SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3

Post by lurker11 Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:05 am

KKay wrote:I agree with lurker11 on the Iowa Vs Iowa State thing. My son is attending Iowa State but will still root for Iowa against anybody but Iowa State. I think part of it is we Iowans kind of feel like we need to stick together against the world because there are so many unfavorable stereotypes out there about our beautiful state. It really is a great state. I left it for 25 years and it drew me back.

ughhhhh SO TRUE! I'll preach it to anyone I meet! (although now that Des Moines keeps growing and getting all this press about being the best place for young people to live, I don't want anyone to know and keep it small!)
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3

Post by umngirl Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:09 am

I think the Iowa vs. Iowa State thing is helped because they aren't in the same conference. I think Iowa fans hate Minnesota more. And that feeling is definitely mutual. Smiley

shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 87b72b10 shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 86669110 shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:09 am

lurker11 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Okay maybe this is the southern SEC proximate girl in me.  But you do not wear the gear from your alma maters rival.  Chris went to ISU, I don't get his wearing Iowa stuff.  It maybe common in the midwest.  In the south and Texas once you attend a school that over rides what ever you may have had as a favorite growing up.  

I thought ISU and Iowa were rivals a played each year for some big in state title?

Just getting this off my chest.  You would never see a UT person in A&M gear..  I Ga Tech person in UGA gear, or a Clemson fan in USC stuff.  God help you if you try to get an FSU person to wear Blue and Orange or a Gator fan to don Garnet and Gold.

It is just not natural to me.

Now that my sports fandom rant is over.  That is very sweet of Chris. I am sure it made that girls day.

Iowa - ISU is really odd in this situation. It usually is what you described when it comes to Iowa v. Iowa State. however, most people are huge fans of the 'rival' school when they're playing anyone out of the state. Also, ISU has ag majors which Iowa doesn't offer anything at all for. He was as ISU for the major. He also grew up a little over an hour from Iowa City no surprise at all he is still a Hawkeye. He was there for football games this fall as well

Thank you for explaining.  This is the situation with Texas and Texas A&M, Clemson and USC and UGA and Ga Tech too.  In both of those cases as far as I know, when people end up at the rival school they always cheer for their alma mater.  But then again, we bleed football in the south and in Texas, so no big surprise there.  At Texas we used to joke that we got the culture and they got the agriculture.  

I have friends who went to smaller schools in Iowa for undergrad and they are all Iowa fans.  I also had a student who was an Iowa State alum.  Whe I mistakenly said she went to Iowa she immediately snapped at me that she didn't go to that snob school, so I had just assumed that most ISU people felt that way.  Funny the Iowa fans talked about ISU as if they weren't really a big deal at all.  I know more about ISU since they are in the Big 12 with Texas.giggling   Now the snob thing I have heard from A&M says the same thing about UT, Clemson about USC and even Auburn about Alabama.  Never really heard that between UGA and Ga Tech.  But honestly Ga Tech is a top five engineering school in the world and famous for being much harder once you are in than UGA.  And this has been told to me by UGA grads.  So it is a different kind of rivalry.  

Anyway, I guess I will forgive him for cheering for the other school, even though it is really weird to me.  shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 3806527698  I grew up a University of Miami fan, but when the were brutal to us in the Cotton Bowl and were a big rival in college baseball for me it was obvious, I was a Texas girl and Miami could go jump off a cliff.  Good thing, my hubby the FSU Seminole might not have married me if I was still a Miami fan.  My cousin the seminole says when UF and Miami play she hopes for the stadium to blow up.  We take our rivalries seriously in these parts. cantstopl
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:33 am

🚋

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71507

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:41 am

umngirl wrote:I think the Iowa vs. Iowa State thing is helped because they aren't in the same conference. I think Iowa fans hate Minnesota more. And that feeling is definitely mutual. Smiley

Just to clarify. Clemson and USC have not been in the same conference since 1991. UGA and Ga Tech have never been in the same conference. UF and FSU have never been in the same conference, Miami only joined FSU's conference in the mid 2000s. Texas and A&M are also no longer in the same conference. So that really doesn't hold water for me. Texas and OU hate each other, have for over a century. They weren't in the same conference until 1996. Some rivalries supersede conference.

Sorry GA, it is kind of general Chris question. Insert NHL teams into the team names and maybe that will help it make more sense. shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 3806527698
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:52 am

^While that is true, I was just pointing out that in this particular case the different conferences plays a factor IMO.

shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 87b72b10 shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 86669110 shocking - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3 - Page 5 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:59 am

http://www.gossipcop.com/chris-soules-betrayed-bachelor-winner-dancing-with-the-stars/
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:13 am

Diana wrote:http://www.gossipcop.com/chris-soules-betrayed-bachelor-winner-dancing-with-the-stars/

Good to know. GC tends to be correct. Good for him and F1. Just one little clarification though, at least down here in the South, DWTS runs through a large part of the spring planting season. Maybe lurker and others might now is Spring planting season May or later in Iowa?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:39 am

stuckinsc wrote:
Diana wrote:http://www.gossipcop.com/chris-soules-betrayed-bachelor-winner-dancing-with-the-stars/

Good to know. GC tends to be correct. Good for him and F1. Just one little clarification though, at least down here in the South, DWTS runs through a large part of the spring planting season. Maybe lurker and others might now is Spring planting season May or later in Iowa?

Apparently April 15 is the traditional start date for corn.
http://www.agronext.iastate.edu/corn/production/management/planting/earlier.html

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:25 am

notarose wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

Apparently April 15 is the traditional start date for corn.
http://www.agronext.iastate.edu/corn/production/management/planting/earlier.html

Yeah, Mid-April to Mid-May is really the crucial period and you're fine as long as it's finished by mid-may typically.  However, Chris IS NOT a super "in the fields" type of man, he has a considerable operation and right now is probably his busiest time of year with planning and coordination of staff hiring.  But, they've probably been working with the same people for years so they have it down. Probably lucky he runs everything with just the parents.  If the sisters were involved and he was still cashing in on this despite doing no work for basically two growing seasons it could cause some drama, I'd assume.

Also, I'd assume his consulting business is pretty much nil this year if he's gone at this time.
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:36 am

lurker11 wrote:
KKay wrote:I agree with lurker11 on the Iowa Vs Iowa State thing. My son is attending Iowa State but will still root for Iowa against anybody but Iowa State. I think part of it is we Iowans kind of feel like we need to stick together against the world because there are so many unfavorable stereotypes out there about our beautiful state. It really is a great state. I left it for 25 years and it drew me back.

ughhhhh SO TRUE! I'll preach it to anyone I meet! (although now that Des Moines keeps growing and getting all this press about being the best place for young people to live, I don't want anyone to know and keep it small!)

I m not moving and I am certainly not young so no worries about me increasing the population of Des Moines. Smiley But knowing very little about Iowa, I will say I personally was quite impressed with what I saw of Des Moines on the show, and I can see it being a desirable place for young people looking for a new place to settle. Smiley
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:51 pm

I find this pretty funny and very true. I don't think that most people could understand how big U of Iowa sports are to Iowans. There is a rivalry but I don't think anything is as big as U of I against the world. I live in the Quad Cities on the IL side but have many rabid Iowa fans I call my friends (and relatives). My niece attends another Iowa school but she's still a Hawkeye at heart and I believe she always will be. Once she graduates, I think she will still wear her Hawkeye gear and attend games whenever she can. As Lurker pointed out ISU and U of I are not in the same conference so it's not like the SEC.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #3

+54
Jolena
Linds911
Dot R.
Spencer81
BachfanNY
avitalna
Idlemess
Rolly
onlyme
Bhaka
Ladybug82