SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

classy - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 42 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Diana Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:07 pm

I am hoping Becca can remain this classy and positive. She is such a great girl! She's going to find an amazing man one day.
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

classy - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 42 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Pia1 Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:11 pm

cindebugg wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
Mommyof1 wrote:Tilley says of an enamored Soules (who pleaded, "I want everything you can give me"), "I wished I could have told him what he needed to hear. But it would have been unfair of me. With him sitting there, begging me, it would have been so easy for me to just be like, 'Okay, I am in love with you.' But if I lied about how I was feeling, it was just going to be a disservice to us when it was all over."

http://www.people.com/article/bachelor-finale-runner-up-becca-reacts-chris-decision-whitney

These are Becca's actual words, which seem pretty strong if it was always going to be Whitney.  JMO.

That's the point I was trying to get across. I strongly believe that he would've chosen Becca if she had given him any indication that she would accept a proposal.imo. This is why I admire her more because a person with weaker convictions would've caved in.

But anyway, it's all done with so I'm excited to see what Becca is going to do next. A lot of opportunities will probably come her way and I'm sure that she will choose wisely. imo.

I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't have changed anything.  Becca had quite a few red flags attached.  Logistics, lack of love/life experience, Virgin commitment, not knowing what she wanted and age difference.  I'm not usually judgey about the age thing (my husband has 7 years on me) but you still have to be in the same hemisphere in life.  IMO CH said it best, "He was intrigued by Becca...but you can't be a mature, older man, ready to settle down and have kids with somebody who's never felt the emotion of love; it just doesn't make any sense".

I don't think any of what you mentioned above (which I disagree) would have deterred Chris  from choosing Becca if she was willing. Imo. Let's just agree to diasagree that we see things differently and that's okay.  That's the beauty of this board, we are allowed to express our opinions.  :cutesmile!:

Last edited by Pia1 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:13 pm

eirekay wrote:
kdawng wrote:
Jolena wrote:

The best marriages are partnerships in which each partner compliments the other partner's strengths and weaknesses.  My hubby is brilliant, warm, kind, but he doesn't like the pressure of making decisions or delivering bad news.  He likes me to take the lead, and he contributes to the decision.  It doesn't make him less of a man ~ it just makes him different from what would work in another relationship.  It works for me and it works for him and has for 37 years.  IMO Chris is a lot like my hubby. :cutesmile!:

My Hubby is the same way. He rather me take the lead. :Nod:
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:Can we please bring this thread back around to Becca?  

We may be on different sides this season, but the same next season.  No need to be rude to each other or give the mods more work than needed around here.

thumbsup Yes, I agree!
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:20 pm

cindebugg wrote:

I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't have changed anything.  Becca had quite a few red flags attached.  Logistics, lack of love/life experience, Virgin commitment, not knowing what she wanted and age difference.  I'm not usually judgey about the age thing (my husband has 7 years on me) but you still have to be in the same hemisphere in life.  IMO CH said it best, "He was intrigued by Becca...but you can't be a mature, older man, ready to settle down and have kids with somebody who's never felt the emotion of love; it just doesn't make any sense".

On the bolded, I disagree. Something similar happened to me and my hubby and I have been married for over 7 years. The difference is it didn't work for Becca because this show is like speed dating on steroids. She needed more time. I applaud her honesty throughout the show and that's why I was intrigued with her. It's ok. Hopefully she will find a man who will be willing to wrestle an alligator for her.

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:26 pm

eirekay wrote:
cindebugg wrote:
Pia1 wrote:

That's the point I was trying to get across. I strongly believe that he would've chosen Becca if she had given him any indication that she would accept a proposal.imo. This is why I admire her more because a person with weaker convictions would've caved in.

But anyway, it's all done with so I'm excited to see what Becca is going to do next. A lot of opportunities will probably come her way and I'm sure that she will choose wisely. imo.

I keep coming back to Becca's deep faith.  IMO, Becca's serenity comes from a deeply seated religious faith that I don't see mirrored in Chris.  IMO, even if the relationship had moved forward, this might have been a sticking point for them as a couple.  I think Becca is better matched with a man who echos her deep spirituality.

I don't know if she is and what Chris's faith is, if any. But I do agree that a couple should not be unequally yoked.
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:34 pm

eirekay wrote:
cindebugg wrote:
Pia1 wrote:

I keep coming back to Becca's deep faith.  IMO, Becca's serenity comes from a deeply seated religious faith that I don't see mirrored in Chris.  IMO, even if the relationship had moved forward, this might have been a sticking point for them as a couple.  I think Becca is better matched with a man who echos her deep spirituality.

ITA :yes:
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:37 pm

eirekay wrote:
kdawng wrote:
Jolena wrote:

The best marriages are partnerships in which each partner compliments the other partner's strengths and weaknesses.  My hubby is brilliant, warm, kind, but he doesn't like the pressure of making decisions or delivering bad news.  He likes me to take the lead, and he contributes to the decision.  It doesn't make him less of a man ~ it just makes him different from what would work in another relationship.  It works for me and it works for him and has for 37 years.  IMO Chris is a lot like my hubby. :cutesmile!:

Yeah, I agree. I don't buy into this antiquated belief that all men need to be the leaders, and all women need to follow. Not all relationships are the same, nor should they be!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:28 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
ElonM wrote:
Admin wrote:

Just bumping this up.  Love our girl.  #Classy  :cutesmile!:

She sure is! :yes: I think she looks like Lisa Marie Presley in the photo. Something about the eyes. :yes:
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisbecca Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:10 pm

I was just rewatching Chris and Beccas LCD where they are sitting on the bed discussing her hesitations about Arlington and why she couldnt say ILY. Does anyone know......was this filmed the day before the FRC?

Chrisbecca

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:12 pm

lexforlife wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
lexforlife wrote:Actually the top 5 of this season have all been class acts. I was quite impressed. Where is Auntie's love. I haven't seen her since the finale.
I am around Lex, just had a lot of personal stuff to deal with.  hi Sometimes personal life takes over.
bestbud!
Thank Lex!

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10794

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:33 pm

Just watched her interview on tv! She lookedgorgeous.
Said she only spent a total of about 4 days with chris
She has no r grets about her decision.
She has another segment coming up later. 
http://www.kusi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

+88
isittrue
ThankMeLater
Stacia620
Beach Lover
bluwavz