SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 44 of 52 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 48 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

checkmate - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 44 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by WatcheronWall Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:24 am

KallMeKaptious wrote:
Why when they did their individual interviews during the show did Jaclyn never say, "Ryan doesn't sleep here at night".  Why did the cameras never show him leaving for the night or where he went when he did?  That seems shady to me on the part of the show.

Probably because none of this fit the narrative the producers wanted to present for that particular couple. IMO, the other two couples were probably so obviously disastrous, they couldn't hide it in the editing. Their only shot at something decent was Jaclyn and Ryan R.

I keep thinking maybe she did say it, but it was edited. I think all of these women were edited to fit a story line, like in Unreal, and I think Davina got the worst of it.

:yes:  The previous is entirely the humble opinion of the writer :yes:
WatcheronWall
WatcheronWall

Back to top Go down

checkmate - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 44 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by TheEyesHaveIt Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:29 am

mrbored wrote:
anOldBMW wrote:What a reunion! To me at least Jac and Ryan R are the only somewhat normal of the bunch.

anOldBMW wrote:Jaclyn and Ryan R were on the right path, but the show ended and Ryan just didn't do the effort. He's not a bad guy, not an evil guy (when compared to Ryan D at least) but Jaclyn clearly deserved someone better.

I don't know..I think Ryan R is a pretty bad guy.  True, compared to Sean and Ryan D's issues his don't seem as severe but I think he hurt Jaclyn immensely.  He wasn't honest..same as Sean and same as Ryan D.  He knew Jaclyn hadn't been in a relationship in 7 years and hadn't had sex in years and she even told him that once they have sex she is going to get very attached to him.  And what does he do? He sleeps with her and then basically dumps her.  as soon as they slept together on the show he checks out. He doesn't go with her to Florida on her work trip even though it was mentioned that he could.  He says he needs time alone. When she returns from the trip she even said he didn't call her once while she was away.  He also starts complaining that she wants too much sex, etc.  So I just think he played and used her.  I think he's a real live jerk.  Its just the show edited him better than the other two and Jaclyn was too nice to call him out on all his BS. All my humble opinion of course.

Not minimizing his stuff and I think she's great.... but it had to hurt Ryan that Jaclyn was so vocal about not initially being attracted to him. In order for this kind of marriage to work, you have to suspend a lot of disbelief at the start, and you have to save some of what you feel for sharing later.

TheEyesHaveIt

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEyesHaveIt Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:41 am

Columbia, MD wrote:I'm not sure we have the right to be critical that these marriages did not last.  After all, in today's world, couples go out, learn who each other are, and most of the time live together before marriage.  "Expert help" or not, this is more like a crap shoot.  Any success that comes out of any arranged marriage is unexpected and rare.  I know this practice of arranged marriages is still going on in certain cultures, and kudos to those who make a success out of it.  JMHO

So true.  Culturally, young Americans don't do arranged marriages.  They do 15 years of dating, picking everyone to death before finally choosing a mate for marriage.

Put two people with that cultural mindset together...and they just pick each other to death until the marriage ends.

TheEyesHaveIt

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:21 pm

I have a few opinions. First the thing with the hundred dollars was very much provoking and when he walked off the show thats when I believe he threatened her life and it was heard on mic, when he shut the door for a split second it sounded like a male still talking, which im sure was cut out. I think that is why he posted the pic on IG saying #checkmate thinking people would see it was provoked then she filled the retraining order. Second what about her breaking his watch or watches, that does not sound like the jess that was on tv so what else was done off camera that we do not know about. Then there was davina and sean, not saying sean was innocent but davina didnt think she did anything wrong in the 6 weeks. Eveyone should take a little of the blame in these situations. Last ryan and jac not really sure what went wrong there I dont believe he cheated on anyone but I think he would rather be with his mom and niece, he never wanted to leave in the first place.Jac sure did taje the high road in all of this and I commend her on that. With that being said None of these couples should have been married at all.

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by nan27 Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:54 pm

So, you think that it is reasonable that someone handing you $100 is provocative enough to spew death threats? If Ryan didn't steal the original $100, why didn't he laugh it off? He STOLE the money. He is a loser, who probably didn't sell enough cell phones that week.

Davina went with her gut, which I say was right on. She had every right to be indignant.

Ryan R. has a great setup in his mother's basement. He sure missed out on a great gal. Jaclyn, OTOH, dodged a bullet. She deserves someone a lot better.

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleB13 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:00 pm

I do not think that the incident about the $100 is what sparked the death threats. That filmed in May and the restraining order was just filed on June 11. I don't think she would have waited a month to file it if her life and the life of her family was threatened.

I will say that I forgot that Jessica admit smashing some of his grandfather's watches. Again, this is behavior that is completely the opposite of what we saw and what was portrayed. Destruction of personal property, I believe, is something she can actually be charged with and in light of all of the legal proceedings that are taking place, I'll be curious to see if he counters with something of that nature. Ryan is just all sorts of wrong, but I'm sticking to my guns on that there are things about Jessica we do not know and were not shown because they cast her in a negative light.

Please note, all of the above is strictly my opinion checkmate - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 44 1710264613

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by anOldBMW Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Jessica was not mature at all during the reunion, but can you blame her? Still, Ryan D just went completely insane IMO.

anOldBMW

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:10 pm

No im not saying it is ok to threaten her life at all that is appalling. I am saying She knew what she was doing and what kind of reaction he would have from the first fight. Not saying his actions were excused at all im saying that in my opinion is when the threats were made. I don't think it should be called stealing either as it was joint money. It was evil taking and tossing that money at him. I say when he is wrong or when she is wrong. And right there in that situation I believe they were BOTH wrong. Still im NOT excusing his anger issues.

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:14 pm

I thought that the insider had said that she wasnt allowed to file one until the show was over as it would give it away but she got security detail immediately after the reunion. Also if it wasnt at the reunion then when was it ? They have him on mic saying it, and that was the last show with him on mic.

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEyesHaveIt Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:38 pm

sherrie714 wrote:I thought that the insider had said that she wasnt allowed to file one until the show was over as it would give it away but she got security detail immediately after the reunion. Also if it wasnt at the reunion then when was it ? They have him on mic saying it, and that was the last show with him on mic.

I don't think that is the case....I think it's the divorce papers that she wasn't to file for six months, and that may be a constraint of the state that happens to make for a very convenient update show 'six months later.' Hugesmile

It was Ryan that gave it away -- he's the one that posted a photo of the order.

TheEyesHaveIt

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupchick85 Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:12 pm

I think Jessica gave him the 100 in forum where she knew he couldn't punch her in the eye.

makeupchick85

Back to top Go down

Post by nan27 Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:14 pm

I also recall that Jessica was talked out of filing a restraining order right away. The show agreed to provide security guard protection for her.

Since reality shows are scripted, for all we know, the show suggested that she give him the $100 bill.  I can't really see her doing this on her own.  If she did, the show had the option to cut it.  I actually think that they put it in the finale to cover their butts, to make it look like she has some fault in this, too.

Ryan said that she smashed two of his grandfather's watches.  I don't believe a thing that Ryan says.  Jessica denied it, admitted to smashing A watch, though.  She said that she bought him a new one and that he probably was wearing it at the show.  I bet that he was.

He looks like the type that would try to sell me a cell phone.   Have you ever been in one of those stores?  They are obnoxious.  I bet they work on straight commission.

Last edited by nan27 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 52 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 48 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+86
CynicalSofty
momof2dogs
makeupchick85
KallMeKaptious
TwinkleB13