SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:45 am

JBF wrote:Refresh my memory, just so I can keep track. Chris is on the show to get into politics. Andi wanted to replace Barbara Walters on THE VIEW. Juan wanted to get into sportscasting US-side. Desiree needed attention for her bridal designs and the team of her own Chris and Zack needed another book to publish. Sean was promoting his family's religious educational platforms, namely "Just Say No To Pre-marital Sex" (which is why we were blessed with Consummation Station on his wedding show as if it was the biggest event since the last Super Bowl). Emily wanted to be on Dancing With The Stars and was furious Sean was chosen instead... but we all enjoyed her Persian kitty youtube videos. (Her F1 Jefie also certainly didn't suffer post-show.) Benny Boy needed to promote The Grape and show off his bare behind (and prove to the public that he wasn't dating Constantine as RS often joked). Ashley was running out of tuition money for dental school. Brad also had a business, but mostly this constantly-dodging-the-bullet bachelor purposely chose Emily because he knew she wanted the next lead instead of him. In this way, "All of America" would redeem him for his previous season by seeing HIM get dumped by HER. Ali succeeded in the media world post-show where Juan Pablo failed. Jake P told a Texas radio station, at the time Jillian's season ended, that he was a better candidate than Reid because he would "restore decency" to the show (just as he "rescued" Jillie from Evil Wes Hayden). This is why the pilot in sparkling-clean white chose Vienna and would later become a Chippendale. Jillie Bean just wanted another bar hopper companion, so I guess she was one with "the right reasons" (i.e. this is what you are SUPPOSED to seek on this show). Jason wanted... *gasp*... a wife. That is why Fleiss wouldn't allow him to put on a show the "old fashion" way. Instead he was encouraged to pick the wrong lady momentarily so that they could smash ratings. Deanna was on the show simply to "reverse" the damage that Brad Season 1 had caused. "London Calling" Matt needed his teeth straightened.

Hit the nail right on the head!!!!

Back to top Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:50 am

relaxing wrote:^^ Ditto on the clapping - great post JBF.  Puts the argument of someone being on the show for ullterior motives into perfect perspective - everyone is on the show to get on tv, have some fun and for whatever other reason it might help them out in life.  The biggest incentive being maybe win or become next lead and quit your regular boring job to live off appearances, blog posts and weird endorsements for as long as possible.

If a genuine relationship happens I think it's an extra most people weren't really counting on and a bit of a shock.  Once in a while lightning strikes.  Darn show keeps me watching for the crazy when it doesn't and the chance that it might.

Amen!! All truth!! That's why I dont understand why these fans get all pissy and angry when people are "obviously not there for the lead" and blah blah blah. It's like, no kidding! No one goes on reality TV for any ole reason! There's always a reason!!! And love is on the bottom of the list! Stop being so naiive folks. The people that go on this show may be fame hungry idiots, but we're probably even more stupid for waching this trash, knowing full well love isnt the actual point of the show AND feeding into the fame hungry ways of everyone who comes on the show. Dont complain about something you feed into. Just sayin'.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:53 am

JBF wrote:Refresh my memory, just so I can keep track. Chris is on the show to get into politics. Andi wanted to replace Barbara Walters on THE VIEW. Juan wanted to get into sportscasting US-side. Desiree needed attention for her bridal designs and the team of her own Chris and Zack needed another book to publish. Sean was promoting his family's religious educational platforms, namely "Just Say No To Pre-marital Sex" (which is why we were blessed with Consummation Station on his wedding show as if it was the biggest event since the last Super Bowl). Emily wanted to be on Dancing With The Stars and was furious Sean was chosen instead... but we all enjoyed her Persian kitty youtube videos. (Her F1 Jefie also certainly didn't suffer post-show.) Benny Boy needed to promote The Grape and show off his bare behind (and prove to the public that he wasn't dating Constantine as RS often joked). Ashley was running out of tuition money for dental school. Brad also had a business, but mostly this constantly-dodging-the-bullet bachelor purposely chose Emily because he knew she wanted the next lead instead of him. In this way, "All of America" would redeem him for his previous season by seeing HIM get dumped by HER. Ali succeeded in the media world post-show where Juan Pablo failed. Jake P told a Texas radio station, at the time Jillian's season ended, that he was a better candidate than Reid because he would "restore decency" to the show (just as he "rescued" Jillie from Evil Wes Hayden). This is why the pilot in sparkling-clean white chose Vienna and would later become a Chippendale. Jillie Bean just wanted another bar hopper companion, so I guess she was one with "the right reasons" (i.e. this is what you are SUPPOSED to seek on this show). Jason wanted... *gasp*... a wife. That is why Fleiss wouldn't allow him to put on a show the "old fashion" way. Instead he was encouraged to pick the wrong lady momentarily so that they could smash ratings. Deanna was on the show simply to "reverse" the damage that Brad Season 1 had caused. "London Calling" Matt needed his teeth straightened.

This is one thing I loved about JP of Ash and JP. He said that he went on the show to have fun and luckily found the love of his life. He has never ever claimed he went on because he was in love with Ashley before he knew her. I guess that is what I want. I don't care if you have an ulterior motive, just be honest about it and I can enjoy watching you and respect you more.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:00 pm

stuckinsc wrote:

This is one thing I loved about JP of Ash and JP.  He said that he went on the show to have fun and luckily found the love of his life.  He has never ever claimed he went on because he was in love with Ashley before he knew her.  I guess that is what I want. I don't care if you have an ulterior motive, just be honest about it and I can enjoy watching you and respect you more.

ITA. I've always liked JP and Ash and felt despite all TPTB attempted machinations to the contrary, they were both lucky enough to meet and find love on the show. Then went back to real life, nourished the relationship that started on the show, and continued with their pre show careers.
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:23 pm

It all stretches even further back... LOL! I didn't buy Bob Guiney's rock CD when it was promoted during his season's airing, although I was always curious how sales were. Entertainment Weekly's review wasn't too impressive.

I did buy Diamonds + Hearts... which was published well enough after Des' season ended and enjoyed all of the subtle "hints" Mr. Siegfried dropped that suggested he pretty much knew he was F1 by Madeira (with or without Brooks in the picture). So I feel I got my money's worth there.

Anybody remember when Trista and Ryan met President Bush? I think quite a few leads have swung a bit towards the right, although they may have still voted Democrat.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:44 pm

I don't know if anyone else noticed but on social media all the girls seem to be super close. They're always posting behind the scene photos of each other and always commenting on eachothers photos kind and loving comments. It's really cute to see long term friendships come out of this weird journey.

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:43 pm

ThankMeLater wrote:I don't know if anyone else noticed but on social media all the girls seem to be super close. They're always posting behind the scene photos of each other and always commenting on eachothers photos kind and loving comments. It's really cute to see long term friendships come out of this weird journey.

Thanks for that info! I didn't know that. Similar to Bach Canada contestants, it makes a difference. I'd much rather see that then the cliques that are sometimes formed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 pm

What's Whitney's IG? I see that she has a private one that goes under the name of WhitneyBish, and it's been leaving comments under some of the girls photos. Is that her or perhaps a troll account?

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 pm

eversotrue wrote:What's Whitney's IG? I see that she has a private one that goes under the name of WhitneyBish, and it's been leaving comments under some of the girls photos. Is that her or perhaps a troll account?

This is her IG. whitb624

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:27 pm

eversotrue wrote:What's Whitney's IG? I see that she has a private one that goes under the name of WhitneyBish, and it's been leaving comments under some of the girls photos. Is that her or perhaps a troll account?

whitb624

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:41 pm

There is an Ag Top Producer Seminar in Chicago going on right now. So if someone sees him in Chicago he may or may not be visiting Whitney.

The reason I found this is I somehow found my way to a group of farmers who were giving him flack over his farming abilities and they were pretty funny. One thing my husband and I both noticed was the giant no-no of being in the grain bin shoveling grain. Generally not a good idea but it looked pretty impressive, showing off his Cody enhanced muscles.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:52 pm

mtnlvr55 wrote:There is an Ag Top Producer Seminar in Chicago going on right now. So if someone sees him in Chicago he may or may not be visiting Whitney.

The reason I found this is I somehow found my way to a group of farmers who were giving him flack over his farming abilities and they were pretty funny. One thing my husband and I both noticed was the giant no-no of being in the grain bin shoveling grain. Generally not a good idea but it looked pretty impressive, showing off his Cody enhanced muscles.
giggling  My relatives by marriage and friends that have farms don't buy Chris's TB position or motives at all, not if he really wants to continue farming and living there. But, I mentioned somewhere else, I really don't know what type of farming he does hands-on if he has employees to do the work themselves (which based on the land-size of his farm I would think so!). I know of people who have smaller farms than Chris and their employees work the combines and harvest. The owners just make sure they do the job properly. Some like to get hands on but most of them are doing other things (sitting on city council, meeting with other farmers talking land/ag issues/ideas, instructing 4H or other programs, etc). Having animal and not ag farms is another story completely so I am only comparing ag to ag (since Chris is one) and it is not like one has to make sure the 100s/1000s of cows get milked, etc. I know people who own lots of ag farming land and farm a small portion of it themselves and then rent out the rest of the land to other farmers/companies and make a ton of $ doing this (especially if their land was inherited or bought for cheap).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

+114
Cameron2
mysthelma
bluwavz
northernviewer
mizzoufan