SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 63 of 69 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

single - Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 63 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by WatcheronWall Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:14 pm

TwinkleB13 wrote:
WatcheronWall wrote:I think we need to keep in mind that just as Davina was getting the "villain edit, Jacklyn was getting the "America's Sweetheart-wife material edit" so just because you did not SEE her say he was not feeding her cat or staying with her on camera, does not mean she did not actually SAY it at some point. On twitter today she answered a fan who was begging her to give Ryan another chance saying that she was sorry that we did not see everything.

Jaclyn has conducted herself with class this entire time.  She could be spilling all the gory details and she's said relatively very little other than occasionally agreeing with things other have said.  I think she feels wronged and hurt by Ryan R. but she is not looking to be vindictive or paint him in a (more) negative light because she's just not that way.

I did not say she had done anything wrong, but IMHO neither did Davina and I cannot imagine how scared Jess may be so I would never judge anything she said out of fear or frustration or anger but honestly during the show all we saw was want the edits let us see, which is my point. Jacklyn said on twitter that we had not seen everything so I am going to believe her on that. Jacklyn is being far more forthcoming about her experience now and she has every right to do so. Each of these women are just every day people thrown into a crazy and apparently dangerous in come cases situation with men who were apparently not well vetted at all. Their reactions and comments are IMHO pretty normal and human.

:yes:  The previous is entirely the humble opinion of the writer :yes:
WatcheronWall
WatcheronWall

Back to top Go down

single - Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 63 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by TwinkleB13 Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Each of these women are just every day people thrown into a crazy and apparently dangerous in come cases situation with men who were apparently not well vetted at all. Their reactions and comments are IMHO pretty normal and human.

I believe this to be true about Davina and Jaclyn, but not Jess.

Please note, all of the above is strictly my opinion single - Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 63 1710264613

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcheronWall Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:24 pm

TwinkleB13 wrote:
Each of these women are just every day people thrown into a crazy and apparently dangerous in come cases situation with men who were apparently not well vetted at all. Their reactions and comments are IMHO pretty normal and human.

I believe this to be true about Davina and Jaclyn, but not Jess.  

I dunno Jess appears to be a fairly unsophisticated young woman to me. I don't think she was manipulating Ryan D into abusive behavior and even if she was, I refuse to victim blame, he is the one who was hurling abuse and allegedly making threats. (which I assume to be true given the OP) Did she have some ulterior motive? Maybe. Did she hope to parlay this into a career. That is likely but then the same can be said for both Doug and Jamie and I think Courtney as well. So I cannot really blame her for hoping.

WatcheronWall
WatcheronWall

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleB13 Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:28 pm

I just posted this in another thread and I'm going to share it here in response to what you've just said.  I don't think she was manipulating Ryan, I think she was playing a role that they pegged her to play based on her previous acting experience.  It's a typecast.  

In those first days and weeks Ryan asked her MANY times what was wrong, what she was feeling, and she would always say nothing. If she chose not to speak up, or stand up for herself, then yes, she is to blame.  He had nothing to work with. He didn't know her at all yet. If she said nothing was wrong was he supposed to read her mind and make sure? At that point in the relationship she had no reason to be afraid of Ryan.  They had not fought up to that point (the fight on their honeymoon).  She had camera men all around her that were not going to let Ryan do anything to her in that moment and she still chose to stay quiet and play the victim.  It was an issue in her past relationship, was she also not to blame for that either?  If you don't want to stand up for yourself then you are going to become someone's doormat.  Ryan treated her like crap, but she stayed and let it continue.  This was not someone she had been with for years that was abusing her but she still loved him so didn't want to leave.  They didn't have children together.  She did not rely on him for income and a roof over her head.  She didn't even know Ryan and had no reason to stay and take that treatment.  She had a contract but she also had free will.  I am sure that if the network sued her for breach of contract, they would only have to look at Ryan's treatment of her and the case would be dismissed.  She wanted that pay check and she wanted the exposure.

Just as with the other couples, we only see what they show us and however they decide to edit it. Ryan D. and Jess are both known actors and I believe that's what we got from them this time as well. Ryan D. does have anger issues obviously, and alleged drug and/or gambling problems, but this is also not his first TV show and the producers knew that. They knew that Jess was an actress and I'm pretty sure they saw some of her other work where she played the victim role and thought she'd be perfect for it here. I would probably tend to agree with you more if these were just two random people looking for love, but that so clearly is not the case here.

Please note, all of the above is strictly my opinion single - Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 63 1710264613

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcheronWall Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:48 pm

Well I agree with you on one point she does have free will and she should have walked. HOWEVER, she also had manipulative producers telling her that they would sue her and talking her into staying.  I am sorry, I do not think one moment of these "reality shows" is unplanned or unprovoked.  I think the handlers work in over drive getting the participants to fit into their story line.

edited for clarity

WatcheronWall
WatcheronWall

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:35 pm

As the season wore on (and on and on), Jaclyn was the only bright spot of the entire cast. She was fun and vulnerable and loving and even wise at times.

If this was all just an act and producer manipulation, I don't care. Bring it. I want more of that and a whole lot less of the other crap I saw.

But, I might be in the minority as all those housewives and fighting dance moms seem to still be going strong while I can't make it through one episode.

To steal from another member here, DW_A_MOM, "Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?"
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcheronWall Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:12 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:

But, I might be in the minority as all those housewives and fighting dance moms seem to still be going strong while I can't make it through one episode.

To steal from another member here, DW_A_MOM, "Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?"

Well I agree with you that Jacklyn was the bright spot in this cast, but I think she was helped in that by her "Sweetheart - Wife material edit" not her fault and not taking anything away from her, it was just the role that the producers cast her in. I would much rather have seen three sweet love stories and three happy couples. It was what I was hoping for all along. HOWEVER, the long term success of all "Reality Shows" seems to depend, at least in part, on becoming a train wreck. And that goes for all of them Bachelor, Dance Moms, Honey Boo Boo, Toddlers you name it. What brought me to this one was that I foolishly bought in to the "real" here. I thought the experts were actual experts not just *sarcasm* extras from Central Casting.

WatcheronWall
WatcheronWall

Back to top Go down

Post by nan27 Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Jaclyn made a public post concerning Ryan on her Facebook page.  It's exactly what has been said by many posters.  I don't know how to take a screenshot with my new Chrome computer.  So, I will "copy and paste" her comment.  

Jaclyn Methuen @Stan Cochran- The bottom line is Ryan did NOT want to be with me. It's that simple- he went home most nights and couldn't wait to be done with filming to go back to his comfort zone- aka the basement. My personality absolutely overwhelmed him. I was willing to split my time and even considered moving to LI! He let MONTHS go by without ever reaching out to me. I'm not "bitter" sticking together with my friends who also went through an extremely intense and heart-breaking situation. We're empowered! We're staying strong, positive, and moving on with our lives with our heads held high! Thank you to all of your love and support and who see the TRUTH.

Jaclyn also "liked" a post where I commented that Ryan stayed for the free ride that the show provided. When that ended he went back to his real life free ride: His mother's basement.

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcheronWall Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:29 pm

nan27 wrote:Jaclyn made a public post concerning Ryan on her Facebook page.  It's exactly what has been said by many posters.  I don't know how to take a screenshot with my new Chrome computer.  So, I will "copy and paste" her comment.  

Jaclyn Methuen @Stan Cochran- The bottom line is Ryan did NOT want to be with me. It's that simple- he went home most nights and couldn't wait to be done with filming to go back to his comfort zone- aka the basement. My personality absolutely overwhelmed him. I was willing to split my time and even considered moving to LI! He let MONTHS go by without ever reaching out to me. I'm not "bitter" sticking together with my friends who also went through an extremely intense and heart-breaking situation. We're empowered! We're staying strong, positive, and moving on with our lives with our heads held high! Thank you to all of your love and support and who see the TRUTH.

Jaclyn also "liked" a post where I commented that Ryan stayed for the free ride that the show provided.  When that ended he went back to his real life free ride:  His mother's basement.

This along with the rest we have learned in the last couple of days pretty much, IMHO, confirms most of what NYC LAX said. I for one am willing to assume it is all true now in its entirety even what has not yet, and may never be, proved. And I very much appreciate the insights from her/him and those from JerseyNurse as well!!!

WatcheronWall
WatcheronWall

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicalSofty Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:37 pm

nan27 wrote:Jaclyn made a public post concerning Ryan on her Facebook page.  It's exactly what has been said by many posters.  I don't know how to take a screenshot with my new Chrome computer.  So, I will "copy and paste" her comment.  

Jaclyn also "liked" a post where I commented that Ryan stayed for the free ride that the show provided.  When that ended he went back to his real life free ride:  His mother's basement.

:alltens: perfect - telling it just like it is - how truly refreshing! high five
CynicalSofty
CynicalSofty

Back to top Go down

Post by tireman4 Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:42 pm

From Jaclyn's Facebook page 15 minutes ago..

I feel so bummed you guys are bummed!!! I've been going through this for months, so unfortunately it's nothing new to me. Silver lining- it's not everyday you get a third party perspective of who you are, and it's hard to face yourself! It wasn't easy being so vulnerable and open, but it forced me to be a more self-aware person, and that's what I'm taking from this. I'm also walking away with two new amazing friends that I never would have met had it not been for this, so it's not all bad!

https://www.facebook.com/JaclynMethuenMAFS

tireman4

Male Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by anOldBMW Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:59 pm

She says she's bummed that we're bummed! Can you not love her? :cutesmile!:

anOldBMW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 69 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+114
Quote_Me
Boomshakalaka
sunchick116
stillhoping
tireman4
KallMeKaptious
LMR6862
ahaden
CynicalSofty
sherrie714
TheEyesHaveIt