SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 49 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 49 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Ariela Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:07 am

nan27 wrote:
TwinkleB13 wrote:After reading the article that nan27 posted, I clicked on another link that was there and found it really interesting - I am not sure if it has been posted before so if so just let me know and I can delete it Smiley

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/entertainment/married-at-first-sight-mostly-fake/30941/
Thanks for posting.  Yep, it appears that the entire show is a sham.  I wonder who that male participant is that is so concerned with making money by becoming a reality star.  I wonder if it is Doug.

A spiritual adviser who is an atheist??  That's pretty pathetic. A psychologist who got his degree from a diploma mill type of college?  Geez...

I won't watch again because they did lead us to believe that these were ordinary people looking for love and marriage.  This has turned out to be far from the truth.

I think they ALL want to be reality stars. However, I know that JAMIE has tried out for many things. She was on the Bachelor. She auditioned for QVC and other things...I'm not sure if she wants to be a host or anything reality that comes her way.

Ariela

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 49 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by tireman4 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:38 am

[
A spiritual adviser who is an atheist??  That's pretty pathetic. A psychologist who got his degree from a diploma mill type of college?  Geez...

I have to take issue with this. First, because I am in higher education. I agree, Argosy may not be Harvard, but it is NOT even close to a diploma mill. I get that the for profits have taken a hit. I agree that the University of Phoenix has not/ still does not have a good standing in the academic environment, **edited** They are aptly accredited. The folks HAVE to do the work. Why do I say this? My wife is ABD from Walden. Yes, Walden. For her coursework. she would spend 20 hours per week to do the forums and papers. She earned her ABD. Please, I am asking as a history professor, **edited**. Oh by the way, my school, the University of South Africa at Pretoria has been called a "Diploma Mill" Why? Well, because it is not regionally accredited. It is aptly accredited, but by the SAQA, the South African accrediting body. Rant over.

Last edited by tireman4 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

tireman4

Male Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:41 am

Please refer to the rules. Do not tell posters what to say or how they should post. TY

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tireman4 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:43 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Please refer to the rules. Do not tell posters what to say or how they should post. TY

The only why I am speaking out is because it is wrong. It is their opinion. They aptly accredited by SACS. I am just saying. I can give you the listing of their association with SACS>

tireman4

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:45 am

tireman4 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Please refer to the rules. Do not tell posters what to say or how they should post. TY

The only why I am speaking out is because it is wrong. It is their opinion. They aptly accredited by SACS. I am just saying. I can give you the listing of their association with SACS>

We do not tell posters what to say or how to chose their words.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Oh ouch....I didn't know Doug was a would be comedian. I liked the 2 of them, but I am starting to feel like Jamie just wants the spotlight. I wish them luck and happiness on their marriage..now...go live a "normal" life and stop acting like stars LOL (my opinion)

stillhoping
stillhoping

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by nan27 Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:42 pm

stillhoping wrote:Oh ouch....I didn't know Doug was a would be comedian. I liked the 2 of them, but I am starting to feel like Jamie just wants the spotlight. I wish them luck and happiness on their marriage..now...go live a "normal" life and stop acting like stars LOL (my opinion)

I believe that I read that Doug had been "a comedian for years." I don't know what to think of Doug and Jamie's marriage. I wonder if it would survive if they were out of the spotlight and not being paid for their television appearances. I agree with you. They are not stars. I won't be watching them in anything else and won't be watching this show any longer. There are a few reality shows that we do watch. I really enjoy "The Little Couple and "The Voice." We occasionally watch a few others. I did tape MAFS and watch it in my gym as I exercised. Lots of it is boring and repetitive. So, I didn't mind having it on while I was lifting weights (where I didn't really have to concentrate). ;)

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by nan27 Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:48 pm

nan27 wrote:A spiritual adviser who is an atheist??  That's pretty pathetic. A psychologist who got his degree from a diploma mill type of college?  Geez...

tireman4 wrote: I have to take issue with this..

You do realize that I pulled this information from the article, don't you?  In any case, I have a Computer Science undergraduate degree and an MBA. So, I am fairly educated, too. bestbud!

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by tireman4 Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Last edited by tireman4 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

tireman4

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 pm

THIS is what happens when the rules aren't followed and quotes aren't used. We have no idea who is doing the talking.

The poster DID NOT call Argosy a diploma mill college. They were commenting on the ARTICLE that has the link attached to the post.

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/entertainment/married-at-first-sight-mostly-fake/30941/

In digging a bit deeper into the credentials of clinical psychologist Dr. Joseph Cilona, it seems the college from which he graduated, Argosy University, is a for-profit school which has been deemed a “diploma mill” by many.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:21 pm

A spiritual adviser who is an atheist??

It is a little(!) odd, I agree, but atheism doesn't rule out spiritual values. The existence of a Diety... not so much.

Anyway... short term lurker, first time poster.

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by tireman4 Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:24 pm

Ok. I will take the high road here. First, I apologize to all and everyone on this Argosy issue. Second, I was responding in kind. Third, I will not respond anymore on this issue.

tireman4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+90
TwinkleB13
WatcheronWall
TheEyesHaveIt
sherrie714
Sulamit