SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GirlPower - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 73 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:31 am

^ Shawn favorited Dr Chris tweet which Dr C tweeted about Caitlyn or Kaitlyn. Tweet was still about lightheartedness and poking fun.

Things are serious with K.
She snapchatted she hadn't slept.
Her blog was late this week.
She said the sl**-shaming was hurtful.
No matter how strong a person, she is going through a rough time.  

Kaitlyn at this time needs support, not a bunch of guys bro-mancing on SM. hmmm

jmho

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:44 am; edited 5 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

GirlPower - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 73 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by charriotoffire Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:39 am

emusha wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Regarding Shawn supporting Katilyn in private? That is all good and dandy but the backlash is coming at Katilyn in public, not in private.

With the spoiler, all F3 could tweet support of Kaitlyn and no worries.

No reason, imo, for Shawn not to even just favorite a tweet in support for her or just in support of women in general.

ITA Good Post exactly...there would be NO problem with ANY of the guys on the whole season to post about no bullying, saying positive things, women's rights whatever floats their boat but generally in support of a woman who they dated that's being chastized in the public eye. the public support is what she needs exactly in the way that Trista, Michelle, Ali and Jillian are giving it to her...heck many people in bach nation can and have supported K why the heck would an F1 be slacking on that when he's obviously referring to her in lighthearted jokes with his buddies??

If he was hurt by what happened (of course still a speculation) with him and K, that means he took the process seriously and not just aiming for the Bachelor gig. Deanna was praised and became a fan favorite when he called out Brad for rejecting her in public, it would have been silly then to expect her to support Brad or ask people not to be too hard on him. (I also didn't hate Nick when he called out Andi and what he did was more than a dig/seemingly malicious tweet.)

I guess we will see if he is justified for behaving like a bitter ex suitor or if its just his way to mislead people.

charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:25 am

emusha wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Regarding Shawn supporting Katilyn in private? That is all good and dandy but the backlash is coming at Katilyn in public, not in private.

No reason, imo, for Shawn not to even just favorite a tweet in support for her or just in support of women in general.

ITA Good Post exactly...there would be NO problem with ANY of the guys on the whole season to post about no bullying, saying positive things, women's rights whatever floats their boat but generally in support of a woman who they dated that's being chastized in the public eye. the public support is what she needs exactly in the way that Trista, Michelle, Ali and Jillian are giving it to her...heck many people in bach nation can and have supported K why the heck would an F1 be slacking on that when he's obviously referring to her in lighthearted jokes with his buddies??

Really good points!

And interesting that Nick has been so supportive of K, women and the Bach journey. One thing in Shawn's defense re: his lack of sm interaction... Nick was not as supportive of Andi last year... Obviously different women/experiences and all... but Nick also didn't have the experience with the show and maybe experience makes one wiser about how to manage SM to paint oneself in the best light?? Maybe Shawn is having a difficult time knowing how to 'play' it all... particularly, as you suggest, if he's hoping to be TB??

emusha, I'm not watching the show yet, but found your mention about Shawn calling Nick a a "piece of sh*t" to K's face really disturbing. To your point, it's so disrespectful of K's journey, I don't understand how SHE could get beyond it.... ?? Time will tell...
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:30 am

No fan thread (yet) so here is the updated link for next bacherlo vote Smiley

You can now vote weekly (list of voters will be reset every Monday after the show!) so people can change their minds!

http://sophienettejc.thedeadone.net/2015/06/01/the-bachelor-2016-who-should-it-be/
(getting tight at the top Smiley )

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:39 am

emusha wrote:

You actually jogged my memory that I posted and felt like Shawn was in another "dimension" in Kait's snap from Tuesday because she talked about not being able to sleep, being hurt by the twitter fans turning on her and then, totally randomly, she announces Shawn has washboard abs. So it's not just Shawn's sm about Kait that is silly and light-hearted, Kait's sm about him is the same way, even when she's going through a tough time. 

So really either way, I think these two must be buddies who are on the same page- either buddies that are dating/engaged/hooking up (f1 type of friends) or buddies that are friendly/fine exes.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:20 am

bleuberry wrote:If he's f1, it would be a fun surprise if he basically never mentioned her. Did Des's Chris talk about her at all on SM.
Correct. Neither did josh. Nor any other f1.
All contestants should keep their thoughts of the season to themselves imo.

She is a big girl who makes her own decisions and should be able to defend them on her own, without her suitors on soc media using stupid hashtags.
Shawn can post or not post what he wants just like the board favorite. It's his journey also just like the other contestants.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:23 am

nd4reality wrote:
bleuberry wrote:If he's f1, it would be a fun surprise if he basically never mentioned her. Did Des's Chris talk about her at all on SM.

She is a big girl who makes her own decisions and should be able to defend them on her own, without her suitors on soc media using stupid hashtags.
Shawn can post or not post what he wants just like the board favorite. It's his journey also just like the other contestants.
But how fun would it be if Shawn randomly started tweeting-

Some of my best friends are women!
I love all women!
#girlsruleboysdrool
#Girlpower

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:32 am

sophienette wrote:No fan thread (yet) so here is the updated link for next bacherlo vote Smiley

You can now vote weekly (list of voters will be reset every Monday after the show!)  so people can change their minds!

http://sophienettejc.thedeadone.net/2015/06/01/the-bachelor-2016-who-should-it-be/
(getting tight at the top Smiley )

Can't stand the thought of Josh from Andi's season. F1 should be banned from being future leads IMO.

I'd much rather see Shawn (if not f1) or Dr Chris.  :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:38 am

Shawn's already mentioned Kaitlyn twice by tweeting her name specifically. So not exactly quiet or just RT/IG-ing. The context is interesting given Kait's edit and backlash.

Still even more interesting how he signed his email as "Bachelor" Shawn (his email is on the first page of this thread) and divulged that TPTB contacted him and asked him to be on the show this season and so he quit his job. Doesn't seem to have one yet either.

I will be shocked if he is not their next Bach lead by the end of all this if he is not F1. It makes sense he was recruited for that reason. TPTB want next-lead candidates on their show more than they want F1s, imo. They cast for drama and next lead potential before they even think about the lead. If the lead falls for a contestant, great, if not it matters not since that's not TPTB's objective.

So I can see Shawn as their Ryan Gosling for less money if he gets the gig. The Notebook references alone if he is lead will be off the charts.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:14 am

AllAboutLove wrote:There are some things that make me question:
... first season promo VO of Shawn saying "How am I supposed to fall in love with a girl who is out with other guys?"
... him saying to the other guys in the past Episode if K wants a guy like Nick, then she is not for him.

Imo, these little things are being kept in the edit, whether spliced or diced.
They are not on the cutting floor and if the spoiler is correct then they serve Shawn and not Kailtyn.
Given how Kaitlyn is being edited, it seems this may be the case, especially if Shawn is being tipped as next lead.

IMO it's too early for the show to be making any decisions about who will be the next lead; they have right until mid September to announce that and they will likely take all of the time they can. That said:

I think the edit choices of what to put in and what to leave out set up a scenario for Shawn to step into the lead role should they decide he's who they want. In particular his line "if K wants a guy like Nick, then she is not for me" strikes me as not organic but something the show "fed" to him to say and it's very much like the setup they gave Ali (who went on to be the next lead) on Jake's season. IMO so far the door for Shawn to be the next lead has been left very much open.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:19 am

I have been busy and mostly skimming through posts, so maybe I missed something, but I did not find Shawn's tweet about Ben offensive. I thought he was actually trying to diffuse the situation and poke fun re: the Brokeback Bachelors.
And I am not even a Shawn fan!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:41 am

nd4reality wrote:

Agree! Good Post
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+76
mprssdbyu
FLChica
traveler90
maniluh
Cecilia