SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Social Media - Pics - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 23 of 35 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MarriedAtFirstSight - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Social Media - Pics - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Social Media - Pics - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Jadeh Wed May 20, 2015 2:32 pm

I made my comments under the Jess and Ryan section. I found Bee's interview very interesting. But I don't think that it gave insight into the couples (their problems are evident in their interactions) what it did was show how unprofessional Dr. C is. As a therapist he should not be talking out of school. It sounds like a CYA because they failed to assess adequately the issues of at least 4 of the 6 individuals. A 33 on a test is an F. Going public with info that neither we nor the contestants can evaluate on our own is beyond unprofessional. I feel sorry for all 4. None should have been matched, certainly not with each other in a highly stressful environment. I cry foul on Dr. C. Absolutely disgusts me (and I am not necessarily disagreeing with his opinions I just don't think they belong out in the open). All he should have said is that his test failed and the experts did not correctly assess the situation. No wonder to me that none of them want therapy.

Jadeh

Back to top Go down

MarriedAtFirstSight - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Social Media - Pics - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Social Media - Pics - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Vestirse Wed May 20, 2015 6:28 pm

I made this comment in response to a related post you posted on the Jess and Ryan D thread:

Vestirse wrote:I just want to point out that in Bee's interview with Dr C, he said:
It should also be clarified that given the intensity of some of the conflicts that emerged between them, Jessica and Ryan were offered formal counseling to be paid for by production, on at least six different occasions. I myself, very strongly encouraged Jessica on several occasions to accept this offer for formal therapy by a licensed and credentialed treatment provider.

He also said:
We are not these couples' therapists. This is very important to understand and is made very clear to them at the onset. Support, guidance and checking in with them is NOT therapy, nor should it ever be considered as such.

He would not have been the therapist they saw.  The fact that they all turned therapy down did not have to do with Dr. C or any of the other experts since the therapy clearly would have not been with any of "experts".

Vestirse

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed May 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Jadeh wrote:I made my comments under the Jess and Ryan section.  I found Bee's interview very interesting.  But I don't think that it gave insight into the couples (their problems are evident in their interactions) what it did was show how unprofessional Dr. C is.  As a therapist he should not be talking out of school.  It sounds like a CYA because they failed to assess adequately the issues of at least 4 of the 6 individuals.  A 33 on a test is an F.  Going public with info that neither we nor the contestants can evaluate on our own is beyond unprofessional.  I feel sorry for all 4. None should have been matched, certainly not with each other in a highly stressful environment.  I cry foul on Dr. C.  Absolutely disgusts me (and I am not necessarily disagreeing with his opinions I just don't think they belong out in the open).  All he should have said is that his test failed and the experts did not correctly assess the situation.  No wonder to me that none of them want therapy.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Jadeh. We see things very differently and I'm okay with that. Everyone has the right to their opinion. I believe Dr. C has the right to his, as well. He is giving his lens based on his role in this experiment, not as a therapist.

The experts are not therapists for these couples. They do not follow the same set of rules that they do for people they actually see in their private practices. Their primary role is to use scientific data to match people in a social experiment. Dr. C has admittedly talked about the fact that some of the data is flawed and there are many variables they have no control over.

The couples have to take responsibility for their own actions, mistruths and unwillingness to put forth the required effort. They knew what they were getting into. Outside support is offered and paid for, should they choose to accept it. Declining therapy during and after the process is their own choice and has no reflection on the experts, who are not allowed to speak to them or advise them (per their contract) other than in generalities.

We will agree to disagree, but thanks for sharing your opinion and allowing me to share mine.

Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed May 20, 2015 10:07 pm

My rebuttal to Dr. C's clinical stance is that of a professional.  I can disclaim that I'm someone's lawyer all I want, but the fact is if they keep telling me facts, and I keep listening and responding in ways that resemble professional advice, some sort of a professional dependency is created, and in my world and his, it is on the professional to navigate those ethics officially and informally.  The lay people are relying on him and doing what he says because he is a professional psychologist.  They go back to their real lives and implement his ideas.  Other than disclaimers, which are effective legally, why wouldn't any of these individuals think of him in the role of a treating psychologist for all intents and purpose?

Is it lay on the couch and talk about your feelings about your mother for 2 years "THERAPY"?  No.  Is it pretty darn close to conflict resolution, and very professional treatment and counseling of individuals and couples? Absolutely.  He's doing his job the way he often does it with cameras rolling and calling it "NOT THERAPY" by stipulation of the participants.

In short, who is he kidding.  The matches have largely sucked for the participants and for us as viewers, he has the largest responsibility for that because the vaunted assessments missed key information about character, personality, candor, etc.  All this post hac talk reads as damage control for his own benefit. In my opinion.  

Terrible matches, and fingers to point.  

All by way of saying ... BRING ON THE SIX MONTH SHOW!!
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Fri May 22, 2015 1:27 pm

The people who this experiment (be matched, get married, see where you are as a couple after six weeks) might have worked for are probably the ones that ran screaming from the room when it was revealed it was a televised documentary sort of reality show.  As it is, we got six people who were willing to be on a reality show about marriage.

Here is a great article that showed up on my Facebook feed that depicts why theses couples are dome, in six weeks or six months. http://themindunleashed.org/2015/01/social-science-says-lasting-relationships-come-2-basic-traits.html

jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by lorijbaker Tue May 26, 2015 5:31 pm

It seems like we should be getting more information about these couples...no one seems to know whether they have stayed together or not...? Hints please?

lorijbaker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue May 26, 2015 11:50 pm

Just posted this on Jac and Ryan thread..... Now Jac and Ryan are back to flirting and liking tweets about them. So weird. Two weeks ago I would have sworn they broke up. Jamie just tweeted tonight Jac and Ryan are her favorite. Ryan liked it. Smiley Hmmm, at least we will know next week thank goodness! Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed May 27, 2015 12:03 am

^The finale is in two weeks I thought? At least that's what my preview said.

MarriedAtFirstSight - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Social Media - Pics - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 23 87b72b10 MarriedAtFirstSight - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Social Media - Pics - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 23 86669110 MarriedAtFirstSight - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Social Media - Pics - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 23 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Wed May 27, 2015 8:26 am

jlccaz wrote:My rebuttal to Dr. C's clinical stance is that of a professional.  I can disclaim that I'm someone's lawyer all I want, but the fact is if they keep telling me facts, and I keep listening and responding in ways that resemble professional advice, some sort of a professional dependency is created, and in my world and his, it is on the professional to navigate those ethics officially and informally.  The lay people are relying on him and doing what he says because he is a professional psychologist.  They go back to their real lives and implement his ideas.  Other than disclaimers, which are effective legally, why wouldn't any of these individuals think of him in the role of a treating psychologist for all intents and purpose?

Is it lay on the couch and talk about your feelings about your mother for 2 years "THERAPY"?  No.  Is it pretty darn close to conflict resolution, and very professional treatment and counseling of individuals and couples? Absolutely.  He's doing his job the way he often does it with cameras rolling and calling it "NOT THERAPY" by stipulation of the participants.

In short, who is he kidding.  The matches have largely sucked for the participants and for us as viewers, he has the largest responsibility for that because the vaunted assessments missed key information about character, personality, candor, etc.  All this post hac talk reads as damage control for his own benefit. In my opinion.  

Terrible matches, and fingers to point.  

All by way of saying ...BRING ON THE SIX MONTH SHOW!!

Your comment made me think about how often they used to remind us on the Bach that there was a psychologist available to the participants if they were in need of one.  Then we heard that they drive the dismissed participants around in the limo for hours and drill them til they get the sound bite they wanted.  Now, I ask would a "professional" permit that?

nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 7:51 pm

https://instagram.com/p/3ScoNSFQ_f/

https://instagram.com/p/3UTxkejajf/

https://www.facebook.com/JessicaCastroMAFS/photos/pb.1557188727889176.-2207520000.1433026539./1603074363300612/?type=1&theater

Last edited by Steel2009 on Sat May 30, 2015 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 7:55 pm

NEW PREVIEW:

https://www.facebook.com/FYI/videos/vb.334832696659288/581867185289170/?type=2&theater

Last edited by Steel2009 on Sat May 30, 2015 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 7:57 pm

https://instagram.com/p/3UZVRQu_xG/?taken-by=msjcastro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 35 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Social Media - Pics - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+69
Herefornow
stillhoping
aglaea
sherrie714
Boomshakalaka
sunchick116
tireman4
TheEyesHaveIt
justlistening
proudmama
crazychicken