SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Fan Forum - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion

Page 71 of 75 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bffs - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Fan Forum - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion  - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Fan Forum - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion

Post by KB_Mom Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Per Whit at time of WTA "Confident women don't hate."  Also true IMO of a confident woman:

* Is realistic that she met her man on a reality TV show where he was expected to develop "relationships" with other women, and as a student of the show, knows this is how the process works;

* Does not get bent out of shape (Hello Emily) because the edit shows his attraction to other women;

* Made a decision, based on what she deemed best, whether to even watch the show (Roberto did not) or only watch parts with her dates with Chris (Des' Chris)

*Knows "looks aren't everything" and certainly not a basis alone for a life time relationship (thinking here of the Britt attraction) ;

* Knows that if post show, as Chris has said, he and F1 were able to nurture, outside the bubble, the relationship that started on the show, and are both happy, who cares if some will always say she was default pick (doubting Des' Chris is losing much sleep these days worrying about that one) ;

* Would have an honest talk with Chris about the whole Bach experience from both their POVs and work through anything she might have seen on heavily edited show that "bothered" her or she had questions about;

* Knows as Cat has said, that Chris wasn't hers until she was the last one standing.

Last edited by KB_Mom on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

bffs - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Fan Forum - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion  - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Fan Forum - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion

Post by Dot R. Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:29 pm

I think Chris may be crying at the emotional exhaustion from all of it...even if Becca doesn't bow out or if she does it sounds like he also realizes he must let her go and choose Whitney.

Dot R.

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:38 pm

KB_Mom wrote:Per Whit at time of WTA "Confident women don't hate."  Also true IMO of a confident woman:

* Is realistic that she met her man on a reality TV show where he was expected to develop "relationships" with other women, and as a student of the show, knows this is how the process works;

* Does not get bent out of shape (Hello Emily) because the edit shows his attraction to other women;

* Made a decision, based on what she deemed best, whether to even watch the show (Roberto did not) or only watch parts with her dates with Chris (Des' Chris)

*Knows "looks aren't everything" and certainly not a basis alone for a life time relationship (thinking here of the Britt attraction) ;

* Knows that if post show, as Chris has said, he and F1 were able to nurture, outside the bubble, the relationship that started on the show, and are both happy, who cares if some will always say she was default pick (doubting Chris' Des is loosing much sleep these days worrying about that one) ;

* Would have an honest talk with Chris about the whole Bach experience from both their POVs and work through anything she might have seen on heavily edited show that "bothered" her or she had questions about;

* Knows as Cat has said, that Chris wasn't hers until she was the last one standing.

bowdown Good Post I agree party time
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron2 Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:19 pm

I have to wonder how many takes there are for some of these scenes. Not only does the show appear to be scripted, this could turn into a great deal of acting.That could be one of the reasons Chris appears to be exhausted.

How much acting goes on in these productions? I am wondering if prior contestants have commented on this.

Cameron2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:27 pm

Cameron2 wrote:I have to wonder how many takes there are for some of these scenes. Not only does the show appear to be scripted, this could turn into a great deal of acting.That could be one of the reasons Chris appears to be exhausted.

How much acting goes on in these productions? I am wondering if prior contestants have commented on this.

JMO but I think after Becca leaves (I don't see her making it to TRC) TPTB will still want to create drama about whether or not Chris will ask Whitney to marry him. I also agree that Chris must be totally exhausted.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Cameron2 wrote:I have to wonder how many takes there are for some of these scenes. Not only does the show appear to be scripted, this could turn into a great deal of acting.That could be one of the reasons Chris appears to be exhausted.

It's well documented. 
They do as many retakes as it takes to get the desired film. They use cue cards. This is a photo from Matt Grant's season with his F2 on his LCD. It shows the cameras and sound tech crammed in the capsule where the date took place. Puts a new spin on intimacy. TPTB will also kind of script a role for certain cast in order to follow a storyline.
bffs - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Fan Forum - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion  - Page 71 2378877406_dbc8245ebf
bffs - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Fan Forum - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion  - Page 71 Snapshot2011-02-1913-52-00

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyala Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:52 pm

When you look at this it feels like a miracle that anyone could fall in love like this, and still we all know that many do!

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Wow ... Kasha ... thanks for sharing ...

I wouldn't give any acting kudo's to Chris but rather give all the story telling kudos to producers and show editors and all those folks in Kasha's pictures. Yikes!!

If you want to hear behind the scenes stuff, I highly recommend the AfterBuzz Bachelor recap hosted by JC Rubio, Danny Hoyt, etc. They have many, many past contestants on the show. Amy Long (Juan Pablo's season) was just on Monday's show, Graham Bunn, Zack Kalter, Sammi from this season ... lots and lots of BachNation contestants make appearances and give inside scoop.  Lauren from JuanPab's season is actually a co host.

And, they all same the same thing ... what viewers see every Monday night is a "magnified" version of the contestant.

Everything that the contestant does or says is exactly what the contestant actually did or say. Where the funny stuff happens is when production uses what CHris might say or do on one date and then edit it so that it shows up elsewhere. That happens ALL the time, according to past contestants.

Production films everything. Producers willcome in and ask contestants, "what do you think is happening on Chris date with Whitney?" or "what do you think of Chris' relationship with Britt," to get contestants talking. If they know a contestant doesn't like another contestant (Carly and Britt), production will do everything possible to capture that on camera. The contestants can chose to say what comes in head or stay neutral. The contestants who happily spill all (fueled by alcohol) are the ones who get airtime. Those contestants like Sammi and Lauren got very little airtime because they did not say or do anything controversial that would further along a story line.  

Producers then take all that footage and piece together all the stories, including CHris' journey to finding Bachelor bubble love.

So IMO that's where you see "the acting" happen ... in the editing room! As Kasha alluded to, those folks follow whatever storyline was created for a particular contestant ... like Jason's edit as the "single dad" or Chris Lambton edit as the guy mourning his mom's death and now Becca's edit as the virgin where producers POUND that into viewers heads by only showing footage that highlight that story. All that footage happened. Becca obviously did say she was a virgin. But did she say it 1,000 times? Probably not.

I also think if someone is labeled the "crazy girl" or the "mean girl" that production will try to capture footage of the person acting mean or crazy and maybe leave on the cutting room floor footage of "mean" girl actually being nice and well-liked (like Michelle Money).  

I actually think that Chris and Whitney's love story is getting a great edit! Whitney is truly coming across as a multi-dimensional person unlike many other contestants. Producers showed us so many sides of her and I also see a really natural progression to Chris and Whitney's relationship. Really solid and realistic conversations too.  thumbsup  Let's hope that all this transitions to real world!!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:14 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:Wow ... Kasha ... thanks for sharing ...

I wouldn't give any acting kudo's to Chris but rather give all the story telling kudos to producers and show editors and all those folks in Kasha's pictures. Yikes!!

If you want to hear behind the scenes stuff, I highly recommend the AfterBuzz Bachelor recap hosted by JC Rubio, Danny Hoyt, etc. They have many, many past contestants on the show. Amy Long (Juan Pablo's season) was just on Monday's show, Graham Bunn, Zack Kalter, Sammi from this season ... lots and lots of BachNation contestants make appearances and give inside scoop.  Lauren from JuanPab's season is actually a co host.

And, they all same the same thing ... what viewers see every Monday night is a "magnified" version of the contestant.

Everything that the contestant does or says is exactly what the contestant actually did or say. Where the funny stuff happens is when production uses what CHris might say or do on one date and then edit it so that it shows up elsewhere. That happens ALL the time, according to past contestants.

Production films everything. Producers willcome in and ask contestants, "what do you think is happening on Chris date with Whitney?" or "what do you think of Chris' relationship with Britt," to get contestants talking. If they know a contestant doesn't like another contestant (Carly and Britt), production will do everything possible to capture that on camera. The contestants can chose to say what comes in head or stay neutral. The contestants who happily spill all (fueled by alcohol) are the ones who get airtime. Those contestants like Sammi and Lauren got very little airtime because they did not say or do anything controversial that would further along a story line.  

Producers then take all that footage and piece together all the stories, including CHris' journey to finding Bachelor bubble love.

So IMO that's where you see "the acting" happen ... in the editing room! As Kasha alluded to, those folks follow whatever storyline was created for a particular contestant ... like Jason's edit as the "single dad" or Chris Lambton edit as the guy mourning his mom's death and now Becca's edit as the virgin where producers POUND that into viewers heads by only showing footage that highlight that story. All that footage happened. Becca obviously did say she was a virgin. But did she say it 1,000 times? Probably not.

I also think if someone is labeled the "crazy girl" or the "mean girl" that production will try to capture footage of the person acting mean or crazy and maybe leave on the cutting room floor footage of "mean" girl actually being nice and well-liked (like Michelle Money).  

I actually think that Chris and Whitney's love story is getting a great edit! Whitney is truly coming across as a multi-dimensional person unlike many other contestants. Producers showed us so many sides of her and I also see a really natural progression to Chris and Whitney's relationship. Really solid and realistic conversations too.  thumbsup  Let's hope that all this transitions to real world!!

MVMom what a great post High clap I just wish they would show more of their love story that I'm sure is on the cutting room floor.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron2 Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Rolly, for my part, we have been able to follow a pretty decent depiction of a romance. My people skills lets me see things that apparently others do not see. On the other hand, there are lots of people more skilled at reading people on this site than me.

In all honesty, I did not see what many saw with Britt. I had listened to what he wanted and tried to follow that thru the whole show. So my stupid logical thinking over rode the emotion I obviously felt along with the rest of you. In fact, I could not read romance into the supposed romance with Becca. It simply was not logical because she had so little romantic life experiences.

Cameron2

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:32 pm

I want FRC pics already
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by tennischick80 Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:48 pm

You know how he picks up the rose and puts it back down again at the FRC in the preview?...well, I was thinking, perhaps he puts it down because he asks production for Whitney's sister's number and calls her that moment- of course it is planned and her sister is in on it and the call is scheduled, so they can record her voice, or even have a production crew in Chicago and show her picking up the phone? Maybe this is why they made such a big deal about his sister not giving him her blessing until the end ... when you know she's the one and only, give me a call.. This would be a weird ending. Unprecedented.
tennischick80
tennischick80

Female Posts : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 75 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Fan Forum - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion

+57
KKay
Fosnight
Beeleever
milo05
Kristinkko
Bhaka
timfan
Lucas15
Hotmomma
FLChica
lurker11