SELECT CONTENT

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers*

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers* Empty Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Further discussion for Monet and Vaughn here.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71350

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers* Empty Re: Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers*

Post by theKeptGrits Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:30 am

Do you want me to post the links to the articles they've both done?

I had such high hope for this couple. I think the reason for that is I have an African American son-in-law who is the salt of the earth. He treats my daughter with such love and respect. When she was deployed after they were married I wondered if he would be unfaithful, like her first husband (a white guy) was. But my sil bonded with our family during that time, and patiently waited for my daughter's return. I think I projected those expectations on Vaughn, wrongly. Especially because in my mind he was also representing Vets, I expected much better then we saw from the editing.

In many ways I wish the editing would have shown us some of the things they've both said went on. Those unedited scenes would have given us a much better, broader scope of both their characters. And I really would like to more about what made the experts feel that they were so compatible.

I stopped rooting for them when Monet had the girl's night instead of engaging with her husband. That was a clear sign to me that she viewed him as more of an accessorie then a husband.

But Vaughn does not get a pass. I agree with many who have commented that he was/is looking for an exact duplicate of his mother. Many times I felt he acted like a spoiled little boy lashing out.

They both knew the cameras would pick up everything. And editing is something that is a part of Reality TV. But since we were not actually there, we don't really know what all DID happen.

I just hope that these two have not set a bad precedence for all other Black couples that may be matched on future season.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers* Empty Re: Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers*

Post by theKeptGrits Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:11 am

The difference in incomes, life goals and motivation was an obvious sore spot with them.
Here is the closest occupation links I could find to what they both do.

Her's
Monet's

His
Vaughn's

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Interviews with Monet
Essence mag

S2S (Sister 2 Sister)

Dr C speaks regarding M/V divorce

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:18 pm

theKeptGrits wrote:Do you want me to post the links to the articles they've both done?

I had such high hope for this couple. I think the reason for that is I have an African American son-in-law who is the salt of the earth. He treats my daughter with such love and respect. When she was deployed after they were married I wondered if he would be unfaithful, like her first husband (a white guy) was. But my sil bonded with our family during that time, and patiently waited for my daughter's return. I think I projected those expectations on Vaughn, wrongly. Especially because in my mind he was also representing Vets, I expected much better then we saw from the editing.

In many ways I wish the editing would have shown us some of the things they've both said went on. Those unedited scenes would have given us a much better, broader scope of both their characters. And I really would like to more about what made the experts feel that they were so compatible.

I stopped rooting for them when Monet had the girl's night instead of engaging with her husband. That was a clear sign to me that she viewed him as more of an accessorie then a husband.

But Vaughn does not get a pass. I agree with many who have commented that he was/is looking for an exact duplicate of his mother. Many times I felt he acted like a spoiled little boy lashing out.

They both knew the cameras would pick up everything. And editing is something that is a part of Reality TV. But since we were not actually there, we don't really know what all DID happen.

I just hope that these two have not set a bad precedence for all other Black couples that may be matched on future season.
Nice post. yes
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:24 pm

I feel as if Monet is getting the sister support from women of her race as well as others. I've only seen one interview with Vaughn. He said he is going back to school and focusing on himself but enjoying the support of his friends. Guess what I'm saying is the public seems to be on Monet's side and I just want to give Vaughn some support too!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Interviews with Vaughn

jet mag

Women's forum

Last edited by theKeptGrits on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Norcalgal wrote:I feel as if Monet is getting the sister support from women of her race as well as others.  I've only seen one interview with Vaughn.  He said he is going back to school and focusing on himself but enjoying the support of his friends.  Guess what I'm saying is the public seems to be  on Monet's side and I just want to give Vaughn some support too!
thumbsup
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:40 pm

TheKeptgirls, thanks for all of the articles. clapping!
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:43 pm

You're welcome. I will keep watching because I really am interested in knowing what makes these 2 tick. I'm also interested to see how they use this experience and it's lessons to move forward.

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:04 pm

nypost article where V says he's going to school to get his engineering degree & Monet is going to write a humorous dating book

Well, when my hubby read that he told me he wished he could warn V about college chicks that target EE students because they see future $$$ signs. It's something my guy dealt with when he returned to college after the Air Force, only my man was married and that gave him a buffer. He says he's glad he had that, plus if he cheated he knew he'd lose me. But for guys today, engineering is "sexier" then it was back then.

poooor Vaughn. Praying

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Norcalgal wrote:I feel as if Monet is getting the sister support from women of her race as well as others.  I've only seen one interview with Vaughn.  He said he is going back to school and focusing on himself but enjoying the support of his friends.  Guess what I'm saying is the public seems to be  on Monet's side and I just want to give Vaughn some support too!

Me too. Why is it ok for Monet to list what she wants in a man, but not ok for Vaughn. He wanted someone who can cook, whether that's chauvinistic in this day and age, or not, that's his choice. I think he's getting a lot of flak for that, with Monet not helping by retweeting every tweet that's on her side.

Thanks for all the articles Grits! yes

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71350

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers*

+13
jlccaz
Amo630
Amberish
nuts2uiam
Lovedaddio
luvlady345
atem
albean99
dw_a_mom
Norcalgal
2observe