SELECT CONTENT

Trista & Ryan Sutter - Bachelorette 1 - Discussion

Page 35 of 46 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trista & Ryan Sutter - Bachelorette 1 - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Trista & Ryan Sutter - Bachelorette 1 - Discussion

Post by kimberlyg Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:00 am

sosleepy wrote:I'm rewatching their season on the ABC app. It's sooooo primitive reality tv! Feels ancient! laugh out loud The vibe almost feels more documentary than nowadays, and there is hardly any drama. Trista and Ryan are the sweet couple I remember from waaaaay back when, but dang this show (and their tv relationship) is so innocent compared to today. I know Ryan had a hard time with it, but really it's nothing compared to what contestants deal with in the present.

The whole show felt so different. Like season one seemed like another show.....

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Trista & Ryan Sutter - Bachelorette 1 - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Trista & Ryan Sutter - Bachelorette 1 - Discussion

Post by bluwavz Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:05 am

LOL yes. I have the Best of the Bachelor DVD which has Alex Michel's season on it and watching it I kept thinking man this sure isn't the show I watch now.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:24 am

Well to begin with, they no longer give out edible body paints in the fantasy suites. What a rip off.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:03 pm

^^ Me too Maddy. Trista's season (and specifically Ryan) are what got me hooked on this show to begin with. They are my OG couple.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:14 pm

bluwavz wrote:LOL yes. I have the Best of the Bachelor DVD which has Alex Michel's season on it and watching it I kept thinking man this sure isn't the show I watch now.

Oh for realz! I just watched Alex's season for the first time. I didn't start watching this crapola in real time until Aaron's finale/Trista's season. Holy cannoli. I realize they didn't know what they were doing yet. But Shannon Oliver. Why was she sooooooo freaking mad at Alex like constantly. So hilarious. She was seriously like butt hurt angry when she got the FS card and got all pissy that he'd likely be getting other cards cause "she wasn't stupid." laugh out loud They also called the Rose ceremonies "invitation night," and the early '00 fashion is OUT OF CONTROL. Chunky highlights, that deep red hair color that was all the rage, choppy hair outlining your face, baggy suits, spaghetti straps, lots of clippy Barrett's. Hilarious. And Chris Harrison looks like a middle schooler.

The show is completely innocent and honestly I feel like these peeps hardly get to know each other. Say what you will, but 15 years later contestants dig MUCH deeper with their potential suitors right off the bat. I know Alex was supposed to be skeevy and everyone hated on him in real time, but honestly he didn't do anything that bad. He played the part and chose the girl with big boobs who played the game and wasn't a prude. Par for the course. laugh out loud Trista and Shannon rounding out his F3 couldn't wrap their head around this format of speed dating the way Amanda, who was clearly ahead of her time could.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:24 pm

I was not a fan of Trista but their season will always be my absolute favorite. Ryan Sutter is my idea of perfection. I absolutely adored him. She's a very lucky girl....what a catch. Their FRC was the best, IMO ....he didn't have a clue. It melted my heart.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Of all the couples that have come out of BachelorNation, Trista & Ryan are my favorite. They didn't rush to get married and she moved to Colorado so that they could continue to get to know each other. They settled into a routine of what their life would be. Even Trista has told other couples when brought out for those ATFR that you need to get back to your "normal" to get to really know each other. (Ditto Jason/Molly and look how their relationship started with all the media backlash).

The advantage they had (IMO), is that there was no social media at that time where fans could stalk them and demand information from them. The newer couples would do well to get off of SM and live their lives for them... not their fans.

T/R have taken advantage of the opportunities (wedding and a million $ paycheck for it) that were given to them and I don't fault them for that at all. Even Trista's time on DWTS was after they were married and she was off pretty quickly! I think they have been very smart about things overall.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:19 pm

I watched the part where Shannon was going off on Alex and cracked up. I see her on my tv all the time on Berkeys commercials. Shannon  

Trista's season was so short in comparison with the ones now. It seemed rushed in comparison. Ryan's a nice guy but not my type at all. Jamie Blyth was my favorite that season.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:34 am

Trista & Ryan Sutter - Bachelorette 1 - Discussion - Page 35 Proxy
Ryan Sutter ‏@ryansutter Nov 24
Thanksgiving Everyday.
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:55 am

They are such a beautiful family!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:31 pm

sosleepy wrote:
bluwavz wrote:LOL yes. I have the Best of the Bachelor DVD which has Alex Michel's season on it and watching it I kept thinking man this sure isn't the show I watch now.

Oh for realz! I just watched Alex's season for the first time. I didn't start watching this crapola in real time until Aaron's finale/Trista's season. Holy cannoli. I realize they didn't know what they were doing yet. But Shannon Oliver. Why was she sooooooo freaking mad at Alex like constantly. So hilarious. She was seriously like butt hurt angry when she got the FS card and got all pissy that he'd likely be getting other cards cause "she wasn't stupid." laugh out loud They also called the Rose ceremonies "invitation night," and the early '00 fashion is OUT OF CONTROL. Chunky highlights, that deep red hair color that was all the rage, choppy hair outlining your face, baggy suits, spaghetti straps, lots of clippy Barrett's. Hilarious. And Chris Harrison looks like a middle schooler.

The show is completely innocent and honestly I feel like these peeps hardly get to know each other. Say what you will, but 15 years later contestants dig MUCH deeper with their potential suitors right off the bat. I know Alex was supposed to be skeevy and everyone hated on him in real time, but honestly he didn't do anything that bad. He played the part and chose the girl with big boobs who played the game and wasn't a prude. Par for the course. laugh out loud Trista and Shannon rounding out his F3 couldn't wrap their head around this format of speed dating the way Amanda, who was clearly ahead of her time could.

Late to this, but I started watching the show due to a co-worker talking about people going off on Shannon on radio.  I went on some message forum (never been part of one before then) and she even posted with us (in some type of chat room thing).  She answered all our questions.  She is a very sweet, kind person that just couldn't move that fast. She is a huge dog lover and the show gave her an opportunity to leave a job she hated (some type of financial/stock job) to get into commercial/voice over work.  She had strong trust issues due to always being cheated on.  Also, she knew that the Fantasy Suite card wasn't going to work.  She wasn't in love with him to get that serious.  Anyway, I look back it now and you are right, they didn't get to know each other, but he didn't ask Amanda to marry him either. What's even better is that she and her husband had a baby boy in Oct.!  So cute too!

What I don't get is Alex Michel really has basically disappeared.  Really strange as he seemed to be very outgoing. He really was a bit in over his head trying to figure everything out on the show. I think this show was great for the women, but not him.

Last edited by atem on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:39 pm

havadrpepper wrote:Of all the couples that have come out of BachelorNation, Trista & Ryan are my favorite.  They didn't rush to get married and she moved to Colorado so that they could continue to get to know each other. They settled into a routine of what their life would be.  Even Trista has told other couples when brought out for those ATFR that you need to get back to your "normal" to get to really know each other. (Ditto Jason/Molly and look how their relationship started with all the media backlash).

The advantage they had (IMO), is that there was no social media at that time where fans could stalk them and demand information from them.  The newer couples would do well to get off of SM and live their lives for them... not their fans.

T/R have taken advantage of the opportunities (wedding and a million $ paycheck for it) that were given to them and I don't fault them for that at all. Even Trista's time on DWTS was after they were married and she was off pretty quickly!  I think they have been very smart about things overall.

Sorry for the double post, but there was social media with forums. And the people who were part of the show and family members were for sure posting on them. I don't remember if ABC had a forum, but you know how those got! A breeding ground of stalking/hate. Like with everything new, no one had the 20/20 insight we have now.

However, I think currently, there is a bit of an addiction of constantly having 24/7 info that twitter/insta/snapchat give that wasn't back then.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 46 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Trista & Ryan Sutter - Bachelorette 1 - Discussion

+101
pavalygurl
suzq
Norcalgal
blueblues
whit90