SELECT CONTENT

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Page 32 of 61 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:37 pm

I can't really relate to all of it but I do appreciate that this is who she is and she hasn't really gone Hollywood on us yet.

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 32 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Post by nuts2uiam Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:01 pm

albean99 wrote:You're not alone, mindless. I went in there prepared to like her more after reading the posts here but her style of writing was off putting for me and I don't feel I got the real person at all. It's too flowery and way too religious for me. I get that that it's a very important part of her but it's just not something I want to read.

It is easy to write a blog to fit your experiences.  It is harder to fit experience into a previously stated Blog, because your actions may or may not have fit with the written word.  I am also SMH at the words "My story is one of a normal girl thrust into some abnormal situations, with nothing but my faith and my family to rely on."  Perhaps I am being too literal and too hard on Britt, but I do believe in personal responsibility.  Every one of these candidates understands the world of SM before they sign on the dotted line and if they don't that is a problem.  When I hear words like "thrust into" to me it would suggest her appearance was almost accidental, as if they were one girl shy and grabbed her off the street.  She had to sign up and fill out the extensive application and have medical tests done and agree to all the above.  I think this is just one more ploy, like others before her and more coming after her will use to try to stay relevant in all things Bach/ette.  As always, JMO.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:04 pm

bleuberry wrote:I can't really relate to all of it but I do appreciate that this is who she is...  

I also can not totally relate to all of it, each of us is different, at least we can know who she is from what she writes, not from the edit of the shows.
I run into her 2x, she is very sweet, very kind, with a gorgeous smile, beautiful eyes. I was even thinking why more guys liked Kait more for the B'ette, she is very beautiful and kind in person, very sweet. Maybe she cares for people too much, she is the one who likes to help. And for me it's a bit naive  thinking that going into a show like that it could be kinda black and white if somebody is meant for you or not. But everyone grows going through their own experiences.
I think people don't really know what they are going to put themselves through going to shows like that for the first time.
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:28 pm

albean99 wrote:You're not alone, mindless. I went in there prepared to like her more after reading the posts here but her style of writing was off putting for me and I don't feel I got the real person at all. It's too flowery and way too religious for me. I get that that it's a very important part of her but it's just not something I want to read.
I understand what you are talking about, Albean, but she writes about things how they were for her, not for us, trying to fit it into what people would like to read about. I'm just trying to understand her.
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:37 pm

nuts2uiam wrote: I do believe in personal responsibility.

I also believe in personal responsibility, but it took me a while to get there, I was not there at her age.
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:55 pm

I like what she is saying about deciding to save sex for marriage. I never would've even considered that an option until I read what she said. I would've thought, "that is just plain crazy—no way!"but today with two young adult daughters and recently divorced myself and with so many men not committing and in turn playing women because they can because soooooo many women let them because we want ours too, until we want more because we now we really like them and want the happily ever after with this one. But it's too late because they've now lost interest because they aren't able to chase you anymore, the allure is gone—you're caught. 

If more women went back to the type of thinking Britt is talking about in her most recent blog post, there wouldn't be the epidemic I see happening today. I think I need to clarify, I am only talking about the women that want a long term partner. The single women that never want to get married/live with someone or answer to anyone should continue as they are because they don't have any illusions about what the sex means to them. This is all just my opinion as I feel today.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Count me in as one of the minority. I always felt like there was something insincere and calculated about her during Chris's season (particularly the WTA), but I was impressed that she didn't go the BIP and sponsoring product route, like the others. Yet, reading her blog kind of reminds me why I disliked her. It's hard to put my finger on it exactly, but it just comes off as too try-hard, over analytical, flowery, and doesn't really come off as raw and sincere to me. I did like the part about feeling insecure about wearing CVS makeup and a dress that cost less than $100. That part makes her seem real, everything else...not so much.

I did briefly look over her "let's talk about sex" post, which I found a little bit more interesting. I can relate to her anxiety about that and I liked how she came off as nonjudgmental and explained her journey to her current belief system.

All, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:02 pm

I think it is very brave of her to post very personal things. But if it could help someone who is going through the same, especially to think about sex and things like that, then she'll find girls who would be grateful to her for writing about that.
I'm still thinking that The B'ette could be very different if Britt was the one. They are very different with Kait. Maybe it could be more boring and too sweet, but I cannot say I liked it the way it was... Rolling Eyes
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Maddy wrote:I think it is very brave of her to post very personal things. But if it could help someone who is going through the same, especially to think about sex and things like that, then she'll find girls who would be grateful to her for writing about that.
I'm still thinking that The B'ette could be very different if Britt was the one. They are very different with Kait. Maybe it could be more boring and too sweet, but I cannot say I liked it the way it was... Rolling Eyes

I would've loved to see what Britt would've had to offer if she was the B'ette. I've liked what I've seen of her post-show and I think she would've been a much better choice looking back. I can't say I liked the way it was either. hmmm
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:22 pm

bluwavz wrote:
Maddy wrote:I think it is very brave of her to post very personal things. But if it could help someone who is going through the same, especially to think about sex and things like that, then she'll find girls who would be grateful to her for writing about that.

I would've loved to see what Britt would've had to offer if she was the B'ette. I've liked what I've seen of her post-show and I think she would've been a much better choice looking back. I can't say I liked the way it was either. hmmm
Same. Same.  no no
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm still thinking that The B'ette could've been very different if Britt was the one. They are very different with Kait. Maybe it could be more boring and too sweet, but I cannot say I liked it the way it was... Rolling Eyes
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:07 pm

bluwavz wrote:

I feel this way, too.
I liked you're sharing from your two run-ins, Maddy. It gave a nice personal feel to a 2 dimensional face. I am liking Britt a lot more than I did a year ago. Thanks.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 61 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

+95
sparkler
North
Norcalgal
missnana
SafronSahara