Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!


Enjoy!

Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Page 5 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 am

welcomeyall appiah01! So glad you're here!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18538
Join date : 2011-03-22

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by ironcat on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:26 am

alsoaktchr wrote:
"Maybe Ben was actually mad because he was humiliated and hadn't really wanted to propose to begin with so being rejected was twice as hard. "

But then what was to be gained? a fiancee you don't want?? <scratching head...>
I do totally get the Bachelor bubble thing and do now see the cupcake love... It is likely Ben does at this point as well. But probably did not at the time. (One of his favorite lines, "Who'd a thunk it?" suggests to me he was totally caught off-guard by the whole Bachette situation and the emotions evoked....) Was Ashley MORE prepared for him to come out and say, "I'm not in love with you, you have my blessings, go find JP and have a great life..."? Doubtful... By the end he was telling her he loved her.... that is a gift no matter how you slice it. She could've given him a gift in return - a preemptive, easy letdown - but was not adequately prepared to do so. Does that make her horrible? no. Am I as a viewer likely to be very disappointed about that? I know it makes me sound unforgiving/judgmental, but my honest answer to that is "Yes".

Just as a point of interest, in the seasons since they started making the man speak first (prior to Deanna's they didn't, although I really don't remember Jen's season at all, so I could be wrong about that; feel free to correct me, anyone who remembers), in all the times when the man has plowed ahead with a proposal without waiting for the woman to respond to his declaration of love first, he has gotten turned down (Jason, Reid, Ben). When he has paused to get her reaction before proceeding (Jesse, Kip, Ed, Roberto, JP), it has gone better for him, in that either he got the confirmation that she was in love with him, and then dropped to one knee, or got told nicely that he shouldn't bother. Does anyone see a pattern here, and do we assume it's just coincidental, and that the producers are not actually orchestrating this to get these controversial results when they can?

ironcat

Posts : 4908
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by clueless on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:clueless and appiah01....Great Posts. rock

Thank you! :D

clueless

Female Posts : 281
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:01 am


"Maybe Ben was actually mad because he was humiliated and hadn't really wanted to propose to begin with so being rejected was twice as hard. "

But then what was to be gained? a fiancee you don't want??
I do totally get the Bachelor bubble thing and do now see the cupcake love... It is likely Ben does at this point as well. But probably did not at the time. (One of his favorite lines, "Who'd a thunk it?" suggests to me he was totally caught off-guard by the whole Bachette situation and the emotions evoked....) Was Ashley MORE prepared for him to come out and say, "I'm not in love with you, you have my blessings, go find JP and have a great life..."? Doubtful... By the end he was telling her he loved her.... that is a gift no matter how you slice it. She could've given him a gift in return - a preemptive, easy letdown - but was not adequately prepared to do so. Does that make her horrible? no. Am I as a viewer likely to be very disappointed about that? I know it makes me sound unforgiving/judgmental, but my honest answer to that is "Yes".

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by bing2262 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 am

clueless and appiah01....Great Posts. rock

bing2262

Female Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-03-23
Location : FLORIDA

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by appiah01 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:53 am

Not to be funny, but this is the Bachelorette. It's a reality tv show. Everyone who goes on this show does so with their eyes wide open. No one deserves to be hurt or manipulated but it is what everyone signs up for. I mean the show is approximately 20 or so seasons in at this point.

Hearing Ben speak makes me think that he was only proposing because it's what you do on this show rather than because he is ready to get married. He did a song called "Cream Dream" 8 months ago. He has brought 1 woman home and has said that this process helped him open up. I think he cares for Ashley but I highly doubt he was ready to marry her. I am not saying she should have let him propose but it is easy to get caught up in the whole process, which is likely what happened to both Ashley and Ben.

Maybe Ben was actually mad because he was humiliated and hadn't really wanted to propose to begin with so being rejected was twice as hard.

No one is really a villain on this show, even Bentley (who is more arrogant and stupid than evil- a bad combo). Feelings may get hurt but everyone gets over it. My generation has grown up with reality tv and everyone knows how it goes on these shows now.

Ashley liked Ben a lot but loved JP. This would never happen in real life but that's the nature of this show.

appiah01

Posts : 9
Join date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by clueless on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:06 am

I have been reading all the discussions regarding who is to blame. Is it Ashley, is it Ben and so on. But my question is, why does there have to be someone to BLAME? In Bentley's case, he was a cad and was obviously handling a situation in a manner that was calculated to hurt AND that was beyond wrong....but Ashley is just a young girl who appears to be trying to figure her life out and making choices (some good, some bad, etc.) and Ben is a young man doing the same. Ben was hurt in the end, Ashley was hurt by hurting Ben....Ashley was hurt by Bentley, JP may be hurt by scenes he sees played out on national television that his friends and family will see...and life goes on and hearts mend and hearts are broken all over again and so on and so on. Smiley

clueless

Female Posts : 281
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 am

And clearly the ends justify the means...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by ironcat on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have never, not once, ever picked the F1 on this show so I’m used to suffering through posts speculating that the relationship with the F2 was one-sided. This year I finally got to see the love story with the F1, but I feel for Ben fans. We have the benefit of watching her time with both JP and Ben and realizing the difference in the relationships, Ben didn’t have that clarity. I don’t blame him at all for thinking he was the one.

Since I’m already on this subject, I’ll also say that I think Ashely is partly to blame for him being blindsided. She lets the guys set the tone - JP is obviously an open communicator, whereas Ben is more of a go with the flow ‘you’ll figure it out’ kind of guy - and she responds to each in kind. On her FD with JP she brings up potential concerns and they talk about them together...competition, the other guys, holding back. On her FD with Ben she doesn’t really ask questions or deal with any obstacles, she just goes with the flow. I think that’s part of the reason Ben is blindsided - she never addressed any concerns (particularly with the process) so he didn't think they existed. Ben says something like they can gauge what each other is thinking...so they are assuming what the other one is thinking instead of talking about it like she does with JP. It’s just totally different. All of this is to say that Ashley could have taken more control over their relationship and handled it better. Instead of just going with the flow she could have helped to navigate their communication a little so that he wouldn’t be blindsided. JP was prepared for heartbreak because they talked about it, but that wasn’t the case with Ben. I'm not saying it's all her fault, but she certainly has a part in it.

You're quite right that Ashley did not question Ben the same way that she did JP, but since she was probably pretty certain from early on that JP was her guy, there would be no reason to discuss her concerns with Ben the way she did with JP, because either it would end up leading him on further if they were able to hash them out, or it would discourage him prematurely, and she knows that the producers do expect her to lead at least one guy on all the way until the final episode, so she's not permitted to do that. In one way, Ben's somewhat naive nature and "go with the flow" attitude made him easier to take to F2 because Ashley was then able to avoid getting into any of those "tough" discussions with him, where she would have been either required to lie to his face, reveal too much and get in hot water with producers, or navigate through them with enough vague answers that it wouldn't have given him any more clarity anyway.

It's not fair, and obviously not real life, but the way the show is set up, it's up to the contestants to set the tone and take the initiative with the lead to get themselves further in the game, so to speak, not the other way around. The lead has certain responsibilities to fulfill, regardless of what they would really prefer to do.

ironcat

Posts : 4908
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by albean99 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe Ben left the way he did because he was embarrassed and shocked at what just happened. I mean it is not like it is only he and Ashley standing there going through this. There are numerous camera men and if MF was standing near by. Until, I see what actually went down or hear how it went down without the magic of editing I can only speculate what Ben was really feeling in that moment of being rejected. JMO

I think he was also completely hurt by this. He worked so hard to open up to Ashley and this relationship and then she rejects him in the worst possible way. I noticed last night in the Ryan clip had Ashley telling him how hard it was for her while sending him home. She should have rethought that with him and also from what we've been told, Ben. It's not about her at that point and I think for some strange reason she thought it would make them feel better but it makes her seem to lack empathy. I'd like to think that's not true so may be just her not reading guys very well.


"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton

albean99
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 11540
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Plano, Tx

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Thomigirl on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe Ben left the way he did because he was embarrassed and shocked at what just happened. I mean it is not like it is only he and Ashley standing there going through this. There are numerous camera men and if MF was standing near by. Until, I see what actually went down or hear how it went down without the magic of editing I can only speculate what Ben was really feeling in that moment of being rejected. JMO
I have to say I agree with this. I don't blame Ashley and I most CERTAINLY don't blame Ben. My heart goes out to him. No matter WHAT he was feeling, to have that happen for millions of people to see is never easy.

Thomigirl

Posts : 1634
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Western MA

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Love_Me on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:49 am

Maybe Ben left the way he did because he was embarrassed and shocked at what just happened. I mean it is not like it is only he and Ashley standing there going through this. There are numerous camera men and if MF was standing near by. Until, I see what actually went down or hear how it went down without the magic of editing I can only speculate what Ben was really feeling in that moment of being rejected. JMO

Love_Me

Female Posts : 32811
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:21 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Final Rose Ceremony - Screencaps - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum