan forum that Nikki has stopped following Dr. Jenn on Instagram (Nikki had already deactivated her Twitter account after the first episode of CT aired because of negative comments she was getting) and is untagged in all Dr. Jenn's Couples Therapy pics. So it appears that after filming CT there may be some lingering hard feelings about the show and / or Dr. Jenn on Nikki's part. It's possible that Nikki was not aware of how Dr. Jenn handled the session with JPG until it aired, and once it aired Nikki was left with the same impression that you (and I and some others here) have and that it didn't sit too well with Nikki. Overall it seems to me that CT has been a more negative experience for Nikki than a positive one, at least so far.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:31 pm

^^ Has anyone considered that part of Nikki's negative experience might have something to do with not being paid? Could very well be that what we are talking about --- regardless if we call it her bad attitude, rudeness and potty mouth OR poor misunderstood Nikki being unfairly treated by Dr. Jenn --- is being interpreted by production as a cast member who violated her contract, thus refusing to pay her any or all of the $40 grand she expected out of the deal.
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Amberish wrote:^^ Has anyone considered that part of Nikki's negative experience might have something to do with not being paid? Could very well be that what we are talking about --- regardless if we call it her bad attitude, rudeness and potty mouth OR poor misunderstood Nikki being unfairly treated by Dr. Jenn --- is being interpreted by production as a cast member who violated her contract, thus refusing to pay her any or all of the $40 grand she expected out of the deal.

I think that's possible. I also think there could have been some sort of agreement between Nikki and JPG that some part of her apperance fee would be paid to him so she might never have been getting all of it in the first place. I truly have no information that either of these scenarios is the case and I don't even have any hunch about either - just that I think either is possible.

I do believe that Dr. Jenn wasn't very pleased with Nikki when they met for their 1-1; there was one very surprising expression of anger on Dr. Jenn's face while they were talking. Exactly what caused the anger I can't say but Nikki was pretty abusive to the producers on a show that Dr. Jenn is "running" and that might have been all it took to strike a nerve. But if I was in therapy and I got a look like that from my therapist - I would pick a new therapist.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:29 pm

As much as I hate to agree with Steve Carbone, it finally crystallizing for me that what he's held all along is, in fact, true:

Reality Steve wrote:A couple of you have asked me on Twitter and in email what I’ve thought of “Couples Therapy” so far with Juan Pablo and Nikki. I have seen all three episodes, and really, it’s pretty much exactly what I’ve told you for a year now. He doesn’t love her, never did, never will, has no intention of ever moving in with her, or marrying her, and she was the biggest bitch on his season. You think she only treats the producers on “Couples Therapy” that way and is only bitchy to them? Laughable. The side ABC chose not to show you is now coming out and that’s basically exactly how she acted on her season of the “Bachelor.” I find it hilarious that Nikki has admittedly quit Twitter because she’s sick of people taking shots at her behind a computer, rather than to her face. Yet, this is the same girl who took to Twitter during “Bachelor in Paradise” and said Elise was as bright as a box of rocks. Everything that Jenna Jameson and Deena are saying on that show about her couldn’t be more true. You know what you signed up for. Cameras are going to follow you around 24/7. Don’t sit and complain about it the whole time. I’m sorry, but it’s 2014. We live in a world where social media is a big deal. You don’t want to be judged, criticized, mocked, ridiculed, etc? Then don’t go on two reality shows. It’s as simple as that. More evidence that both of them basically did the show for the pay day. That’s all. They’ve got some major issues as you can see, and it’s only a matter of time before zero people will care about them and they’ll just end things.

I've seen it posted, time and time, again about Juan Pablo wanting Nikki to move to Miami. Has Juan Pablo ever publically discussed his preference of Nikki moving to Miami, because I don't think so ...

Although I still believe Nikki really wanted a relationship and a ring out of the deal, it's rather clear the girl is one beer short of a six-pack.

Last edited by albean99 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Can't link to RS site.)
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:33 pm

I'm not sure what's all going on but I was perusing JPG's Insta and he gifted his ex, Camila's mom, a spa treatment and then went with her and took a pic. WTF? Weren't they living together at one point too? Nikki, wake up.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 49 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

+40
SerenityGirl
glazedover
smartcat
jojo47
chinita