SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by jlccaz Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:27 pm

To me, the cliffhanger is a new initiative intended to prop up or sustain ratings between the Premiere and the Finale over the 10-11 episode run of the show. "Tune in next week to see who goes home..."

I don't think that will change the format of the finale/ATFR --- that's where the ratings peak and end.

The business of TV (selling ads at higher rates due to valuable audience demographic) explains most of what we see in my experience. The simplest truth is that. They have let go of the need for absolute surprise as to who gets picked, whether there's a proposal as a ratings driver, in part born of necessity. (Impossible with crowdsourcing, social media, etc to protect that information)

They have loosened the rules on many things including when to air the rose ceremony, and most appealingly for entertainment value, freely embraced PARODY as reflecting a significant subset of the viewing demographic (not merely fairy tale/soap opera). The show laughs at itself along with the late night hosts, etc. It is very appealing to mock the girls and the format, let's face it. That Badlands 2 on 1 was perfect example of that. And letting Kimmel behind the curtain. Also, dropping the wall ... Letting viewers feel like they are a part of production ... sneak peaks of Elan in some shots, the scenes filmed about Eric's death at Chris Harrison's house. The audience is in on the secret -- this is 'just' a TV show where a post show couple may emerge or not.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by notarose Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:34 pm

jlccaz wrote:To me, the cliffhanger is a new initiative intended to prop up or sustain ratings between the Premiere and the Finale over the 10-11 episode run of the show.  "Tune in next week to see who goes home..."  

I don't think that will change the format of the finale/ATFR --- that's where the ratings peak and end.

The business of TV (selling ads at higher rates due to valuable audience demographic) explains most of what we see in my experience.  The simplest truth is that.  They have let go of the need for absolute surprise as to who gets picked, whether there's a proposal as a ratings driver, in part born of necessity.  (Impossible with crowdsourcing, social media, etc to protect that information)

They have loosened the rules on many things including when to air the rose ceremony, and most appealingly for entertainment value, freely embraced PARODY as reflecting a significant subset of the viewing demographic (not merely fairy tale/soap opera).  The show laughs at itself along with the late night hosts, etc.  It is very appealing to mock the girls and the format, let's face it.  That Badlands 2 on 1 was perfect example of that.  And letting Kimmel behind the curtain. Also, dropping the wall ... Letting viewers feel like they are a part of production ... sneak peaks of Elan in some shots, the scenes filmed about Eric's death at Chris Harrison's house.  The audience is in on the secret -- this is 'just' a TV show where a post show couple may emerge or not.  

yes cliffhanger.  I'm still waiting for a rock climbing date to bring the parody full circle  cantstopl

:yes:  I agree that this season has included elements that bring a more "interactive" aspect to viewing.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Roosevelt Hotel LA

AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 2mmd0go
Post fantasy suite #afterthefinalrose #thebachelor #LA

@norarochman

AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

So, Chris is still in LA.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Mommyof1 wrote:So, Chris is still in LA.  
And Becca is there too.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:31 pm

I still think Chris is in LA because he is on DWTS. It was around this time that Sean moved out to LA to rehearse.

AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 87b72b10 AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 86669110 AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:37 pm

umngirl wrote:I still think Chris is in LA because he is on DWTS. It was around this time that Sean moved out to LA to rehearse.

Definitely down time season on the farm - except for his small herd.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:39 pm

^^ I thought he wasn't interested in DWTS?
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:41 pm

^He actually said he would do the show. I can't post the link at the moment, but he definitely said he would do it.

AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 87b72b10 AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 86669110 AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:56 pm

notarose wrote:Adding to the discussion.

"be honest with me and I'll be honest with you".  
I found this a tad foreboding.  It suggests to me that Chris the scorpion can be stealth.  We have already had the examples of Ashley I and Carly sacrificing themselves - pawns in the game of love.  Maybe he enjoys a "checkmate"or two on the path to a "soulmate".  Or is that "Soules mate"? Back to the quote - when he was talking with Kelsey on the bed, he told her about Ashley leaving in a way that led her to believe that she, brilliant Kelsey, would be continuing.  Then he dropped the axe.  She wasn't honest with him so game on in his mind. I think there are other examples of him metting justice. An interesting personality trait. Very subtle. 

Some references to previous seasons:
Becca - theme park like Ashley H on Brad's season.  Ashley's date was intended to show trust - follow Brad in the dark to the past then move forward.  Perhaps Chris shares Becca's "intimacy" issue.  He was awkward with Carly (yes, it was an awkward activity for a first date) however he called the guru a sex guru whereby I disagree.  He, himself, may not grasp the distinction between physicality and intimacy. So many examples of kissing whoever whenever wherever but hard pressed to find examples of tenderness. 
Amusingly, the sterile environment of insemination and the "materials" (plus Jade reveal) add to the hypothesis.

*snip to some juicy bits*

Jade - he enjoyed her "presentation" far too much giggling.  In a fairly recent local interview (it was mostly about farming) he was asked about Jade to which he responded "Jade who?" Kaitlyn's deleted scene with Jimmy about "size" ended with "Chris who?"
Does Jade represent some of the ongoing themes this season: second chances, stereotypes, and first impressions aren't always reliable?

*chuckle chuckle*... I have an alternative "take".

Remember the ol' "pregnant with possibilities" promo?

In shots with Andi, "he was a gentleman from their first kiss to their final farewell."

Yeah... but so was Marcus. Not that Marcus was as successful staying a "gentleman" as Chris. By hometown date, he was stripping down to his tighty whities under the disco ball. The moment he hit dry land on Bachelor In Paradise and Lacy gave him the come hither look, we really didn't see much of him... or her... on screen any more. When they got a solo date, half of the footage on screen consisted of cuddly monkeys, deer, bats, birds and turtles... as if a lot of "padding" was needed to make their date more suitable for family hour.

In this cute video, Harrison asks him if he's ready and Kaitlyn pops out with a "hello hello". After a quickie shot of him grinning at back-shown Kaitlyn, we get a succession of "whoos" and Harrison has to smack him.

Even though he may work with many "conservatives" in his business, I don't think Chris has any trouble with... um... intimacy.

The Iowa Boy is a touchie feelie guy seeking a woman who will rock his world... but do so behind closed doors. He wants a wild mustang who will stay close to the farm rather than gallop about online for Hugh Hefner's company. Firecracker Kaitlyn sticking to rap lyrics is more preferable to him.

When Carly came back from her date, she discussed all of the juicy details of the "sex guru" to Britt, Becca, Whitney and Jade. Only Jade was not embarrassed. While Becca's constant jaw drops are not surprising since we understand she is "new to the experience", the way Whitney hid her face over Carly's discussion of "pleasuring every part of his body" was a surprise to me, considering her occupation. Granted, she didn't act nearly as "shocked" as Britt, who... of course... avoids showering and was fully clothed during her post-balloon "nap" with him.

Many think Chris and Kaitlyn are strictly "friend zone", but the same was thought of Des and Prince Siegfried throughout her season. Siegfried even joked about being "in the friend zone" in Atlantic City. However, when I watched Des in Antigua pull up her short-shorts over her panties while mentioning the "little things" her Chris does that are so special... and, mind you, this is just before she goes on her date with Brooks and gets dumped... I quickly realized these shows never give us The Straight-forward Truth.

I still wonder why Jimmy Kimmel was needed to play chaperone. At least at Costco's, Chris and Kaitlyn couldn't get into any trouble outside their rolling blue bubble.

... and don't get me started on the way she "measures" his thumb and fingers on the zombee date. Ashley H. did that with JP in Fiji as she "fussed" with him about her mean sister... and just before the famous So Long Sarong Moment.

This makes Monday's show all the more interesting. So far, we have no signs... foreshadow lines, "red flags", ominous body language... suggesting Kaitlyn getting dumped... yet.

However, Whitney did hint the possibility of "excusing" herself on hometown amidst all of the talk about how "real" her love is and how eager she is for a proposal.

Also we have had two boomerang gals this season... and it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:02 pm

Since we only have a couple days to learn with 110% kahnfidence whether Kaitlyn is leaving or staying... one more lengthy post to dump here.

There is a rather cute pattern to the date cards in which she was involved in.

Episode 2 - Zombie Date Card read: Til death do us part.

Even though that is a joke on horror movies, it is still a key marriage line.
With Kaitlyn on this date were Becca and Britt. Are they two others he may have thought were "wife material" on Day 1? Then again, Ashley S. was on that date too, but only for comedy relief.

Per her abc.com bio, she is afraid of birds, broken hearts and death. This date gets her over one obstacle at least... and this episode had Juelia and Megan discussing death.

Episode 3 - her solo date had a card written out by Jimmy Kimmel that included such details as "joining an exclusive club with high ceiling and sweeping views and there will be hoers-d'ouves". This also kinda-sorta has a wedding "feel"... and ironically this date was the same week Whitney attended a real one.

After they arrive at the "scenic" Costco's, Chris reads another Jimmy card: "This is the kind of thing real couples do together".

Outtake scene...
Jimmy: Because you can fly around the world up in a helicopter looking over beautiful vistas, but a real relationship is going to Costco's.
Chris: Yes, going to Costco's.
Jimmy: And buying napkins.

Episode 4 - the card is presented after Harrison says "Chris sees his wife in this room" (but no face shots of anybody specific). It reads: Let's do what comes natural

Kaitlyn jokingly brings up "no make-up" and all of the women respond. One fixes another girl's hair, saying it now looks "100% natural". Kelsey says "I feel like a natural person", but then asks "What does he mean by natural?"

Chris himself answers Kelsey's question later this date: "There's definitely a really natural connection between Kaitlyn and I"
(What I am curious aboot is whether or not the "natural connection" extended into the tent at night. Britt was MIGHTY curious when she cornered him at Cocktail Hour.)

Like Kaitlyn... Britt, Becca and Whitney got to romp in the mud... but in wedding dresses instead of the "natural state". As Chris cheekily stated at the start of THIS date: "Putting on these dresses, these girls think they may be walking down the aisle with me, but... um... there's a surprise in store."

Episode 5 - I am rapidly falling in love. Chris.

When Megan reads the card, the "falling in love. Chris" part is read over both Kelsey and Kaitlyn.
That is one gone... and the other still here... at least until Monday's show.
Then Kelsey does all of the talking about having to share her date with others flinging themselves at him.
Kaitlyn, for her part, only discusses the possibility of white water rafting. *chuckle chuckle*

Again... as mentioned above in an earlier post: Chris sings these lyrics on Kaitlyn's hometown date:
"Flying down the rapids / my heart was beating fast / I hope I don't fall out / So I can make this love last." In his blog:

I wanted to take it seriously and write meaningful words, and I think she was really listening to what I had to say.

Episode 6 - Kaitlyn reads this card to the ladies: Let's make sweet music together

For the record (ha ha!), here's Chris song... and, yes, you folks will have to listen to all of this and correct all of my boo-boos:

He starts out, over a shot of Kaitlyn, "I'm extremely nervous, but you know... these girls have a way about them..."
Over Kaitlyn, Whitney and Jade laughing: I'm only out here on the prairie
Over Big & Rich: ...and find a woman to marry
Over Carly first: Been searchin' for my wife my whole damn life, so I embarked on this journey to find my wife... (all the girls are shown here)
Baby come home with me (Carly is shown grinning and says "His song was... horrible" over some of his singing) ... in places of God's country
Kaitlyn is then zoomed in as he continues: in corn rows as far as the eye can see, I'll be waiting...
Chris shown again: ...down on one knee
Then Britt is shown laughing. "Chris is not a singer. It wasn't awesome, but it was very sweet."
Big & Rich respond  "gotcha!" "You've got talent. It just might not be there right now."

Britt then sings: "I could use that sweet, sweet music / playing in my ear whenever you're around / I don't want to be without that sweet music / Dum Dum Dum Dum. Don't let me down. Boom Boom Boom." Chris says that's how he feels when he's around her... whatever THAT means.
What tickles me about Britt is that she clearly got her inspiration from the date card "let's make sweet music together".
... and speaking of date cards, Whitney just had to sing: "Let's have some fun. No wining. That's what our date card said."

Of course, Kaitlyn puts the entire town of Deadwood into a state of shock. Needless-to-say, I can not understand everything she is singing but I pretty much got the point of how she feels about Chris.
"Red P?????ivahmake him touch my *bleep*. I saw his life and it's a life's for me. Sipping sweet tea and a sip of that whiskey. Huh! Huh! Now a sip of that whiskey!"

Now... every female is in a state of shock, but Chris and the guys sport huge grins.
"Chris is in a coooool situation because he has several very distinct personalities to look at. There is not a lot of redundancy in these girls."
As one talks, the other just smiles over "not a lot of redundancy".
Per Chris on his blog "Kaitlyn's rap was incredible."

Episode 7 - here's what I posted earlier...

Group date card: "ICY our future together" can be read as "I see", spelled differently, "our future together" or "I see Why our future together" or "I see YOUR future together". Either way, this is too oddball for me. Speaking of oddball, what in the world was Carly thinking when she said this? "Britt thinks this is the Bachelorette, not The Bachelor, and she's number one."

I think this is "I see WHY our future together". I went back through what she was worried about. "Everyone's met your sisters and people met your parents and I'm playing catch-up." Chris directly looks her in the eye: "You killed it during the first two weeks. You know that?"

Last edited by JBF on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 pm

"bring it on Kaitlyn" cantstopl

She has always been my "dark horse" from the m&g when she was entering the house and Chris said "didn't see that one coming". I'm fine with whoever he picks which makes watching the season more pleasurable than last season. I like Kaitlyn a lot and see her benefitting from being in love with Chris as much as her benefitting from meeting someone special from Bach Nation - or elsewhere-  or as the next Bachelorette.  

The vid preview you posted:
 Same hand kiss saying good bye to Andi as with Kaitlyn during 1-1 time at the zombie date.  He had told her he really wanted a 1-1 date with her. One story ends, another begins. 

Marcus: I saw what you did there AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 7 3806527698

Chris:
He's told us enough times he likes a girl that can get dirty. rofl
Chris deadpan about Kaitlyn's m&g joke - really, he doesn't know what it means but he likes it? A shot of Chris walking through a ploughed field in some preview.  Field of dreams. 
On 2 occasions he has let Kaitlyn know he finds her sexy: sit down during zombie date he used the word sexy twice and then walking to the studio he said she looked good in whatever she was wearing ( not said directly to anyone else).
 And yes, your comment about Kaitlyn's mom's FS getup looking like a firecracker is too funny. 

Kimmel:
- Jimmy said, at the dinner table, "lots of electricity here"
- why did Jimmy take 2 pillows?
- Jimmy made a few references that eluded to Kaitlyn being "one of the boys" and Chris countered them all
- 3-some in the hot tub repeated in an Access Hollywood interview; tub pic in Deadwood,  IG pic of CH and Chris in a tub.  Lots of tub references going on. Who's ketchuping in the tub.  

dark horse: 
-Jade as a wild stallion who is exposed online.  There was even a stallion on the wall in one of her HTD scenes.  -"don't ride a horse, ride a cowboy" - it's not the girl on a horse
-Chris saying that some people he knows are very conservative but if she was the one he would stand by her.  Chris adamantly defends Kaitlyn's tush shot in his blog. Much to do about nothing "over the moon". 
-Every high school guy dreams of his very own "Playmate". English/French - Canada has 2 official languages.
- dark horse is dark ( as in hair color or kept hidden as in we are never shown Kaitlyn entering Chris' tent where he says "what are you doing here then groans" in a preview.  Clearly one of the girls entering a tent is Kaitlyn because you can see the distinct sleeves of her top.  There is an ITM that date were she admits to having had too much to drink so I don't think she is "bimbo". Why show Ashley I but not Kaitlyn?
- Kaitlyn has been off the radar off almost everyone who tweets or blogs.  Can't get any "darker horse" than that. 

Measuring scene cantstopl.  I didn't notice that at all! Also didn't connect the slap. 

Intimacy:
I'm still wondering how that figures in. 

Boomerangs - third time might be a charm but if there is a third, who is she?  To date, Whit does seem most likely after what she said at HTD.

Unknown:
In one of the previews there is a Chris voiceover "I'm sorry".  It sounds quite mournful.  I think the shot was just him sitting.  He head may have been down.

I noticed you just posted something new.  I have to leave for a few minutes.  Will read it when I get back.

Last edited by notarose on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

+114
Cameron2
mysthelma
bluwavz
northernviewer
mizzoufan