SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 32 of 81 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 56 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nopeYESSSS - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by MiaHawk Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:41 am

Any drunken kissy faced surfing photos today?
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

nopeYESSSS - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by Jeepers Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:42 am

Looks like she is flying today.....

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Very interesting discussion about Andi and her role model status. Particularly inspired by Elle’s balanced analysis.

Andi is a bright and pretty girl, no doubt. It’s obvious she’s had a lot of advantages and has parlayed them into a reality star life. I can’t fault her for it. If I could secure a gig where I had a lot of free products to try and hawk, and had designers and photographers following me around all day, I certainly wouldn’t say no.

Would I like her life, absolutely, would I consider her a role model, absolutely not.

To me being a role model has to involve doing for ‘others’ on some level…. Sponsoring social good, demonstrating strong morals, ethics or kindness and inspiring them in others, advocating for those less fortunate, promoting an innovation or having a special creative talent (musician) that advances humankind … and on that level, for me, at least, Andi is not a role model.

If she got over her personal heartache by volunteering at a soup kitchen, or helping those less fortune, I would be inspired. But Andi’s way of getting over her heartache, with advantages and trips that none but a select few (wealthy) can imitate, sends a skewed message to young woman. They may want her life, but virtually none will have an opportunity to replicate it. That’s not being a role model, that’s being a celebrity.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:25 am

SueSt wrote:Very interesting discussion about Andi and her role model status.  Particularly inspired by Elle’s balanced analysis.

Andi is a bright and pretty girl, no doubt.  It’s obvious she’s had a lot of advantages and has parlayed them into a reality star life.  I can’t fault her for it.  If I could secure a gig where I had a lot of free products to try and hawk, and had designers and photographers following me around all day, I certainly wouldn’t say no.  

Would I like her life, absolutely, would I consider her a role model, absolutely not.  

To me being a role model has to involve doing for ‘others’ on some level…. Sponsoring social good, demonstrating strong morals, ethics or kindness and inspiring them in others, advocating for those less fortunate, promoting an innovation or having a special creative talent (musician) that advances humankind … and on that level, for me, at least, Andi is not a role model.  

If she got over her personal heartache by volunteering at a soup kitchen, or helping those less fortune, I would be inspired.  But Andi’s way of getting over her heartache, with advantages and trips that none but a select few (wealthy) can imitate, sends a skewed message to young woman.  They may want her life, but virtually none will have an opportunity to replicate it.  That’s not being a role model, that’s being a celebrity.

bowdown Beautifully said!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnandaMarie Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:25 pm

Elle wrote:
whit90 wrote:
eliza3 wrote:^^^  I admire Andi but don't really want to get into a discussion about my thoughts here.  I think that it has been long enough that those of us who following her and have opinions on why will never agree with those who don't.  So to me, that conversation will end up with agreeing to disagree.    JMHO

I am not here  to disagree with your opinion I just really want to know why people say she is a role model and a strong woman.  :cutesmile!:  I just don't see it.

I don’t necessarily think Andi should be considered a role model nor do I think she’s trying to be one.  I do believe she has accomplished more than many women her age.  Getting a law degree, passing the bar, and becoming an ADA is no small feat.  It requires intelligence and discipline. These are admirable qualities that are not bad things for young girls to aspire to.  
Another opportunity, bachelor/bachelorette, presented itself and she took it and IMO she’s received undue criticism ever since.  I think Andi’s intention to find true love was real and I also believe she found it, and her worst fears were realized - It ended in heartbreak. All  we can do is speculate as to what happened and  we all have different opinions.  I think the love was there and still is, but a change in careers for both, disillusionment on both sides, and other forces, possibly beyond their control, interferred.  
We shouldn’t claim to know that Andi is living off her parents because we have no clue where her money is coming from and I think it’s an unfair assumption to make without facts to back it up. I don’t think Andi’s move to New York was calculated.  I think the breakup destroyed her self confidence and she is hoping that a move to New York City might give her a fresh start. I don’t think she’s ashamed to let us know that she is having a rough time and wants to share what it’s like being a fish out of water in a new city.  Some of us feel she’s sharing too much and being too candid, and some of us find it endearing. We all have a right to our opinions on that. I think the constant criticism and negativity that she’s getting on SM is sending a message to young girls that it’s not okay to be human, make mistakes, and faulter.  This to me is more damaging than Andi displaying her laundry in the kitchen. I agree in the end, that we will all have to agree to disagree.

Perfectly said. Love your post.
AnandaMarie
AnandaMarie

Female Posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Are we sure she's 28 and not 18? This is her definition of an amazing Saturday? Why broadcast she's playing with tinder of all things.

Andi Dorfman @AndiDorfman · 25m 25 minutes ago
Sipping sangria + playing on a friend's tinder (totally messing up her life)... Basically an amazing Saturday #nopeYESSSS #swipe

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71478

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:21 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Are we sure she's 28 and not 18? This is her definition of an amazing Saturday? Why broadcast she's playing with tinder of all things.

Andi Dorfman @AndiDorfman  ·  25m 25 minutes ago
Sipping sangria + playing on a friend's tinder (totally messing up her life)... Basically an amazing Saturday #nopeYESSSS #swipe

Like to see that birth certificate nopeYESSSS - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 3806527698
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:26 pm

whit90 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Are we sure she's 28 and not 18? This is her definition of an amazing Saturday? Why broadcast she's playing with tinder of all things.

Andi Dorfman @AndiDorfman  ·  25m 25 minutes ago

Like to see that birth certificate nopeYESSSS - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 3806527698
Nah, she is probably the only newborn doing a kissy selfie.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:02 pm

She always seems to be "sipping"alcohol. no no

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:10 pm

KB_Mom wrote:She always seems to be "sipping"alcohol. no no
I wonder if Andi needs to enter a rehab facility question

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Playing on a friend's tinder is fun like once in a blue moon while you're all drunk (guilty of this) but I definitely wouldn't broadcast it on the internet.

nopeYESSSS - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 87b72b10 nopeYESSSS - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 86669110 nopeYESSSS - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:06 pm

The comments on this instagram post say it all. nopeYESSSS - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 3806527698

https://instagram.com/p/1CHk5UTdmO/?taken-by=andi_dorfman
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 81 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 56 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis