SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -

Page 77 of 78 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -  - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -

Post by atem Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:39 pm

Beeleever wrote:I have a different thought on this. Perhaps instead of thinking Whitney was trying to one up Chris or correct him when she said 400, she did her homework and had that number cemented in her mind. When you are in an intense conversation with cameras in your face, it's probably easier to go with what you know instead of trying to recall a number that someone else said. Whitney has never appeared to me to be the type of person to "one up" anyone. Instead, she stood up for treating other girls with kindness and was absent during many of the backstabbing sessions.

That's just about the only thing I admire about this season. It was a bit less of the backstabbing than usual on sm.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -  - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -

Post by mindless Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:40 pm

I also think Whitney said 400 because she'd Googled Arlington more than once. That's only the population inside the town limits though, it's closer to 1000 for the post code area.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
northernviewer wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:

No you are not alone. I had the same thought.

it also seems like Becca didn't get the last date as shown.  I'm thinking it was Kaitlyn and she seemed pretty confident in getting a rose last night.  I'm wondering if he did end up "plowing her field", as she mentioned in the M&G and why she asks him when they left the RC "what happened?"  I'm convinced that Whit getting a rose was a given, he was up in the air about Becca and Kaitlyn though, that was clear.  Hope the WTA sheds some light on that.
All that Becca said is that she hadn't slept...not that she hadn't slept for days or anything about that.  Hell, for all we know, he had a day off from the fantasy dates to figure things out, therefore it would line up with her saying that she hadn't slept.  OR better yet, they didn't stay in the same room all night and when she went back to her suite, she never slept.  I don't think that it absolutely means that she had her date earlier in the week.

Also when talking to Chris she made reference to the "last few days". I may be wrong, but I just got the impression that she wasn't his last FD. no idea I looked and the medianet photos aren't up yet, but the matter will get cleared up once they are.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:52 pm

northernviewer wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

it also seems like Becca didn't get the last date as shown.  I'm thinking it was Kaitlyn and she seemed pretty confident in getting a rose last night.  I'm wondering if he did end up "plowing her field", as she mentioned in the M&G and why she asks him when they left the RC "what happened?"  I'm convinced that Whit getting a rose was a given, he was up in the air about Becca and Kaitlyn though, that was clear.  Hope the WTA sheds some light on that.
All that Becca said is that she hadn't slept...not that she hadn't slept for days or anything about that.  Hell, for all we know, he had a day off from the fantasy dates to figure things out, therefore it would line up with her saying that she hadn't slept.  OR better yet, they didn't stay in the same room all night and when she went back to her suite, she never slept.  I don't think that it absolutely means that she had her date earlier in the week.

Also when talking to Chris she made reference to the "last few days".  I may be wrong, but I just got the impression that she wasn't his last FD.  no idea   I looked and the medianet photos aren't up yet, but the matter will get cleared up once they are.  

I think that RS said that he thought the order was Whitney, Becca, Kaitlyn...although I might be remembering incorrectly. It did seem like a couple of days had definitely passed since their date, but I don't know how much time is in-between the last FD and the rose ceremony.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:26 pm

Litta123 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:^ I don't remember Whit saying she was falling in love on night one.

She said that she knew about Chris and just knew he was the right man for her.  The exact same attitude that she started their first epi 3 date, which was their first extended time together at all.  She was falling in love with him at the beginning of episode 3, she did say it then.  So yes, I am sorry I exaggerated it.  The point is still the same to me.  We have not been shown Whitney at any time getting to know Chris.  We always see her showing Chris how she is right for him.  I am not saying those conversations have not happened, just that I have not seen them and would have liked to.  I can only base my opinion on what I  am shown.  I am even willing to look at SM, but Whitney's SM is pretty quite, so nothing to tell me that she actually spent time getting to know the real Chris.

I can say, that I found her behavior with her sister obnoxious and then to turn around the next date and criticize said sister.  To me it bugged me a lot.  I saw that when Whitney doesn't get exactly what Whitney wants when she wants it, she can be not so nice.  To me that was a glimpse of her true self.  One of the few times, the look how perfect I am for you mask of hers has slipped at all in front of Chris.  JMO.

What's really confusing to me is why Whitney's so worried that her sister could have sabotaged her relationship with Chris. She's 29 is she not? Who cares what her sister thinks? I'm guessing TPTB were putting fears in her head about that (which btw is an F1 trick...so maybe she was F1 at this stage...hence F1 FS...point for Whitney's column). Anyway, Whitney seems like she could be prone to fretting...and TPTB exploited that.

All I know as a viewer is that I was exhausted listening to her express her concerns on the boat. It also bothered me that she couched it in terms of now she was behind the other girls (making me think competition...whether she intended that or not). Why not just straight out ask Chris if he was troubled by her sister's remarks? And, didn't they already have that conversation at her apt/condo?* Why not focus on the connection they have rather than try to "fix" the one piece that seems broken. It still feels like she's trying to convince Chris to "pick me."...imo.

*Would that bother Chris? That she couldn't let it go and trust him? no idea

I think she was disappointed that she didn't have the perfect hometown date in that she wanted for her sister to give her blessing. We know that not having hometowns go well can have some effect on the leads decision making (Des and Catherine come to mind). On the boat I saw her explaining where she saw her sister coming from and why from their upbringing she may have responded to Chris the way she did. She was calmer and said her sister was protecting her in that she was responsible for parenting Whitney growing up. She wanted the hometown to be perfect, I can understand that. i thought she did a great job explaining herself on the boat. There is a lot of pressure and if you want to be the last woman standing every minute of time you spend together matters. I think she has told him that she trusts him.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:36 pm

^ I also think she wanted to reassure Chris that the sister withholding her blessing was not a disapproval of him or personal against him.

"in the moment"on the HTD, she was upset that her sister would not give her blessing. By the FD, she'd had time to reflect and realized her sister was just being protective of her.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:04 pm

umngirl wrote:^I think growing up and living in the Midwest (like Whitney has) makes it easier to transition. Adjusting to winter in the Midwest can be brutal. I'm not sure a Southerner turned Californian knows exactly what it's like.

As for their jobs, Whitney has a career whereas Becca has a job. She's basically an office assistant. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but does she have any career ambition? I don't know.

I think Whitney is at the stage in her life where she is ready for marriage and babies. Becca seems to very slowly be heading in that direction. I can't see her ready for all that in the next few years.

To someone else's point, many of the contestant decide to go on a certain season because they like the lead from the previous season and want to meet them. Whitney is no different. I could list quite a few who have done that. Heck, one of the couples is even married now because she told the producers no until she found out he was The Bachelor. It happens. So I think Whitney liked the Chris she saw last season and wanted to get to know him, which the editors have conveniently forgot to show us other than Whitney meeting his friends.
IMO, if Becca just has a "job" then IMO, she can leave it and find another in the health profession pretty easy. With Whitney, if she has that "career" that she's worked so hard on, then IMO, that would be something that would be a lot harder to drop. IMO, with how Becca has gone into this relationship, it's been more realistic. She's been making sure the feelings are there for sure before jumping into that bach bubble and drinking their tea. I guess personally, I have a lot harder time believing someone that was all in on night one versus believing someone that's tried to make sure the feelings that she has are absolutely real before fully committing. I tend to think that after mama soules talk, Becca will come to the full realization that she's ready for everything...just doesn't know about an engagement just yet. IMO, that will be solved too when Chris gets down on one knee and she says yes. Despite her age in numbers, I find her VERY mature and is taking this on as a serious change that could happen in her life. Big difference to Whit who seems to of already drank the Bach tea in her first glass of champagne in the limo ride to the premiere night.

BTW, I think both women are great in their own rights....I just see that there is more substance and long term possibilities with Becca is all. Heck, when she was visiting Arlington with the other women she said that being there is making her want to pop out babies ASAP. That sounds to me that she is farther on in the process than the producers wanted us to think at that time, not to mention I believe they left that comment in for a reason as it shows who will actually be the F1 in the end.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:10 pm

KB_Mom wrote:
umngirl wrote:^I think growing up and living in the Midwest (like Whitney has) makes it easier to transition. Adjusting to winter in the Midwest can be brutal. I'm not sure a Southerner turned Californian knows exactly what it's like.

As for their jobs, Whitney has a career whereas Becca has a job. She's basically an office assistant. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but does she have any career ambition? I don't know.

I think Whitney is at the stage in her life where she is ready for marriage and babies. Becca seems to very slowly be heading in that direction. I can't see her ready for all that in the next few years.

To someone else's point, many of the contestant decide to go on a certain season because they like the lead from the previous season and want to meet them. Whitney is no different. I could list quite a few who have done that. Heck, one of the couples is even married now because she told the producers no until she found out he was The Bachelor. It happens. So I think Whitney liked the Chris she saw last season and wanted to get to know him, which the editors have conveniently forgot to show us other than Whitney meeting his friends.

I agree with all that you stated,and especially the bolded. From what i have seen, I think Whitney developed a "crush" on Chris during Andi's season, saw he had traits that match what she wants in a husband, and go-getter that she is, took her shot and went on the show.  They haven't bothered to show us Whitney asking Chris about himself, to find out if in person, she is still attracted to him, and working to get to know him better,because that's not part of the storyboard.  Doesn't mean those conversations didn't happen.  I firmly believe that if Whitney found the Chris in person was not the Chris she saw on TV, as she so adorably said, she would have "excused herself."  
Hmm, I wonder if that's exactly what happens in Arlington. She realizes how small it is, how she maybe didn't understand how Chris could keep Becca as per her ITM in Bali. Maybe, just maybe that is when she bows out?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:20 pm

If anyone were to bow out I'd think it would be Becca. It sounds like she's still not sure when she meets his mom. I don't see Whitney changing her mind at the last minute.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

Post by deeliciouz Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:23 pm

^I totally agree.

---
I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. - Audrey Hepburn
:sprinklehearts
chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -  - Page 77 8554319625_3737a89572_tchris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -  - Page 77 8555428414_13183c9699_tchris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -  - Page 77 8555428450_fee0585c93_tchris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -  - Page 77 8554319581_bc2fce6132_t
deeliciouz
deeliciouz

Female Posts : 959

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:40 pm

I totally agree bean. I can't see any reason why Whitney would bow out.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm with you guys on this too. Whitney has been all in from the limo. It doesn't make sense that she would bow out now.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 78 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 9 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* -

+82
Lievta
Beeleever
Nonina430
MVMom39forever
cindebugg