Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Page 2 of 84 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Kashathediva on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:18 pm

MEandI has a long history at this point, of starting things and then never proceeding to the the next step --what I term follow up, follow through or continuation. She starts something, becomes bored and moves to the project. Shampoo, rinse, repeat. 
MOAA, Southward Apparel was using the tee shirt as a test and their pr team was not happy about pursuing.  It was not a unique design, but a retread. No loss to them.


My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
***Formerly known as her royal highness and goddess of all good and deserving***(HRHGOAGAD)***
avatar
Kashathediva
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 29479
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:34 pm

That's what I'm assuming likely happened with SA too Kasha. Hence why they didn't respond to my e-mail.

I wonder if Andi's Apple will be a similar situation. Maybe they only filmed one or two episodes to see how well it will be received before investing more time and money into it.



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Kashathediva on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:43 pm

I can't blame Southward Apparel dropping her or if the Andi's Apple(which is so insulting considering she hasn't been here 90 days yet). 
She hasn't continued her own blog. 
If she doesn't believe enough in herself to follow something up diligently, why should anyone else? 
Show some merit, show some gumption and tenacity and follow things through. Sharleen's blog All the Pretty Pandas or whatnot lasted longer than MEandI's blog.
I'll tell you what would have been good--someone not a Nicole Miller, but a lesser figure in the industry, saying you want to learn fashion from the ground up? Then intern for me the next year. Do some grunt work and lets see what your made of. Put your money where your mouth is. Work for it. And then do a reality thing showing it.


Last edited by Kashathediva on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total


My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
***Formerly known as her royal highness and goddess of all good and deserving***(HRHGOAGAD)***
avatar
Kashathediva
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 29479
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by kimberlyg on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:58 pm

Her lack of follow-through is why I think she should have just done legal-related stuff while sorting everything out. I mean, there are legal jobs (or legal-related jobs) that would still allow her some time to take design, merchandising or marketing classes to see if that's what she really wants and more importantly to see if it's something that she's good at.

The further she gets from her law degree, the harder it's going to be to go back without major connections; and the harder it's going to be to pass another state bar exam. Even if she didn't want to go back to law, the first thing she should have done when Josh dumped her and she decided to move to NYC was to sign up and start studying for the NY Bar Exam -- even if just as a back-up.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789
Join date : 2015-04-05
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Kashathediva on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:21 pm

@kimberlyg wrote:Her lack of follow-through is why I think she should have just done legal-related stuff while sorting everything out.  I mean, there are legal jobs (or legal-related jobs) that would still allow her some time to take design, merchandising or marketing classes to see if that's what she really wants and more importantly to see if it's something that she's good at.  

The further she gets from her law degree, the harder it's going to be to go back without major connections; and the harder it's going to be to pass another state bar exam.  Even if she didn't want to go back to law, the first thing she should have done when Josh dumped her and she decided to move to NYC was to sign up and start studying for the NY Bar Exam -- even if just as a back-up.
She had very little legal experience post graduation. 10 months from Nov 2012 to Sept 2013.
Right now hiring attorneys especially in the NYC area is difficult. MY s-i-l is in his 7th yr litigation with an international NYC firm and has had head hunters looking for him for awhile. It's dog eat dog out there. 
I can't imagine even if she was doing minor intern type work having time to take courses, unless online. 
I don't think she is interested in pursuing law anyway. That was another tried it, ugh, ok, next. Kind of like trying a type of sushi she doesn't like and saying: OK I tried it, I don't care for it, now I know.


My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
***Formerly known as her royal highness and goddess of all good and deserving***(HRHGOAGAD)***
avatar
Kashathediva
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 29479
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Linds911 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Laudergirl wrote:That's what I'm assuming likely happened with SA too Kasha. Hence why they didn't respond to my e-mail.

I wonder if Andi's Apple will be a similar situation. Maybe they only filmed one or two episodes to see how well it will be received before investing more time and money into it.



The t-shirts was a one time thing, seems now she's (maybe?) trying out with the Ash&Dan's company. She changed her Twitter pic to one from the photo shoot & the photos are still on their website. Andi's Apple is going to be a web-series and I don't see a whole lot of episodes happening. She hasn't promoted it yet though hmmm


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
Linds911
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 8523
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 27
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:08 pm

@Kashathediva wrote:I can't blame Southward Apparel dropping her or if the Andi's Apple(which is so insulting considering she hasn't been here 90 days yet). 
She hasn't continued her own blog. 
If she doesn't believe enough in herself to follow something up diligently, why should anyone else? 
Show some merit, show some gumption and tenacity and follow things through. Sharleen's blog All the Pretty Pandas or whatnot lasted longer than MEandI's blog.
I'll tell you what would have been good--someone not a Nicole Miller, but a lesser figure in the industry, saying you want to learn fashion from the ground up? Then intern for me the next year. Do some grunt work and lets see what your made of. Put your money where your mouth is. Work for it. And then do a reality thing showing it.

A web series with Andi interning in the fashion industry is something I would actually tune in for. That would be so much more appealing to me than her being filmed eating out, shopping, and talking about men.  I've already watched her date men on two previous shows, and I really don't care to again. This would show a completely different side of her.  Plus her intern experience could actually get her somewhere in the fashion business. She would be working towards a future career vs. just being on a reality tv series which would likely be short term.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Kashathediva on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:14 pm

I might, too, Laudergirl. :Nod:
What I saw on the short Andi Apple thing is simply what any singleton does that lives in NYC, only the majority of them are doing it in their spare time/time off vs as an identity. 
What she is trying to do to a lesser degree reminds me of Ben Aaron. I don't think it's working well for him, getting the label desperate.
link


My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
***Formerly known as her royal highness and goddess of all good and deserving***(HRHGOAGAD)***
avatar
Kashathediva
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 29479
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by kimberlyg on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:36 pm

@Kashathediva wrote:
@kimberlyg wrote:Her lack of follow-through is why I think she should have just done legal-related stuff while sorting everything out.  I mean, there are legal jobs (or legal-related jobs) that would still allow her some time to take design, merchandising or marketing classes to see if that's what she really wants and more importantly to see if it's something that she's good at.  

The further she gets from her law degree, the harder it's going to be to go back without major connections; and the harder it's going to be to pass another state bar exam.  Even if she didn't want to go back to law, the first thing she should have done when Josh dumped her and she decided to move to NYC was to sign up and start studying for the NY Bar Exam -- even if just as a back-up.
She had very little legal experience post graduation. 10 months from Nov 2012 to Sept 2013.
Right now hiring attorneys especially in the NYC area is difficult. MY s-i-l is in his 7th yr litigation with an international NYC firm and has had head hunters looking for him for awhile. It's dog eat dog out there.

Oh, I'm a lawyer at a firm like your SIL's and I agree it's very tough.  I was thinking for Andi more like a small firm/solo attorney doing very basic attorney work for or possibly at the NYC Law Department or for Civil Legal Aid or doing contract document review or otherwise working for a document review company, or working in legal recruiting (i.e. as a headhunter or in a recruiting department of a firm).  I wasn't thinking of her being an attorney at a major firm, which she is very much not qualified for with her credentials.  It's not necessarily easy to get those jobs either, but it's not like she didn't have time to at least try while she was sitting on Kelly's couch all day for months.

ETA: Wasn't one of the old Laguna spinoffs about what of the cast members going to NYC to intern in the fashion industry? I want to say it was called "The City" or something like that. But I'd watch a show about Andi interning and learning the fashion industry and trying to figure out what she wants to do as opposed to going to the gym/dating/going out in NYC, which is basically what I do in my everyday life laugh out loud.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789
Join date : 2015-04-05
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by umngirl on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:19 pm

^That is what is was called and it followed Whitney when she moved to NYC. I can't remember is that was when she transitioned into PR, was at a magazine still, or interned for a designer. It was a good show though. I watched it.

I can't say I would watch anything with Andi in it for the simple fact that I don't find her serious about any of it. I think she wants to live like a socialite and get paid to do that. I just don't respect that kind of living.
avatar
umngirl

Female Posts : 19473
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 27
Location : On a Volleyball Court

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by emusha on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:44 pm

agree that her working her way though an internship would be much much better/more compelling material for a show that ppl actually want to watch. I think Andi thinks she might be "above" that and she might be trying to break through at a non-intern level cos her limelight affords some privileges...not at all sure if that's close to being true. k jenner (i forget her name just know it starts with a k and she's younger than the other kardashians) was trying to break into the modeling industry and she had to work reallyy hard at it to be taken seriously and her reality show life actually worked against her at first with ppl looking down on what "merit" she has as a model but she kept at it and somehow ppl started to see her sm followers as an asset

interestingly ... that rumor that Andi was after the fame seems to be true -- there was that rumor that she was very much liking the socialite factor she'd be getting from Josh and the rest of the Murray's ...and that was part of the reason she picked him going after the limelight... her actions have seemed to point in that direction even after her break up thought I do think she was also very much "in infatuation" with him as well - in any case we'll never know her true motivations -- only time will tell
she does seem** to need a huge dollop of humble pie and maybe NYC will serve that to her once the going gets tougher...and the limelight fades -- it's her perogative to enjoy it while it lasts after all

I think the people who keep the limelight on them actually "work" pretty hard at it going out there looking for the limelight... andi seriously needs to talk with ali though cos their experiences parallel the most where both were after breaking into a new field they had no experience in and were trying to swoosh in on the momentum of their bette experience. the other bettes had concrete skills like fashion design/interior design etc. etc.
avatar
emusha

Posts : 5656
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by GuardianAngel on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Moved from the Fan thread.

y reason Today at 9:40 pm

She has a cold heart that is why the guy left I thought she learn something from that. Time for her to #STFU #BEGG



___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip RIP



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

PINKHEART
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43937
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 84 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum