SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat  - Page 76 Empty Re: General Chit Chat

Post by sdmom Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:04 am

I also took a walk this afternoon! But no pets, just myself.
I am so blessed to live in San Diego where the weather, even in the winter, mostly sunny and in 60s/50s, 15-20C .

General Chit Chat  - Page 76 C0ed7110

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:40 pm

@sdmom look at that blue sky! I'm looking forward to spring and those temps!

Glad you enjoyed a nice walk.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:24 pm

Yup! I’ve read enough bad news about Covid 19. Time to put down my phone and enjoy the sun!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:56 pm

@sdmom I know, it's so depressing.

I love your avi. I don't think I saw that picture.

Mine is a beach picture which gives me something to look forward to.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:34 pm

Tom Hanks and wife tested positive for coronavirus!

A nba player tested positive for coronavirus and NBA suspends all games.

My friend’s kid is at university of Washington and her mom is at a nursing home also in Seattle. I can’t imagine how she feels...

This is getting worse and worse. Everyone please be careful.

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:46 pm

@sdmom I cannot follow my twitter any longer tonight. It's one thing after another.

I picked up some groceries, wore my gloves the whole time. Chose products at the back, lettuce tomatoes fruit, all at the back or underneath at the back. I'm crazy about germs to begin with but this is sending me over the edge! I took one glove off, just to take my bank card out, and put it right back on. I used my own cloth bags, got home washed my hands, put everything away, washed my hands. Made something to eat, washed my hands, it doesn't stop!!

Everyone needs to be careful and conscience of how important this is to make sure all precautions are taken. I'm so glad to read we now are distributing testing kits to homes when requested.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:54 pm

Yes, it is @sdmom.

And, I've got FB friends from a scrapbooking community that are just brushing it off as not being serious at all.  One gal asked for advice about her grandchild and DIL flying to see them (SD to FL). Her DH says they should cancel/rebook later since credits have been offered.  She wants to see them so still wants them to come.  Quite a few of us have said to rebook for later even bringing up the fact that they could end up having to stay longer than planned because of unforeseen quarantines. Can they afford to be away from home/work/school longer than planned. And, one of those telling her to have them not come... IS A DOCTOR (ANESTHESIOLOGIST) AT A CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL!  She even posted the graphic going around about the flattening of the curve and stated some statistics about children possibly being carriers without even knowing it.   Even with her very informative information then there are the ones that say don't cancel, it's no big deal.

:crazed

The article my friend, the anesthesiologist linked to for information: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/10/21171481/coronavirus-us-cases-quarantine-cancellation

Last edited by HavaDrPepper on Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 am

I almost had anxiety attack just reading/watching all the bad news!

However, my husband thinks it’s a good wake up call. Young or old, rich or famous, no one is immune. Cancelling events, conferences, classes, banning travels, hopefully we are heading to the right directions.

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 am

@sdmom I know, me too. It was one depressing tweet after another.

It's amazing to me the ones I read that think it's not an issue and just a fear factor.

IA it is a wake up call and hopefully those that think are immune will have a different view. All they have to read is the updates from the government site.

Re the NBA player. They played the Toronto Raptors on Monday. The next night the Raptors went to a charity event at a bowling alley.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:01 pm

I am not a fan of Amanda Stanton but dang it, the girl does have some common sense at least about this situation.  A poster on reddit shared a screenshot of an IG story from Amanda.

Evidently she was doing IG questions about the virus. Someone commented "Kids are unlikely to be affected by it".  Her response:

I'm aware. But I think people need to stop thinking about how it's gong to affect THEM personally and start thinking more about spreading it and it affecting others.

My kids spend a lot of time with my parents. Plus spreading it to teachers etc.

I just don't think it's safe and I feel like schools should shut down until this all calms down.

@GuardianAngel, sorry I can't link to the actual IG since I don't follow her and with our rules about not linking to other forums, I can't share the actual post and the photo in the post is tied to reddit not imgur.  But this is something that I wanted to share because I am so surprised by it. She is the one person that I would have never thought would have felt this way considering some of her other actions in her life.

I give her props for being so aware!

https://www.instagram.com/stories/amanda_stantonn/?hl=en

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:21 pm

Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to keep kids at home if all schools are shut down, and not everyone can work from home, the hourly workers, the health professionals, the police, etc etc.

This is a very complicated issue, big SIGH

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Yes, it is.

But it is also an issue when children are sick and parents' can't take off work and have no back up child care. I knew people that sent their kids to school sick because they didn't have any PTO time to use then ended up having to leave work because the school called after the kid threw up in the classroom.

So it is a multi-faceted issue that has been around for a long time. This virus is just bringing it front and center since it is affecting millions of people.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat

+63
HavaDrPepper
Astrobach