SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat  Empty General Chit Chat

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:48 am

Post anything you would like to share. Whether it be a recipe or if you have a general question about something you're looking to purchase, or need a gift idea. Good news is always welcomed, a well as sad news or prayer requests.

I saw this on twitter this morning and just wanted to share.

Joel Osteen ✔@JoelOsteen

Don’t focus on what people are doing wrong; show a little mercy. Be a light, a positive influence, a difference maker.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71280

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

General Chit Chat  Empty Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:36 pm

This is a lovely idea! Thank you. Smiley

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:02 pm

My hubby is in Canada for three weeks and he was so cute, he told me, you know they have Canadian versions of a lot of our reality tv shows. He talked about Amazing Race and then he said they even have a bachelorette. I corrected him it was the bachelor, but bonus points for him for noticing at all.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:37 pm

That was sweet of him, because he was trying to make a nice connection to something he knows you enjoy! Sometimes these guys do try!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:45 pm

stuckinsc wrote:My hubby is in Canada for three weeks and he was so cute, he told me, you know they have Canadian versions of a lot of our reality tv shows.  He talked about Amazing Race and then he said they even have a bachelorette.  I corrected him it was the bachelor, but bonus points for him for noticing at all.  

Welcome to Canada!!! TAR Canada was great! It was the season finale last night. The prizes are amazing. My female hockey player favourites came in second, and probably should have won instead of the team that only won one leg, but it was awesome. Season 3 coming up!

Oh if he's anywhere near Lake Ontario can you tell him to go to the CN Tower and take a pic of the inside of the restaurant? We are having a hard time in the Bachelor Canada thread. cantstopl
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:42 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:My hubby is in Canada for three weeks and he was so cute, he told me, you know they have Canadian versions of a lot of our reality tv shows.  He talked about Amazing Race and then he said they even have a bachelorette.  I corrected him it was the bachelor, but bonus points for him for noticing at all.  

Welcome to Canada!!! TAR Canada was great! It was the season finale last night. The prizes are amazing. My female hockey player favourites came in second, and probably should have won instead of the team that only won one leg, but it was awesome. Season 3 coming up!

Oh if he's anywhere near Lake Ontario can you tell him to go to the CN Tower and take a pic of the inside of the restaurant? We are having a hard time in the Bachelor Canada thread. cantstopl

I will ask him if he has time off if he can go. It was very sweet that hubby thought of that. He doesn't watch the show with me, he just can't take it and gives up after a few minutes.

He was looking forward to the TAR finale last night. I was working so we talked in the afternoon.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Oh no I'm :justkidding He'll get to see a lot more of Canada if he continues to watch. That's so sweet that he noticed the shows!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:57 pm

I did ask and of course he says, aren't there views from the top already? He is so sweet.

I told him you all thought he was cute and he said that you all watch the Big Bang Theory too much and the whole nerd as cute and cool thing would have been awesome when he was in his 20s and not cool.

He is enjoying Canadian tv much more than Japanese tv. He was in Japan on sabbatical for six months when we met and he said it was hilarious and sometimes just really weird. Of course, he doesn't speak a lot of Japanese either.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 pm

He will get a lot of the US stations as well. We have a wide variety being close to the NY border. He will learn some French too in our bilingual country!

I can't imagine watching TV in Japan! laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:06 am

GuardianAngel wrote:He will get a lot of the US stations as well. We have a wide variety being close to the NY border. He will learn some French too in our bilingual country!

I can't imagine watching TV in Japan! laugh out loud

He speaks a tiny bit of French. As BS Chemistry majors back in the 1990s you had to take French, German or Russian to have an American Chemical Society certified degree. He and I both opted for French, so we both speak a little very badly and understand a little bit more than that.

He is enjoying Canada so far, especially the weather. He said he is going to whine when he gets back here and it is hot again. We are having a bit of a cold front, highs are only in the upper 70s, but it should be gone by the time he gets back.

Now here is the real question. I get a magnet for the fridge from each place he visits, but is there anything else I should ask for as my gift. He is wonderful about bring me gifts back since he travels so much and I am pretty okay with it. He says I deserve treats compared to some of the wives and spouses who drive the SO crazy.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:49 am

We are required to take French in school. I speak hardly any of it, just a few words here and there. Everything is in French on most products you buy.

Toques are a Canadian thing. There are so many nice ones for females. I'm not sure that you'd be able to use it, it's for cold weather.

We are world known for our ice wines. Due to the weather, we have beautiful sweaters and boots and of course Canadian Maple Syrup.

Or a coffee mug with our signature Canada eh? Smiley

Your hubby sounds perfect!

ETA: Infinity scarves! They are gorgeous and you can wear them in cooler weather.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:17 am

GuardianAngel wrote:We are required to take French in school. I speak hardly any of it, just a few words here and there. Everything is in French on most products you buy.

Toques are a Canadian thing. There are so many nice ones for females. I'm not sure that you'd be able to use it, it's for cold weather.

We are world known for our ice wines. Due to the weather, we have beautiful sweaters and boots and of course Canadian Maple Syrup.

Or a coffee mug with our signature Canada eh? Smiley

Your hubby sounds perfect!

ETA: Infinity scarves! They are gorgeous and you can wear them in cooler weather.

So perhaps a scarf, though I would love some real maple syrup too. Not sure about the customs issues and if he would be cranky about that. Ice wine might be nice too. He doesn't buy clothes in general, it hasn't worked out to well in the past giggling

He is a good one, we both compromise and work at it. We have patience for each others flaws and support each other through the bad stuff.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat

+63