SELECT CONTENT

The Amazing Race - Season 25 - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Amazing Race - Season 25 - *Spoilers* - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Amazing Race - Season 25 - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:19 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:grace, thanks for posting all these. What an wonderful inspiring young lady. She is simply full of life regardless of the attack.

Phil Keoghan's tweet above says it all. I remember exactly when this happened. I was going through some challenging times, and this made me realize, someone else always has a worse issue to deal with. I followed her story for quite some time, as did many others.

She is truly an inspiration to those who face adversity. She speaks so logical about everything. Her mom saying God took an arm but gave her two more by meeting  her hubby was very emotional. So sweet!

IA, I also love that she also didn't let losing her arm redefine her self worth and considering she was 13 that's pretty remarkable. Around age 13 is a crossroads for girls, even in best case scenaros. I'm not sure if it was her sport, her faith, her upbringing or some combo that allowed that to happen, but she's a great example of a strong girl who focused on more important things than the mirror.  

There's an interview with her and her husband about TAR. The interviewer asked how she got through the detours and challenges of the race and she started to answer the question and then I think caught herself and said, "well you don't really know if I got past it." And then Adam is nodding when the interviewer said, I'm sure you got past it. (starts around .50) I'm hoping that means they won!

I missed it, how long is the dentists free pass good for? That gives them a huge advantage.

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Race - Season 25 - *Spoilers* - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Amazing Race - Season 25 - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by albean99 Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:46 pm

'Amazing Race': Where are they now? 

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20302134_20869974_30246735,00.html

Interesting to see. They even talk about the first winners. We watched the first few seasons then took a break but came back and have been watching for a long time now.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:06 pm

albean99 wrote:'Amazing Race': Where are they now? 

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20302134_20869974_30246735,00.html

Interesting to see. They even talk about the first winners. We watched the first few seasons then took a break but came back and have been watching for a long time now.

That was a great read! It's wonderful to see how a lot of them have contributed to charities and started different foundations.

I might have missed a couple of seasons as well, but for the most part have been watching most of them. I keep hearing advertisments for TAR Canada. I'm looking forward to that one. The second season ended this past summer, and it was even better than the first. I just looked up Wikki to check the dates, and I think they took my comments from here!

New to the eligibity requirements for season 2 were clauses that applicants must possess a valid Canadian passport, and be able to travel not only within Canada but around the world, suggesting that, unlike the first season, the race traveled to destinations outside of Canada, closer to its American counterpart.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_Canada

GuardianAngel
They didn't travel outside Canada for the first season but I remember reading the qualifications states must be able to travel around the world suggesting maybe they would travel outside Canada. That could be there in case they win one of the trips around the world, I don't know, just my guess.

GuardianAngel on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Wow, they are going to China!! No wonder they had to have passports!

As usual, no credit to BBF. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:03 pm

College Sweethearts are gone.

And then there were 5 teams left!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:18 am

The wrestlers have jumped up to be the team I dislike the most and hope go home next. I've given up on the dentists going home anytime soon and they don't bug me as much as the lady wrestler. My favorite team are the surfers. They're nice, smart, athletic and Bethany's amazing with nary a whine.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:40 am

albean99 wrote:The wrestlers have jumped up to be the team I dislike the most and hope go home next. I've given up on the dentists going home anytime soon and they don't bug me as much as the lady wrestler. My favorite team are the surfers. They're nice, smart, athletic and Bethany's amazing with nary a whine.

The wrestlers are turning into the most annoying team. Whine, whine, whine...although, more her than him. I wanted to smack them when they were carrying on about how hard the polishing was. That was one of the easiest tasks ever!!! I had been hoping they were going home tonight, but unfortunately, no such luck.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:52 am

albean99 wrote:The wrestlers have jumped up to be the team I dislike the most and hope go home next. I've given up on the dentists going home anytime soon and they don't bug me as much as the lady wrestler. My favorite team are the surfers. They're nice, smart, athletic and Bethany's amazing with nary a whine.

I absolutely love the positivity and courage of Bethany. She and her husband are a joy to watch. Their love and admiration of each other shines through and win or lose the entire contest they are winning in their lives. Great examples!
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:06 am

Bethany really is amazing. Her sense of balance --a true born athlete. I hope they win, but unless something changes I think it will be team Sparkle(dentists)

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:27 pm

It seems to me team Sparkle have been the forefront right from the start. I'm hoping for a "can't find a cab" or "lost passport" or something that delays them so the surfers can jump into #1. They are such a wonderful couple to watch. There's no drama, just a loving couple working together as a team.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:27 am

Kashathediva wrote:Bethany really is amazing. Her sense of balance --a true born athlete. I hope they win, but unless something changes I think it will be team Sparkle(dentists)

thumbsup I'm hoping that Bethany and her husband win also - what a great inspiration she is to others. I don't want the dentists to win either but they are always right up there in the top echelon at the end of the day's race.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:33 pm

Yay!! Bethany and Adam! hearthumbsup
The wrestlers---big no Nasty woman!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:03 pm

Can't stand the wrestlers either, Kasha, especially her. He was trash talking at the finish yet they couldn't find the guy with the clue for a while. I'm hoping karma bites them in the butt for lying to the candy girls. Btw, it was probably bad of us but we got a good snicker watching the girls get their massage treatments. 

It probably was unfair that the f/f was so close to surfing but am glad Bethany & Adam made it. Too bad it was at the expense of the cyclists as they were my 2nd favorite.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Amazing Race - Season 25 - *Spoilers* - Discussion

+7
tigertiz
albean99
Sprite
SLA44
atem