SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  Empty Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Continue here.

stuckinsc wrote:
tigertiz wrote:It wasnt just meeting Rick Perry at the State Fair.

But Perry was hardly the first Republican 2016 hopeful to meet Soules, who has been ubiquitous at the State Fair and around Des Moines in recent days. Earlier this month, Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio met the reality television star at the annual party hosted by Iowa GOP bigwig Bruce Rastetter. “Rubio Gains Notice, But ‘Batchelorette‘ Hunk Steals Show,” blared the Des Moines Register in a headline on Sunday.
http://time.com/3107601/bachelor-bachelorette-chris-soules-iowa-2016/
Apparently that Rastetter party is quite a big deal in Iowa. Chris was rubbing shoulders with all the Iowa bigwigs, in addition to presidential wanna be candidates.  This led some of us to wonder about future aspirations.   He didnt need the money . He  clearly would have no problem dating lots of beautiful women in Cedar Rapids or Des Moines, after his appearance in The Bachelorette.  (All the rejects on this show have women throwing themselves at them afterwards).  He has no wine to sell or company to promote (Firestone, Flajnik, Womack).  There has to be Some Reason that he wanted to be the Bachelor. I think he wants a high profile for a reason. Aspirations of a  political future?  Being on the show sure didnt hurt Sean's reputation.  It could work.

Apparently, he met with every obnoxious Republican politician I can't stand.  There are some really good Republican party politicians.  He met with the idiots and tea party extremists.  As a scientist, I HATE Ted Cruz, he could fall of the face of the earth and I would celebrate.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:25 pm; edited 6 times in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Maybe Chris' political views swing Republican and he had an opportunity to meet with some politicians he admires or respects....maybe not. Maybe he was just being polite and saying hello, who knows. I just really wish politics would stay out of the conversation, because all it's going to do is upset people like I am right now... I like Ted Cruz, which apparently then makes me an idiot, tea party extremist, oh well, so be it.

Back to top Go down

inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Max64 wrote:Maybe Chris' political views swing Republican and he had an opportunity to meet with some politicians he admires or respects....maybe not.  Maybe he was just being polite and saying hello, who knows.  I just really wish politics would stay out of the conversation, because all it's going to do is upset people like I am right now... I like Ted Cruz, which apparently then makes me an idiot, tea party extremist, oh well, so be it.

Sorry Max64. He is very anti-science. That makes him an idiot in this scientists opinion. Great thing that we are each allowed our own opinions.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:42 pm

seeing politicians is really no big deal at the Fair... they're every 20 feet. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they approached Chris - their handlers would be smart to arrange this as it would guarantee more pictures.
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:28 pm

lurker11 wrote:seeing politicians is really no big deal at the Fair... they're every 20 feet. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they approached Chris - their handlers would be smart to arrange this as it would guarantee more pictures.

This would make the most sense to me. Chris is after all a businessman....that business just happens to be farming...and policies are made by politicians...whether you like them or not. I don't know about any of these guys since I live in Canada, but to think that Chris would go on the Bachelor to increases his visibility for his future political career...just doesn't make sense to me. If anything, it would make me think he is an idiot...but then that applies to anyone who signs up for this show.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:36 pm

I don't see being TB would help with a political career either, Sprite. 

I live in Texas and both Ted Cruz & Rick Perry embarass me. I will admit to this knocking Chris down a peg or two in my eyes.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:38 pm

Farms the size of the Soules is big business. That alone is political in the good ole USA.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Kasha that is true, but if I know anything about Iowa politics, which I believe I do.... being on this show is the silliest choice a potential Iowa politician has ever made
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:54 pm

I agree. I don't care for either--the show or politics.
However, politics make strange bedfellows.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:22 am

Refresh my memory, just so I can keep track. Chris is on the show to get into politics. Andi wanted to replace Barbara Walters on THE VIEW. Juan wanted to get into sportscasting US-side. Desiree needed attention for her bridal designs and the team of her own Chris and Zack needed another book to publish. Sean was promoting his family's religious educational platforms, namely "Just Say No To Pre-marital Sex" (which is why we were blessed with Consummation Station on his wedding show as if it was the biggest event since the last Super Bowl). Emily wanted to be on Dancing With The Stars and was furious Sean was chosen instead... but we all enjoyed her Persian kitty youtube videos. (Her F1 Jefie also certainly didn't suffer post-show.) Benny Boy needed to promote The Grape and show off his bare behind (and prove to the public that he wasn't dating Constantine as RS often joked). Ashley was running out of tuition money for dental school. Brad also had a business, but mostly this constantly-dodging-the-bullet bachelor purposely chose Emily because he knew she wanted the next lead instead of him. In this way, "All of America" would redeem him for his previous season by seeing HIM get dumped by HER. Ali succeeded in the media world post-show where Juan Pablo failed. Jake P told a Texas radio station, at the time Jillian's season ended, that he was a better candidate than Reid because he would "restore decency" to the show (just as he "rescued" Jillie from Evil Wes Hayden). This is why the pilot in sparkling-clean white chose Vienna and would later become a Chippendale. Jillie Bean just wanted another bar hopper companion, so I guess she was one with "the right reasons" (i.e. this is what you are SUPPOSED to seek on this show). Jason wanted... *gasp*... a wife. That is why Fleiss wouldn't allow him to put on a show the "old fashion" way. Instead he was encouraged to pick the wrong lady momentarily so that they could smash ratings. Deanna was on the show simply to "reverse" the damage that Brad Season 1 had caused. "London Calling" Matt needed his teeth straightened.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:50 am

JBF wrote:Refresh my memory, just so I can keep track. Chris is on the show to get into politics. Andi wanted to replace Barbara Walters on THE VIEW. Juan wanted to get into sportscasting US-side. Desiree needed attention for her bridal designs and the team of her own Chris and Zack needed another book to publish. Sean was promoting his family's religious educational platforms, namely "Just Say No To Pre-marital Sex" (which is why we were blessed with Consummation Station on his wedding show as if it was the biggest event since the last Super Bowl). Emily wanted to be on Dancing With The Stars and was furious Sean was chosen instead... but we all enjoyed her Persian kitty youtube videos. (Her F1 Jefie also certainly didn't suffer post-show.) Benny Boy needed to promote The Grape and show off his bare behind (and prove to the public that he wasn't dating Constantine as RS often joked). Ashley was running out of tuition money for dental school. Brad also had a business, but mostly this constantly-dodging-the-bullet bachelor purposely chose Emily because he knew she wanted the next lead instead of him. In this way, "All of America" would redeem him for his previous season by seeing HIM get dumped by HER. Ali succeeded in the media world post-show where Juan Pablo failed. Jake P told a Texas radio station, at the time Jillian's season ended, that he was a better candidate than Reid because he would "restore decency" to the show (just as he "rescued" Jillie from Evil Wes Hayden). This is why the pilot in sparkling-clean white chose Vienna and would later become a Chippendale. Jillie Bean just wanted another bar hopper companion, so I guess she was one with "the right reasons" (i.e. this is what you are SUPPOSED to seek on this show). Jason wanted... *gasp*... a wife. That is why Fleiss wouldn't allow him to put on a show the "old fashion" way. Instead he was encouraged to pick the wrong lady momentarily so that they could smash ratings. Deanna was on the show simply to "reverse" the damage that Brad Season 1 had caused. "London Calling" Matt needed his teeth straightened.

clapping! clapping! clapping! clapping! clapping! clapping! clapping!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:03 am

^^ Ditto on the clapping - great post JBF. Puts the argument of someone being on the show for ullterior motives into perfect perspective - everyone is on the show to get on tv, have some fun and for whatever other reason it might help them out in life. The biggest incentive being maybe win or become next lead and quit your regular boring job to live off appearances, blog posts and weird endorsements for as long as possible.

If a genuine relationship happens I think it's an extra most people weren't really counting on and a bit of a shock. Once in a while lightning strikes. Darn show keeps me watching for the crazy when it doesn't and the chance that it might.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

+114
Cameron2
mysthelma
bluwavz
northernviewer
mizzoufan