SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 41 of 51 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

perfection - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Boomshakalaka Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:54 pm

This is Dr. Logan's response on twitter to this new insider information:

Logan Levkoff, Ph.D. ‏@LoganLevkoff 3h3 hours ago

@KeepFth The allegations made in this so-called "insider" piece are outrageous, and utter nonsense.

and

@KeepFth unfortunately with success comes a bit of conspiracy theory. It's sad.

Now I don't know what to believe.

Boomshakalaka

Back to top Go down

perfection - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:58 pm

What insider piece is she referring to?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71507

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:58 pm

^^^What success? Aren't all three couples broken up?
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomshakalaka Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:00 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:What insider piece is she referring to?

She is referring specifically to the new info posted on here today. The person she was responding to tweeted her something about Ryan D. being a drug addict/dealer and this was Dr. Logan's response.

Boomshakalaka

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:06 pm

I think they saw the post here that talked about screening of the guys vs the girls. She's disputing that in her letter.

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a55825153/?cpg=343

I will say that I've taken all the "insiders" posts with a grain of salt so will step back my response to this latest one and give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't think they made good choices this season but can't imagine they changed so drastically from season 1 to 2.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15342

Back to top Go down

Post by JCB Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:17 pm

Boomshakalaka wrote:This is Dr. Logan's response on twitter to this new insider information:

@KeepFth The allegations made in this so-called "insider" piece are outrageous, and utter nonsense.

and

@KeepFth unfortunately with success comes a bit of conspiracy theory. It's sad.

Now I don't know what to believe.

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting, but I've been lurking for a few months. Of course Logan is going to deny the allegations. I completely believe what NYC LAX said because it all makes perfect sense and explains everything.

JCB

Female Posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 pm

Narcissism. IMO that applies doubly to the 'professionals' who take their practice onto tv. It takes a particular kind of person to do that. I've yet to see an iteration of helping professionals doing tv that maintains any kind of consistent ethic long term (I had hopes based on season one) - not dr phil, intervention, dr drew... not any of them. Legit healing always seems to rub up against the ethic of 'entertainment' and money-making in the end. To hell with good intentions. You could argue that all participants are narcissistic to a point and I might not argue with that either, but professionals ought to be held to a higher standard by their peers. The skuttle-butt in professional and academic fields concerning those who do this kind of media based work is bound to be an eye-opener (I now work in the sociological rather than psychological field and not in private practice). Re: Logan's response: Again, it would seem that this will get a sanitised edit. I don't expect to see any truth on the reunion special. Rather, if it comes it will be from the women, the professional associations to which these people are affiliated and/or a good investigative journalist (and the latter is not likely to occur unless the situation escalates which I sincerely hope it does not). My questions to the experts:
1. What supervision of your practice do you have in place? What checks/balances do you employ regarding your praxis? I'm not talking about meeting the bare minimum professional standards - I'm talking about your own ethical standards of practice? how do you reflect on your practice?
2. Have you ever been wrong? Is it possible you could be wrong? Why/ why not? How would you know if you made an error? Can your instruments be wrong? What do you do when you make a mistake?
3. What strategies do you employ to reduce risk and harm?
4. How do you justify the increased risk to the people you work with by doing that work in public? What initial/ongoing ethical/IRB/human subjects protocols has your practice been subject to in relation to this work?

So many questions... laugh out loud. There is not enough money in the world to induce me to enter professional practice on tv - nor would I participate in any capacity. Not only do I value my privacy and the privacy of my partner and family above all else - but I care enough about others to not subject them to the brutalities of this kind of public process. Season two confirms to me that this kind of work is deeply unethical and exploitive. This season the exploitation was also deeply gendered. I won't be watching again. I'm done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 pm

IMO, after seeing the success of season 1, producers and experts wanted to "strike while the iron was hot" to get the show back on air and took shortcuts to make sure it was. The screening process should have lasted longer to make sure the couples were paired correctly but no it seems like "they cut of their noses to spite there faces." It all about the money the show is bringing in. IMO, they won't have this "cash cow" after season 3. That is if season 3 even airs.

Last edited by Rosepetal on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by traveler90 Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:47 pm

:Welcome JCB!
traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 pm

Everyone has a right to believe inside information or not believe it. We however ensure the use of IMO in my opinion, JMHO just my humble opinion etc. is strictly enforced.

Although we appreciate very much any information that is shared with us, we do not consider it 100% fact. We are about providing facts, with links, quotes, pictures etc. when speculating facts.

If anyone believes info that is shared then the use of JMO IMO etc MUST be used when referencing the information.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71507

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JCB Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:57 pm

I apologize if I broke the rules. Obviously I don't know if the inside info is true, but I believe it is because it explains so much, IMO. Thank you for the welcome, traveler90. Smiley

JCB

Female Posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:05 pm

Yeah me too (re any rules I may or may not have inadvertently not complied with in totality - I'm not sure who this is was directed at). I know liability is an ever present concern. So for what its worth - every single thing I've written here is my opinion and only my opinion. I've reread and I think thats clear or strongly implied in every thing I've said. That's my disclaimer. I wasn't there so of course - what do I know? ; ) Is just my best guestimate based on a decent education and entirely too much life experience. LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 51 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+90
TwinkleB13
WatcheronWall
TheEyesHaveIt
sherrie714
Sulamit