SELECT CONTENT

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers*

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers*

Post by 2observe Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:58 pm

theKeptGrits wrote:I agree that Black women are portrayed badly. I've never watched Atlanta Housewives, but I did watch Married to Medicine and could not believe it.
I am white, but my son in law is Black and I am friends with his family and know them well. NONE of the strong women in that family would EVER think to act as Monet nor MTM or Housewives women have on screen.
Now if reality tv could find someone like Clair Huxtable on the Cosby Show...they might be closer to changing perception and finally help it be more positive. Will that ever happen is the question.
thumbsup clapping! :cutesmile!:
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers*

Post by Lovedaddio Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:14 am

2observe wrote:
theKeptGrits wrote:I agree that Black women are portrayed badly. I've never watched Atlanta Housewives, but I did watch Married to Medicine and could not believe it.
I am white, but my son in law is Black and I am friends with his family and know them well. NONE of the strong women in that family would EVER think to act as Monet nor MTM or Housewives women have on screen.
Now if reality tv could find someone like Clair Huxtable on the Cosby Show...they might be closer to changing perception and finally help it be more positive. Will that ever happen is the question.
thumbsup clapping! :cutesmile!:

It's ironic that Claire Huxtable was mentioned. I remember being in college when the Cosby Show first debuted and there were protests from many Black people complaining that the show wasn't realistic because they felt they couldn't relate to a wealthy Black family where the father was an obstetrician and the mother was an attorney. That something like that was an anomaly in real life.

Lovedaddio

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:15 am

I also remember Bill Cosby standing up for the characters and the shows premise.

It does not matter how many $$$ one has, color of skin, or where they came from or what they hope to achieve professionally. If they do not know how to navigate relationships, they are doomed to failure over and over. One does NOT need an MD or a PhD to break that cycle, just be open minded and go to the book store and buy a self help book from a respected author and USE it to learn.

I was glad to see that Vaughn purchased Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. John Grey is a good author, my hubby and I have read his books and used the advice with good result.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:38 am

Lovedaddio wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
Lovedaddio wrote:

Luvlady345, First of all I am a Black man, so to say my comments were cloaked  in racist stereotypes is ludicrous. I'm not sure you fully got my point. I certainly am aware that White, Latina, or Asian women would probably have some of the same complaints that black women do, But we're not talking about other races, we're talking about Black women. If you read all the way thru my comment I clearly stated that I thought the stereotypes were totally unfair. That Black women not being afraid to voice their displeasure of the behaviors of Black men should not be construed as being argumentative. I thought it was a legit question of Vaughn to ask Monet if he thought Black women were more argumentative. Sure there are other poor representations of other races. Something like Honey Booboo comes to mind.

I wish you had focused more on what I wrote about Vaughn and Monet specifically, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion regarding my post.  

Well thanks for that... To answer your question regarding Vaughan I didn't like him because I felt he was a hypocrite and didn't give their relationship a fair chance, IMO opinion when he felt challenged by Monet his ego, couldn't handle being challenged and he also didn't respect her or their relationship, (threesome talk) I just don't think he was into her....

Thank you for recognizing my point. Isn't it so nice when Black women and Black men get along....LOL. I agree that Vaughn is not used to, nor does he like being challenged by a woman and we all know Monet is not afraid to challenge him when she feels its warranted. I think he went into it wanting to respect her and the relationship, but as soon as they were on the honeymoon and he didn't feel like he was getting the attention he deserved from her he started pouting, which to me shows a level of immaturity on his part. I don't know if I would call him a hypocrite. He was very clear about what he wanted. I just still scratch my head over how these two were rated over 90% compatible. They have MAJOR philosophical differences about relationships. And I thought I read an excerpt from the Jet magazine interview that said that the "threesome" comment was more a product of how it was edited. That they were talking about wild and crazy sex stuff but it looked on camera like he was asking his new bride to do a threesome. I could be wrong. If anyone can post Vaughn's Jet interview I'd love to read it in full.  

What did you think about my comment that Monet squeezing him into her apartment was a rather telling metaphor for their relationship? That she didn't mind being married and him being there as long he didn't upset her perfectly crafted life and cramp her style so to speak.  

I LOVE this interaction with you 2. It's like sitting at the dinner table with my friends.
Here is the link to the Jet Article. Vaughn's Q & A with Jet

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Monet looks fantastic!

Monet‏@monet_iam·19m19 minutes ago
Thank you for the wonderful picture. @BFA_NYC @LANVINofficial #ArtBaselMiami pic.twitter.com/cc75Iv6ZDB

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers* - Page 4 B4YRfYwIEAEVjkX

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amo630 Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:02 am

http://jamesjfoytlin.blogspot.com/2014/07/actor-model-vaughn-copeland-says-thank.html?m=1

Must read. Thank you letter for helping him get the gig on A&E.

Amo630

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:15 am

See ... This show IS more traditional casting than expert science matching. We can all see that now I hope! The experts are cads for pretending that actor/model is coincidence not design. Thank you for posting this.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 pm

We don't have a General discussion thread for Season one, so I'm bringing this here. Has anyone heard about this? Are they referring to M/V?

MAFS season one resulted in success as two of the couples who participated remain married today despite rumors of rocky relationships, blow-up fights, and hotel dwelling for at least one of the season one cast members.
From the link below posted by nan.

nan27 wrote:Did anyone post this article?  It at least exposes some of the things that we have been discussing.  http://www.viralglobalnews.com/entertainment/married-at-first-sight-experts-refuse-all-blame-for-their-failure/31213/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Amo630 wrote:http://jamesjfoytlin.blogspot.com/2014/07/actor-model-vaughn-copeland-says-thank.html?m=1

Did you note this is a year old?
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by anOldBMW Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:
Amo630 wrote:http://jamesjfoytlin.blogspot.com/2014/07/actor-model-vaughn-copeland-says-thank.html?m=1

Did you note this is a year old?

I think they are referring to Season 1 of MAFS. The post was made in July, which was right before the show was set to air. Season 1 couples married late March 2014, and filming was finished 6 weeks later (so early to mid May 2014).

anOldBMW

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:53 am

Monet, is going to be in a new show, that if I get it, I will be watching. I've never had any problem with Monet.
Here is the link.

http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2015/11/02/married-at-first-sight-season-1-star-monet-bell-to-appear-in-new-dating-reality-show-blacklove/

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers* - Page 4 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:31 pm

I actually think that sounds really interesting -- just as long as it doesn't end up actually being offensive and accomplishing the opposite of what it sounds like the aim is. Hopefully the experts end up being better than most of the MAFS experts....

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Monet Bell & Vaughn Copeland - Married at First Sight - Season 1 - Discussion *Spoilers*

+13
jlccaz
Amo630
Amberish
nuts2uiam
Lovedaddio
luvlady345
atem
albean99
dw_a_mom
Norcalgal
2observe