SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 27 of 81 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 54 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sponsored - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 27 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by umngirl Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:13 pm

I'm a few years younger than her and I would never dream of seeing her as a role model. Most importantly, the people I view as role models have a strong work ethic and purpose in their lives. Andi doesn't have either to me. JMO.

Sponsored - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 27 87b72b10 Sponsored - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 27 86669110 Sponsored - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 27 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Sponsored - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 27 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by whit90 Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks Kasha : Agree with you and GA how in the world is Andi a role model to anyone. Just blows my mind. I have a daughter that is about to turn 25 who just bought her first house and is a surgical nurse that works very hard to me she is a role model. I might be a little biasis but at least she is living on her own and has not asked dad or mom for a penny. Smiley
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Bringing this from the BIP thread where it was brought up to this thread.  Discuss!

@Laudergirl wrote:
We can agree to disagree here. I don't believe Andi has lost her integrity. Sure, there are people out there and on this forum that aren't her biggest fans, for whatever their reasons. But to hundreds of thousands of her followers on both Twitter and IG, Andi is still respected and considered a role model. Just read the comments on her posts. You don't have to agree with them, but she still has plenty of admirers.  

Yes, she does seem to still want to stay relevant. And she does post a lot on SM. I just don't think putting herself out their for scrutiny again on BIP is what she would want. She can find other more productive ways to stay relevant to her fans in my opinion.

Per Whit90
"I  have heard this over and over that she is a role model and respected by so many that follow her . I would like to know how is she a role model when she does nothing but take selfies. MODS you can move this or delete it I am just soooo curious as why she is considered a role model."

spitcoffee Sorry but did I read "a role model"? Gosh, that's surprising.

For two seasons (and while promoting between seasons and after) Andi went on and on about how important her career as an ADA/lawyer (and IMO what made her so attractive as a Bachelorette).

Come to find out she's just another wannabe in the making ... walking around NYC like a human billboard and getting paid to tweet/IG about boys laughing cause she had toilet paper stuck to the bottom of her shoe (all while promoting some new tv show). Not sure if that came out before or after she posted a picture of lingerie all over her kitchen.

Definitely not the type of role model I want my teen daughter to admire ...

(I brought this post over from the BIP2 thread)

Last edited by MVMom39forever on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:23 pm

umngirl wrote:I'm a few years younger than her and I would never dream of seeing her as a role model. Most importantly, the people I view as role models have a strong work ethic and purpose in their lives. Andi doesn't have either to me. JMO.

I agree, Umngirl. I view role models as having a strong work ethic, humbleness, graciousness, etc. I don't see Andi having any of those.

Good question, Whit90, what makes her a role model? I keep hoping to see something in this thread that makes me think maybe I was being unfair to her, but she is still posting the same types of things. Sadly, she is an attention seeker who is hanging on to her 15 minutes of fame as though her life depended on it.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:26 pm

That #sponsored tweet about that TV show was just bad. I wish she'd just get a job and use her brain, it's embarrassing. hmmm

Sponsored - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 27 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:26 pm

I think she is still looking for her own mentor and role model. I don't think she would want to be considered a role model at this stage of her life. JMOAA.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
umngirl wrote:I'm a few years younger than her and I would never dream of seeing her as a role model. Most importantly, the people I view as role models have a strong work ethic and purpose in their lives. Andi doesn't have either to me. JMO.

I agree, Umngirl. I view role models as having a strong work ethic, humbleness, graciousness, etc. I don't see Andi having any of those.

Good question, Whit90, what makes her a role model? I keep hoping to see something in this thread that makes me think maybe I was being unfair to her, but she is still posting the same types of things. Sadly, she is an attention seeker who is hanging on to her 15 minutes of fame as though her life depended on it.

I have been asking this question for months but still have not had one answer to it. :shocked!:
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:28 pm

What with the social media boom, Disney and reality tv shows, the definition of Role Model has gradually changed, over the years, and has morphed into what it is today. Every "star" from D to A, is now considered a role model, of some sort. It is truly unfortunate.

Last edited by julychild on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:34 pm

She legit just posted a selfie about going/attempting to surf while buzzed. Yup, definitely someone I want to be like. no no

Sponsored - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 27 87b72b10 Sponsored - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 27 86669110 Sponsored - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 27 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:41 pm

Not surprising, and a kissy face no less. no
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:42 pm

umngirl wrote:She legit just posted a selfie about going/attempting to surf while buzzed. Yup, definitely someone I want to be like. no no

You have to be kidding me how many things is she going to post today. deadhorse

whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Andi is just sad. She's lost all credibility she ever had. I doubt she'll ever practice law again. If someone considers a washed up reality TV star their role model, they need to get their head checked. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 81 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 54 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis