SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat  - Page 7 Empty Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Kashathediva Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:03 am

When we were little my dad would pile all of us in the car(we were a family of 8) and we would take a night time drive and see all the Christmas lights and decorations. We are a jewish family so this was a lot of fun and quite special. Very special memory.
Ironically, it would usually be going home from my grandparents after a Chanukah celebration. cantstopl
When I had my own children, my husband and I did the same. There were a lot of years my husband traveled Mon-Fri and the girls and I got restless, and so went out for a holiday drive.
I remember one year, in particular they were both in jammies and their car seats and we were singing at the tops of our lungs--Wang Chung and Love Shack while viewing the lights. It is freeze framed in my mind/heart.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:05 am

Disney World at Christmas is magical. I've been to Disney 5 times, twice around Easter, once for Spring Break, and twice at Christmas. Those two trips were my favorites. The lights alone at Epcot are outstanding. Magic Kingdom is absolutely gorgeous and the Christmas parade is spectacular.

General Chit Chat  - Page 7 87b72b10 General Chit Chat  - Page 7 86669110 General Chit Chat  - Page 7 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:19 am

Kasha - That's a great story! Thanks for sharing.

umngirl - You're making me want to go, like right now to get out of this 30 degree weather!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71280

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Buffalo New York - happening now. 45 minutes away from me. 1 metre 3.28 feet and they're not done till tomorrow morning. Click through the slideshow. hmmm

Why couldn't this happen last week, preventing me from flying back from Florida into Buffalo?? Stay safe my American neighbours.
Parts of New York state have been hit with the season's first big snowfall as nearly a metre of snow blanketed the Buffalo area on Tuesday morning.

Heavy snow covers a street in Buffalo on Tuesday morning. (Carolyn Thompson/Associated Press)

Officials say whiteout conditions forced the closure of a 170-km stretch of Interstate 90 in both directions Tuesday morning. Other major highways in the area were also closed, numerous schools cancelled classes and Buffalo officials issued a driving ban for parts of the city

CBC

General Chit Chat  - Page 7 New-york-snow

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Andrew Collins‏@ACollinsPhoto·3 mins3 minutes ago
Meanwhile in #buffalo “@Stormdesk: #NYwx RT @JMTBFLO: That's a yard stick. My backyard. I need a beer.

General Chit Chat  - Page 7 B2vU9NhCUAEOseJ

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Lake effect snow. This is an incredible shot.

Joseph DeBenedictis‏@Joseph_Video·44m44 minutes ago
The wall of snow is getting closer!! #Buffalo #Snow #BuffaloSnow @weathernetwork @NBCNews

General Chit Chat  - Page 7 B2vUuuuIIAAmryC

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm a little obsessed with pics from Buffalo. It's just an incredible storm, with round two today before it tapers off on Friday. If anyone wants to see what this city is going through, google Buffalo storm for some pictures that are hard to imagine. A school bus full of a ladies basketball team just got rescued after 30 hours stuck in the storm on the bus. There are front doors that are being smashed open from the weight of the snow. Imagine opening your front door or garage door and seeing nothing but a wall of snow. Sadly 8 deaths due to heart attacks, and traffic related.

Bre ‏@bre_88  2h2 hours ago
Ran across The Realist Post I ever seen on The Book today. #OneBuffalo #Buffalove #Buffalo https://m.facebook.com/benji.cowart/posts/10204423748087529?fref=nf …

General Chit Chat  - Page 7 B25fN7DIIAA7PAg

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Momon001 Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:57 pm

GA happy to know that you are bilingual . The British and french fought 14 times for our little island 238 square miles. We were 7 times British and 7 times french we have a second language called creole; If you ever visit St.Lucia you will hear it being spoken very much.It is a dialect. It is a of mixture of french and English.

Momon001

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Just want to share this from FB.
At a Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Game the singer's microphone cut out while the singing of the USA's National Anthem, so the crowd finished it.  Gives me Goosebumps. This is how close Canada is to our neighbor from the South we can finish their Anthem.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/sports/archives/2014/11/20141120-105529.html

Last edited by Brill on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

General Chit Chat  - Page 7 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3170

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Brill wrote:Just want to share this from FB.
At a Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Game the singer's microphone cut out while the singing of the USA's National Anthem, so the crowd finished it.  Gives me Goosebumps. This is how close Canada is to our neighbor from the South we can finish their Anthem.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11/20/maple-leafs-american-anthem_n_6193658.html?ir=Canada+Alberta

The greater question is, would the folks to the south be able to finish the Canadian anthem?
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 pm

iamreal2u wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11/20/maple-leafs-american-anthem_n_6193658.html?ir=Canada+Alberta

The greater question is, would the folks to the south be able to finish the Canadian anthem?  

I changed the link to the story since this link is only about the story itself. I don't know if they can sing it but it would be interesting to know. I'm sure some would be able to, maybe the ones living close to the border. no idea

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/sports/archives/2014/11/20141120-105529.html

General Chit Chat  - Page 7 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3170

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Ok, this brought tears to my eyes. Was this tonights game? I just got home and the first already started. The Americans played the Canadian anthem during all the games after the Ottawa shooting, but the thing is, they played it when they were playing US teams against US teams. They showed the fans in the stand singing our anthem.

I love hockey!

ETA: a lot of US hockey fans can sing the Canadian anthem because the die hard fans hear it enough. yes

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down