SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teambecca - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 48 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Chrisbecca Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:21 am

mindless wrote:I don't think there's anything weird about how Becca acted. I think she can just put things in perspective, since she never really entered the bubble. She was sad to lose him, but she'd already prepared herself for it and probably agreed that it was the best thing for everyone. Now it's ancient history and she can be happy for her friend and the guy she cared about. It would be rather selfish to still act upset about his decision (*cough*Britt*cough*).  

I guess i am just way too real....even for reality shows! teambecca - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 48 3806527698 i know 4 months have gone by and shes totally forgotten things she said while she was in the show. Being who I am if I said a bunch of inconsistent things over a period of time, Id really question my integrity. But thats just me a 40 something married woman!

Chrisbecca

Back to top Go down

teambecca - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 48 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Chrisbecca Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:22 am

grace8136 wrote:
Chrisbecca wrote:I listened to her interview.......my intuition is so off or something.  Or she is lying. Or shes an actress. I dont know.   I saw more chemistry with she and Chris than any other girl. I could go on and on about specific times. And even the other night on ATFR.....but that could have just been on his part.  

I dont think she was ready to marry him the day of the FRC but she had said prior to that in Bali (week of Nov 9) that she was afraid once she told him she planned to wait to have sex when she was married, that he would break it off with her and she would be devastated. Then she is talking to Chriss mom (week of Nov 16) and she told her she was miserable a couple days in Bali thinking she was going home and never going to see Chris again. She started to cry at some point.  Then Mrs Soules had to inform her that she is in love with Chris, and she didnt realize it.  LOL  Later that week, on their LCD Chris tells her when she moves to Arlington he has her back.  She then says "i cant wait."  Then....the next day Chris sends her home....she doesnt cry or anything.  Then the twitter pics her sister posted soon after show her smiling.....no distress.

Any thoughts?  What she is saying does not add up!  I think she is either an actress that pretended to be a bachelorette for drama purposes.  Shes lying now to cover for hers and Chris relationship to keep it out of the public or she was a Mole on the show sent in to be an actress to help Chris in some way in this process.

I know I sound crazy....but none of this is adding up!!  Not even Chris and Whitney being happy....they look like friends when they are being interviewed.

I'll hope on the crazy train with you for a few minutes. giggling Go see what I posted in the fan thread.

I will do that in just a few.....

Chrisbecca

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisbecca Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:28 am

BTW, thanks to everyone who replied to my "i think im going crazy" post.  I always to make sense out of everything.....and with this crazy show and all it entails......there really isnt going to be a logical story come out of it!  teambecca - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 48 3806527698 you helped me put that in perspective!

Chrisbecca

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysvictoria Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:47 am

Chrisbecca wrote:I listened to her interview.......my intuition is so off or something.  Or she is lying. Or shes an actress. I dont know.   I saw more chemistry with she and Chris than any other girl. I could go on and on about specific times. And even the other night on ATFR.....but that could have just been on his part.  

I dont think she was ready to marry him the day of the FRC but she had said prior to that in Bali (week of Nov 9) that she was afraid once she told him she planned to wait to have sex when she was married, that he would break it off with her and she would be devastated. Then she is talking to Chriss mom (week of Nov 16) and she told her she was miserable a couple days in Bali thinking she was going home and never going to see Chris again. She started to cry at some point.  Then Mrs Soules had to inform her that she is in love with Chris, and she didnt realize it.  LOL  Later that week, on their LCD Chris tells her when she moves to Arlington he has her back.  She then says "i cant wait."  Then....the next day Chris sends her home....she doesnt cry or anything.  Then the twitter pics her sister posted soon after show her smiling.....no distress.

Any thoughts?  What she is saying does not add up!  I think she is either an actress that pretended to be a bachelorette for drama purposes.  Shes lying now to cover for hers and Chris relationship to keep it out of the public or she was a Mole on the show sent in to be an actress to help Chris in some way in this process.

I know I sound crazy....but none of this is adding up!!  Not even Chris and Whitney being happy....they look like friends when they are being interviewed.

IMO Becca is a very honest beautiful young lady, to suggest she might have been lying is way off base. Take into consideration, between the time in Bali and her last chance date she was pretty much alone other than the MTP date. Sometime during this same time she was informed someone she loved very much and was a big part of her life died----her Great Grandmother.
This had to be a very difficult time for Becca---away from her family, her friends, and spending very limited time with Chris. She was dealing with two very emotional and trying issues. Decsioins regarding am I in love, am I ready for marriage, and OMG, my Great Grandmother died and I am nit with my family. Who did she have---only her handler---who many have said are not your tru friends even if tgey portray and have you believe it.
Don't allow your current opinion cloud and blind you from one of the mist honest young ladies to ever be a contestant on this show.
Please remember this is only my opinion and everyone has and is entitled to their opinion. :cutesmile!:

alwaysvictoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:41 am

What you see on the television is the finished product. Editors spend grueling hours going frame by frame choosing what is going to be shown and what is going to stay on the cutting room floor.
This is after many retakes of one scene have been taken. During the scene, they utilize cue cards, when needed, to get the desired plot line.
So they have a storyline to follow. The date we see on tv totaling 12 minutes actually took hours to film. They do retakes and utilize cue cards, if needed. Then they go back and edit. All of this to get the desired plot.
So the reality of the situation is minimal at best.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Becca is a cool girl and I wish her many special dating experiences and hope that as she progress she will know"the one" and that the time is right.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:36 am

sfrank wrote:In the category of "take this with a grain of salt", In Touch  and US weekly hitting newsstand this week are talking about Chris' FRC decision.
Obviously tabloids will be tabloids so I wouldn't take too much of this seriously...

US weekly quotes a lot from the finale that we saw and their previous article about Chris' decision.
Includes previous quotes from CH and Chris from WTA media day:
-Before proposing to Whitney Chris wept over Becca
-Says logic led him to Whitney although his heart may have felt otherwise
-Chris is happy now and thinks Whitney is prefect for him

In Touch quotes multiple Bachelor "insiders" and people close to Chris:
-Proposal was beautiful and dream-like
-Chris is not in love with Whitney, really wanted Becca for his wife
-He loved Becca and probably still does
-Says Chris felt regret immediately after he let Becca go
-Chris played it safe with his choice
-Chris broke down in front of a production assistant the night before FRC because he didn't know what to do
-PA was holding him by the shoulders and shaking sense into him
-Now he's under more stress because he made a big deal about finding a wife
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Many reality shows may resort to cue cards, but this franchise relies upon producer manipulation ... planting phrases, etc.  

I may have foggy memory, but I cannot recall a single source over the years discussing cue cards.  And I firmly believe their use would backfire utterly for what the producers are sincerely trying to produce as a form of entertainment.

The Bachelor/ette is a mind game genre experience that only works if the Players do not have the experience of seeing much active (i.e., in the moment producing of words, as opposed to setting up shots and lighting etc).  Rather, the stilted conversations are prompted, as the Players are coached about Must Cover topics (and are free to talk about normal things sometimes too, as many consistently report), and pressured to sit, stand, touch, kiss a certain way.  The show is best -- producers would say, not just viewers or critics -- when events unfold rather than play out in a scripted way.

That said, cue cards vs. that sort of "mind game" / protracted manipulation of mood, motive, emotion, etc. is probably a distinction without a difference, as they are so heavily brainwashed to use certain words, phrases, have their own words repeated back to them constantly, etc.!!

Ashley this season had a funny bit where she talked about roaming around the zombie date and seeing all the off the limits behind the scenes "stuff".  If cast get exposed to that side of the house (as Chris H. once said about Bob Guiney), the formula flops big time.

End diversionary discussion of cue cards.  Smiley
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:56 pm

sfrank wrote:
sfrank wrote:In the category of "take this with a grain of salt", In Touch  and US weekly hitting newsstand this week are talking about Chris' FRC decision.
Obviously tabloids will be tabloids so I wouldn't take too much of this seriously...

US weekly quotes a lot from the finale that we saw and their previous article about Chris' decision.
Includes previous quotes from CH and Chris from WTA media day:
-Before proposing to Whitney Chris wept over Becca
-Says logic led him to Whitney although his heart may have felt otherwise
-Chris is happy now and thinks Whitney is prefect for him

In Touch quotes multiple Bachelor "insiders" and people close to Chris:
-Proposal was beautiful and dream-like
-Chris is not in love with Whitney, really wanted Becca for his wife
-He loved Becca and probably still does
-Says Chris felt regret immediately after he let Becca go
-Chris played it safe with his choice
-Chris broke down in front of a production assistant the night before FRC because he didn't know what to do
-PA was holding him by the shoulders and shaking sense into him
-Now he's under more stress because he made a big deal about finding a wife

Based on what we've been shown there is some truth to this. Imo.  Poor guy.  He should 've stood up to TB about not proposing.  Oh well, he's just got to work on what he's got now, or not.  Only time will tell.

If these are  true, then I'm very sad for all parties involved.

Last edited by Pia1 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:56 pm

jlccaz wrote:Many reality shows may resort to cue cards, but this franchise relies upon producer manipulation ... planting phrases, etc.  

I may have foggy memory, but I cannot recall a single source over the years discussing cue cards.  And I firmly believe their use would backfire utterly for what the producers are sincerely trying to produce as a form of entertainment.

The Bachelor/ette is a mind game genre experience that only works if the Players do not have the experience of seeing much active (i.e., in the moment producing of words, as opposed to setting up shots and lighting etc).  Rather, the stilted conversations are prompted, as the Players are coached about Must Cover topics (and are free to talk about normal things sometimes too, as many consistently report), and pressured to sit, stand, touch, kiss a certain way.  The show is best -- producers would say, not just viewers or critics -- when events unfold rather than play out in a scripted way.

That said, cue cards vs. that sort of "mind game" / protracted manipulation of mood, motive, emotion, etc. is probably a distinction without a difference, as they are so heavily brainwashed to use certain words, phrases, have their own words repeated back to them constantly, etc.!!

Ashley this season had a funny bit where she talked about roaming around the zombie date and seeing all the off the limits behind the scenes "stuff".  If cast get exposed to that side of the house (as Chris H. once said about Bob Guiney), the formula flops big time.

End diversionary discussion of cue cards.  Smiley

Thanks, very interesting!! :yes:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:01 pm

It was reported that during Emily 'Ette season cue cards were used for her by several cast. (and then staff)

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Amy Long was on AfterBuzz TV a couple of weeks ago and she claimed the show is actually surprisingly real. Like the producers didn't try to put words in her mouth or anything. Though she only made it to week 3 on Juan Pablo's season, so I doubt they had much reason to push her in any certain direction. But I remember Samantha saying something similar and she was there for 6 weeks.

Obviously they were pushing Becca to say ILY though, but all the more respect for her for staying real!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

+88
isittrue
ThankMeLater
Stacia620
Beach Lover
bluwavz