Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 74 of 76 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by SueSt on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:59 pm

@umngirl wrote:
@SueSt wrote:
@umngirl wrote:I can totally picture Nick whining, whether to Kaitlyn, the other guys, or just the producers, but the guys not liking him or "picking on him." That's not a stretch to me.

And let's not pretend Nick's only motivation for going back on the show is Kaitlyn. That's incredibly naive to think IMO.

I'm confused.  What would his other motivation(s) be?

The same as everyone else who goes on this show: free vacation, attention, fame, etc. Nick is not immune to all those things. Heck there could be money involved for him, promise of being on another franchise show, or whatever else.

Theoretically, I get this, but I somehow can't buy it in Nick's case.
Aside from tweeting, he's not taken advantage of any appearances (as his showmates have done) to extend his fame or make money.
His first round around, he was given the worst edit ever, his involvement negatively impacted his family, he had some serious heartache and was vilified in the press...
Going back on the show he is risking it all over again... including job security, rejection, viewer hate, etc...
Would it be worth it to casually put it on the line again for the vacation, attention, fame, etc.. when it's not something he even sought the first time around.
Doesn't make sense to me... but I respect your opinion.
avatar
SueSt

Posts : 3842
Join date : 2013-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by jcrbil on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:04 pm

I am Switzerland on the subject of Nick, but the truth is that any/all of the cast are there because tptb believe they will make good television.... and to them, that is never a simple love story. So, Nick is there because tptb wanted him to be there- at least for one episode. What Nick has given them remains to be seen, but if he doesn't give them good television, most of his time will end up on the cutting room floor.

jcrbil

Posts : 6059
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by SueSt on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:08 pm

@emusha wrote:LOL I don't see nick as flawless by any means and when the "got so cocky shot himself in the foot" thing first came out as a clue from RS -- my first thought was actually that it could be Nick.

I do think he tends to be overconfident and in a group setting he chooses to not pay attention to the feedback around him which is not a good move at least IMHO - He has had the time and space to reflect on how he treated the other guys and also how he was depicted so I'd like to think that self-reflection has helped him stay away from the same kind of pattern this season but I don't rule it out that he might have gotten caught up in the same behaviors this time around esp cos he would immediately have a target on his back going in. I do think knowing that would be where he'd find himself would make him aware of the situation so I'd like to think he'd have a bit of a game plan to try to mitigate the issues... but not out of the realm of possibilities that he'd be blind to it. If he doesn't take on the self-reflection and lessons (which I highly doubt he wouldn't) then I won't excuse what happens...

If that's the case I don't think it's out of the margins of possibility that he'd rub a lot of people the wrong way and might have done that this season round. If he does, he has the exposure enough to know that he's bringing it on to himself.

Unlike his last go-round, I highly doubt Nick is coming on the show for "the experience"... since he's already had it. He's coming on for K.
I think it's going to be a slippery slope for Nick, for sure.
He's coming on in the middle; the guys will resent him right off the bat (unlike last season where he had already formed some strong relationships).
I don't anticipate he's going to slow his jets and play nice, he's there for K... and so the guys will resent him even more.
To your point, emusha, I can't imagine he didn't think it through and I hope he does have a game plan for how to deal with the backlash he's sure to receive... but maybe the plan will be to resolutely try and ride it out like he did last season.???
Time will tell...
avatar
SueSt

Posts : 3842
Join date : 2013-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by jojo47 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:12 pm

@jcrbil wrote:I am Switzerland on the subject of Nick, but the truth is that any/all of the cast are there because tptb believe they will make good television.... and to them, that is never a simple love story.  So, Nick is there because tptb wanted him to be there- at least for one episode.  What Nick has given them remains to be seen, but if he doesn't give them good television, most of his time will end up on the cutting room floor.

I agree with the part that Nick being allowed back for another season is because TPTB believe it will provide good television. We can only speculate what Nick's true motives are. And that may become much easier once the show begins to air!


avatar
jojo47

Posts : 2462
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by notarose on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Sharleen Joynt has now aligned herself with the organization that Kaitlyn supports in her Twitter profile - RawBeautyTalks.

http://websta.me/p/968273017414768154_244621684

It's mission statement is to promote positive realistic  views of beauty - focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses - and aims to send this message to girls & women by having women pose without makeup.  
They also have a petition to stop photoshopping of women in magazines. 
 Wasn't at least 1 of the Bette promo pics photoshopped?  Is the dress blue/green or red?
Doubly sad given Kaitlyn's support to this cause.
avatar
notarose

Posts : 7657
Join date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:21 pm

@umngirl wrote:I can totally picture Nick whining, whether to Kaitlyn, the other guys, or just the producers, but the guys not liking him or "picking on him." That's not a stretch to me.

And let's not pretend Nick's only motivation for going back on the show is Kaitlyn. That's incredibly naive to think IMO.

I agree. People have suggested that Nick would have preferred to date Kaitlyn in private, but he IG'ed his endorsement of her for Bachelorette! So, he obviously was hoping she would get it. He also IG'ed a picture of Andi's meet and greet, saying filming that season was one of the best experiences of his life. So, that means, even after the horrible edit and getting his heart broken, he STILL thought it was a great experience. Maybe it was the friendships, free travel, the fame, the exposure...no one but Nick knows why. Whatever the reasons, Nick enjoyed his time on the show enough to go do it again. I really do like Nick and the fact that he doesn't care what other people think and he's kind of a hard-core romantic, but I get that those same qualities are going to rub other people the wrong way.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by albean99 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:25 pm

chasingpavements wrote:Haha, I'm a Nick fan but I can totally believe that he will do things this season that are considered controversial and will be disliked by half the viewers. RS's sources are pretty good, so I tend to believe that something happened, especially since RS already mentioned that all the guys hate him. If he did tell Kaitlyn that the guys are being jerks to him, I don't think that there's anything wrong with that. kaitlyn's the only friend he has there, and I get the need to talk to someone. If he's a snitch for that, so are Cody and Chris Soules for warning  Andi about Nick, right?

For the record, I never bought the "RS is just jealous" idea; if that were true, he would probably hate Josh and Sean, who are two of the most handsome and popular guys in the franchise.

I don't think RS is jealous of Nick but he sometimes takes a dislike to somone that often doesn't make sense. I remember he was really mean about Nikki from Ben's season who was the sweetest person. I think what happens is that he gets a source from the season who doesn't like a person and he tends to believe them. I'm pretty sure he had sources close to both Josh & Sean in their seasons and therefore he was nice to them. Sean's also from around here where RS lives. This season with Nick coming back and Kaitlyn letting him probably had a lot of guys p/o. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is "whining" to RS about it. He also said all of the guys hated Nick last time although he came back with friends from the show.

I'm sure Nick could have done something other than coming back to make people mad. I just don't happen to have a lot of respect for RS and his opinions.


"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
avatar
albean99
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 12462
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Plano, Tx

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by leselihau on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:33 pm

I think and have thought since I first heard Nick was going to be on this season that he's back for 1 reason and 1 reason only...he wants to be The Bachelor...and I think tptb would like him to be as well. I would not be one bit surprised if he gets a clean edit and then gets cut at F3 just so they can clean him up and throw him in that role.

My money's on that and has been for several weeks now...

leselihau

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by leselihau on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:37 pm

I should also state that I think it's a "brilliant" move on the part of tptb. I think he's a gold mine for reality television and I think that this show is right up his alley. He seems to be a more sensitive guy who's in touch with his emotions...so for him to open up and find love on a show like this could happen pretty quickly. I also think that he's probably pretty easily manipulated...especially since I think that a part of the reason he got so stung by Andi is because tptb were feeding him lines/info behind the scenes.

I think he'd be good as the lead and I think he's a great contestant as well. Wasn't my pick for Andi and not my pick for Kaitlin...but I think he could easily carry a season as the lead.

leselihau

Posts : 513
Join date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Alanna on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:40 pm

@leselihau wrote:I think and have thought since I first heard Nick was going to be on this season that he's back for 1 reason and 1 reason only...he wants to be The Bachelor...and I think tptb would like him to be as well.  I would not be one bit surprised if he gets a clean edit and then gets cut at F3 just so they can clean him up and throw him in that role.  

My money's on that and has been for several weeks now...
I don't think he has a chance of being the lead, tptb are fond of using him for cannon fodder more than anything IMO. I guess we'll see what his edit looks like this season but I would bet he'll be hated once again so I doubt someone they dubbed Tricky Nicky is someone they've earmarked as a future lead.
avatar
Alanna

Posts : 17835
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:41 pm

@albean99 wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:Haha, I'm a Nick fan but I can totally believe that he will do things this season that are considered controversial and will be disliked by half the viewers. RS's sources are pretty good, so I tend to believe that something happened, especially since RS already mentioned that all the guys hate him. If he did tell Kaitlyn that the guys are being jerks to him, I don't think that there's anything wrong with that. kaitlyn's the only friend he has there, and I get the need to talk to someone. If he's a snitch for that, so are Cody and Chris Soules for warning  Andi about Nick, right?

For the record, I never bought the "RS is just jealous" idea; if that were true, he would probably hate Josh and Sean, who are two of the most handsome and popular guys in the franchise.

I don't think RS is jealous of Nick but he sometimes takes a dislike to somone that often doesn't make sense. I remember he was really mean about Nikki from Ben's season who was the sweetest person. I think what happens is that he gets a source from the season who doesn't like a person and he tends to believe them. I'm pretty sure he had sources close to both Josh & Sean in their seasons and therefore he was nice to them. Sean's also from around here where RS lives. This season with Nick coming back and Kaitlyn letting him probably had a lot of guys p/o. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is "whining" to RS about it. He also said all of the guys hated Nick last time although he came back with friends from the show.

I'm sure Nick could have done something other than coming back to make people mad. I just don't happen to have a lot of respect for RS and his opinions.

I don't know...I mean, Jeremy was from around where RS lived, and RS was BRUTAL towards him when recapping Deanna's season. Called him super depressing and a major skirt-chaser/player. He quickly changed his tune when Jeremy befriended him, but, trust me, he wasn't that nice to him before. Same with guys like Wes, Brad, Marcus, etc. I think it has more to do with the fact that Sean and Josh are just really, really well-liked. I don't think I've heard anyone say that they've ever treated anyone with disrespect or that they got caught up in their fame.  RS was still honest about what he thought about him (for example, calling out Sean for kissing Jenna after he got the Bachelor gig; calling Josh out for not dating anyone for 7 years or whatever), but he's never gone after them, like he did with Jef, Arie, Melissa, etc.

And, I think that most of the guys last season DID hate Nick, with the exception of JJ (who was pretty hated himself). The guys ended up being friends with Nick AFTER filming, but that's no different than Courtney Robertson being good friends with the girls from her season now after filming.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Ash2214 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:44 pm

@leselihau wrote:I think and have thought since I first heard Nick was going to be on this season that he's back for 1 reason and 1 reason only...he wants to be The Bachelor...and I think tptb would like him to be as well.  I would not be one bit surprised if he gets a clean edit and then gets cut at F3 just so they can clean him up and throw him in that role.  

My money's on that and has been for several weeks now...

Considering he is coming on the season a couple of episodes in, there's no way he's going to get a clean edit IMO. The guys are going to dislike him, at least in the beginning, for shaking things up especially because Kaitlyn had him stay. All of that is going to be shown. Production cares about drama and ratings. They don't care about the people. I can't forget to mention either that he was heavily disliked all last season.

I think the fact that Chris Soules was the latest bachelor and that Kaitlyn is the bachelorette, it shows that production doesn't want to take a risk in picking a lead that most viewers dislike. It appears that production has some solid choices for the next bachelor. Shawn, Chris, and Jared are three this upcoming season that seem to have potential.


Ash2214

Posts : 6038
Join date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 76 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #2 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum