SELECT CONTENT

Nikki Ferrell & Tyler VanLoo - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nikki Ferrell & Tyler VanLoo - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Nikki Ferrell & Tyler VanLoo - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:10 pm

Sometimes, I think you are my alter ego, Mia. Since we only allow each member one username per our site rulez, I realize this can not be so.
Or is it? :uptonogood
BTW--fan threads were started here as an afterthought. The discussion threads were here first. :babies:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Nikki Ferrell & Tyler VanLoo - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Nikki Ferrell & Tyler VanLoo - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by eirekay Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:14 pm

soccerm3m wrote:There is an outside statue (not sure how else to describe) that looks like that LOVE painting in museum.  I have seen IG pictures of it.

In Philly! http://www.visitphilly.com/music-art/philadelphia/love-statue/
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:25 pm

Kashathediva wrote:If you have to think about whether a post is negative or positive in content, then it belongs in a discussion thread. Hugesmile

^^^This is why I typically stay out of fan threads. I don't like to think when I'm posting.     cantstopl
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerm3m Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:58 pm

eirekay wrote:
soccerm3m wrote:There is an outside statue (not sure how else to describe) that looks like that LOVE painting in museum.  I have seen IG pictures of it.

I knew I saw it in pictures. Funny thing...my DH is from the Philly suburbs and I have never seen that Love sculpture. We do not live there but have made many trips back there to visit.

soccerm3m

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:02 pm

soccerm3m wrote:
eirekay wrote:

I knew I saw it in pictures.  Funny thing...my DH is from the Philly suburbs and I have never seen that Love sculpture.  We do not live there but have made many trips back there to visit.

It's downtown by the Museum of Art - there's a beautiful (and very large) fountain close by that kids literally swim in during the summer!
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerm3m Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:17 pm

eirekay wrote:
soccerm3m wrote:
eirekay wrote:

I knew I saw it in pictures.  Funny thing...my DH is from the Philly suburbs and I have never seen that Love sculpture.  We do not live there but have made many trips back there to visit.

It's downtown by the Museum of Art - there's a beautiful (and very large) fountain close by that kids literally swim in during the summer!

Does the art museum have all those steps that Rocky ran up or down in one of the movies? Never been there. We have made many trips to downtown, Franklin Institutescience center and to the Choldren's museum.

soccerm3m

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:23 pm

soccerm3m wrote:
eirekay wrote:
soccerm3m wrote:

Does the art museum have all those steps that Rocky ran up or down in one of the movies?  Never been there.  We have made many trips to downtown, Franklin Institutescience center and to the Choldren's museum.

Yep! That's the one!
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:27 am

I saw the sculpture there as well.  It is a really neat piece.

Oh and Mia, you are correct. Model more Nikki and talk less! cantstopl
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:34 pm

eirekay wrote:
soccerm3m wrote:
eirekay wrote:

Does the art museum have all those steps that Rocky ran up or down in one of the movies?  Never been there.  We have made many trips to downtown, Franklin Institutescience center and to the Choldren's museum.

Yep!  That's the one!  

Nikki Ferrell & Tyler VanLoo - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 9k=

I'm definitely aging myself here....(8 cents to mail a letter :yes: )....but back in my grammar school pen-pal hay-day, I used to mail my 6 different pen-pals epic-long letters with this bad boy. (My wordiness absolutely predates this forum by decades.) I don't necessarily like the t-shirt, or Nikki, or Andi, but the fact that this image and this discussion has made me pause and reflect on a simple joy from my childhood makes me smile.

When I think about that stamp, I can still remember the great anticipation that used to build up inside of me as I walked home from school, hoping that the mailman had placed a letter in my mailbox from one of my many pen-pals. These were girls whom I'd never met. While I lived in New England, they were from far away places like Illinois, North Carolina, California, and Wisconsin. The closest I ever came to seeing any of them was when we exchanged wallet-sized school photos of ourselves. I proudly displayed those photos by tucking them into my bedroom mirror's frame. They were like steamer trunk stickers to places I'd only been to in my mind. But while I would never get the chance to meet these girls face to face, I certainly felt (in an adolescent sort of way, of course) that I knew these girls. I knew tidbits about their families, their pets, their hobbies, and what boys they were crushing on at school. I shared my story with these girls and in return they did the same, on sheets and sheets of girly writing paper stuffed into matching envelops, bulging, reinforced with scotch tape, often weighted to require two of these LOVE stamps. Twice the Love.

I have been struck by the irony here. We have all heard the saying: "The more things change, the more they stay the same." Well, darn-it, it's true. The internet is a far cry from snail mail and it certainly costs more than 8 cents to send a letter across this country today, but my posting on this forum is really no different from my pen-pal hay-day. It really is the same. And that realization (while it may seem obvious to others) has truly surprised me. It proves to me that at my core, at my innermost workings, those very things that make me tick have remained the same over decades of life and experiences.

So, maybe that t-shirt has a redeeming quality, after all. (Still way over priced, IMO.) But, maybe if it can spark a memory in me and transport me back to a simpler time and simpler joys, it can do the same for others. And that is a nice thought (to me).

Signing off now...wordy as usual, bulging, with twice the Love...

Your friend always,
Mia
P.S. Write back soon!
P.P.S. Happy holidays!
P.P.P.S. Looking forward to snarking with you in the New Year!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:33 am

chinita wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I have no problem with simple. I love understated. It's just not her idea! LOL cantstopl To act like you have designed something that NYC has been using for god only knows...I got a bridge to sell ya.

Believe it or not Kashathediva when I saw the T-shirt, I thought Andi was promoting a T-shirt from JFK airport laugh out loud  That logo is from JFK's airport in NY not from Andi's design Rolling Eyes

Funny when I saw that photo I immediately thought of LOVE Park in Philadelphia.  They have a similar logo, except with the fruit for an "o".

ETA: Oops I see I'm behind and someone else posted the Love Park picture. I sometimes go there at lunch, however, skateboarders have overrun it lately.
:cutesmile!:

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Nikki Ferrell & Tyler VanLoo - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3835

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Nikki Ferrell & Tyler VanLoo - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 Screen10

Glad Nikki is having fun

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Nikki looks great! Ooooh....a bit too much skin on Ms. Tenley.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nikki Ferrell & Tyler VanLoo - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

+60
happygolucky
Ash2214
sdmom
Aria
sosleepy