SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Page 24 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by stuckinsc Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:49 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I think the question was more so about how do we know what Andi does since we don't know her personally. We don't live with her.

Apparently Andi is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. If there were pictures of Andi floating around of her doing charity work or if she posted a picture doing so, people would say she was doing it to protect her "brand" and since there are no pictures of her doing so, it's automatically assumed as fact essentially that she doesn't "get dirty" with charity work when really, who knows?

Just my opinion.

As I stated, I would not make fun of her for that. I appreciate people who do what they say. So yes, if we saw her do it that would be awesome.

Since they don't post about it you are all correct, we neither know if they do or they don't. In this case, I assume the absence of evidence indicates that she does not. Some indicate that is means she does. My only defense is being a scientist. The data is what the data is. So the data I have in front of my eyes is that she does not. If I see data that she does, I will happily say great job Andi and admit I was wrong.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by aviej Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:00 pm

Laudergirl wrote:Thanks Kasha for the time display tips!

Here are my thoughts on the charitable work discussion.  I agree that we can't possibly know what Andi or Josh do for charity outside the higher profile stuff. They aren't going to make an announcement every time they make a donation or lend a helping hand. But the fact that Josh was raised by a family that seems to have done a lot of good things for their community, I would bet that that is something he still holds dear to his heart and will continue to do. He states he loves to help people. I believe that, and I believe Andi will be drawn in to that as well. There are many ways to be a charitable person, and it's not always getting your hands "dirty".

As far as the high profile charity events they attend, I'm sure some think it's just about the glitz and glamour. And for some that may be the case. But for many, they use their high profile or celebrity status to advertise these events to draw a larger crowd or participation therefore raising more funds for the cause, which should be the ultimate goal, should it not? It's a win-win situation in my eyes. If I were in their shoes and could help a charity raise more money by being in attendance at a fun event, I would absolutely do it. Andi and Josh are lucky they are being given these opportunities to help in that way. This is all just my opinion of course.

I would like to respond to the bolded. Laudergirl is right, there are more ways to be charitable. I think charity has become such a production now that if it's not in your face, it goes unnoticed. What about showing kindness to a neighbor, watching the dog while they are away, assisting a blind person cross the road, giving money to the poor as you meet them on the street. There are many simple things persons can do to be charitable. While I agree that celebrity figures have an obligation to openly show support for charitable organizations, many times their charitable deeds are not produced, televised or captured in video or pictures.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:02 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:I think the question was more so about how do we know what Andi does since we don't know her personally. We don't live with her.

Apparently Andi is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. If there were pictures of Andi floating around of her doing charity work or if she posted a picture doing so, people would say she was doing it to protect her "brand" and since there are no pictures of her doing so, it's automatically assumed as fact essentially that she doesn't "get dirty" with charity work when really, who knows?

Just my opinion.

As I stated, I would not make fun of her for that.  I appreciate people who do what they say.  So yes, if we saw her do it that would be awesome.  

Since they don't post about it you are all correct, we neither know if they do or they don't.  In this case, I assume the absence of evidence indicates that she does not.  Some indicate that is means she does.  My only defense is being a scientist.  The data is what the data is.  So the data I have in front of my eyes is that she does not.  If I see data that she does, I will happily say great job Andi and admit I was wrong.  

Since I was told not to post anything as fact and it seemed like some posts previously were stating as fact that Andi and Josh don't get "dirty" with charity work, I just wanted to point out that since we don't know them, we're not sure what they do 24 hours a day. Like I said, if she posted pictures or someone else did, she would be marketing their "brand" to some people and because she doesn't post anything, it's automatically assumed they don't do it. Lose-lose for them. I certainly don't take pictures of myself donating to the Boston Greater Food Bank or when I volunteer with special needs children through my church.

I respect your opinion, of course. yes

Andi and Josh will be attending a great charity event on Sunday and Monday for a non-profit organization.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:16 pm

Laudergirl wrote:Thanks Kasha for the time display tips!

Here are my thoughts on the charitable work discussion.  I agree that we can't possibly know what Andi or Josh do for charity outside the higher profile stuff. They aren't going to make an announcement every time they make a donation or lend a helping hand. But the fact that Josh was raised by a family that seems to have done a lot of good things for their community, I would bet that that is something he still holds dear to his heart and will continue to do. He states he loves to help people. I believe that, and I believe Andi will be drawn in to that as well. There are many ways to be a charitable person, and it's not always getting your hands "dirty".

As far as the high profile charity events they attend, I'm sure some think it's just about the glitz and glamour. And for some that may be the case. But for many, they use their high profile or celebrity status to advertise these events to draw a larger crowd or participation therefore raising more funds for the cause, which should be the ultimate goal, should it not? It's a win-win situation in my eyes. If I were in their shoes and could help a charity raise more money by being in attendance at a fun event, I would absolutely do it. Andi and Josh are lucky they are being given these opportunities to help in that way. This is all just my opinion of course.

Very WELL said! :yes:

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:24 pm

YES, Ash who's to say that Andi or Josh don't donate to Goodwill or the Salvation Army those are things that you will never see, if they did post a picture of them donating gosh I can just see the post now, that's the point of my entire post Andi/Josh can't win..... They are promoting charities but they need to do it differently....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:14 pm

Discussion is interesting and the point of this forum, but I like to believe the best of someone and look at the positives first.  I will believe that Andi and Josh are doing things for others that we do not see. They both signed up to do this show and now have to fulfill their obligations.  That makes them responsible people that keep their commitments.  Many of these events they may be required to attend.  Some of them are for causes they support. We do not even know them or know what their committments to TPTB are.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:32 pm

What exactly is couple brand?

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 24 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:36 pm

bleuberry wrote:What exactly is couple brand?

They as a couple are marketable. So presenting themselves together and being out together is making the "brand". They do most of their activities together and it is team Murray to me they are presenting themselves as a united front and it is kind of their brand. I don't see much from them that is just Andi's interest or Josh's interest, everything seems to be them together.

Reminds me of Trista and Ryan. They were very marketable as the couple.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:38 pm

I will like the answer to that question as well blue!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Every couple who becomes a viable couple on any reality show has a brand and they are marketed together, just like Jeff and Jordan from BB or Rachel and Brendon from BB or any of the other couples from the bachelor franchise......

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:08 pm

oh, can you be specific, like what would say is Jeff and Jordan's brand? Andi and Josh's brand?

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:21 pm

lexforlife wrote:oh, can you be specific, like what would say is Jeff and Jordan's brand? Andi and Josh's brand?

Jeff and Jordan are not anything like Josh and Andi . They did not have to market themselves nor does Jordan have anything to do with being in the spot light. They dated for several years and fell in love over time. Now they are engaged and you do not see or hear them promoting themselves they just live a normal life.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

+63
Longhornfan
livlafluv1
MiniDiva
sara11
tigertiz