SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Page 64 of 77 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 70 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LOVEWINS - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 64 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:14 am

Top Shelf: don't worry about Nick not being F1.

If anything, when it comes to this show, not being F1 is a blessing in disguise.

F2 looks good on Nick... and as he said himself he only wants to be with a girl who wants him as her only choice and not as an option.

So while the ending would be great if Nick was the perfect and only choice for Kailtyn the fact that Nick is not her F1 is a good thing because why be stuck with someone that doesn't believe Nick is the best fit? He deserves to have someone choose him above the others. All people do.

jmo

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

LOVEWINS - Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14 - Page 64 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

Post by notarose Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:15 am

I'm finding this entire season to be a rose thorn ridden.

There are essentially two stories: The Bachelorette, Nick. In the Nick story we have a man who turned his world upside down because after supporting a friend in her decision to become lead on a tv show, he realized the potential for a "forever" with her could be lost to him.  He decided that couldn't be taken away from him unless it was she who denied him. 
Since that conversation on a NY street, he has shown how strong his conviction is - submitting to twice being subjected to questioning by people who don't know him but judge him yet he answered deeply personal questions calmly perhaps thinking the less he agitated the others, the less repercussions she would have to deal with; has shown his value as a friend - how he waited for her to retell her altercation with Ian then how he brought lightness and reinforcement by not bashing Ian but instead telling her he liked depth but remained because he believed in her and praising her for what she brought to him; and how his belief that she is the "fun" partner he imagined her to be translated into a 1-1 date that any couple would find memorable not just because of the physicality but because it was playful, tender, and inspired him to tell her that his heart was at that point where he wanted to "figure it out" with her. 
It is such a contrast to The Bette story, the one with guys telling her or us they are falling in love without us hearing what they know about her as a person or what qualities they are drawn to, and a story of many questioning her choices or requesting validation without us been given any sense of how they validate her. It is the same old story of kissing frogs, of heroes and villians, of strangers in the night kissing in the shadows.
Not all love stories have a happy ending however the love in those moments when it is realized is authentic and awesome - a sliver of shimmer in a dull world of ordinariness. I really really like the Nick & Kaitlyn love story. I stand by its power to illustrate that risk for love at its fullest opens the heart and mind in a way nothing else can. I immerse myself in wonder of those moments. I've removed myself from "the outcome" because otherwise I think I would have missed the beauty of K&N's interaction. Love lost or love lingering, I am watching retroactively but savouring "in the moment"... one step at a time.

As to The Bette story, it's just a TV show.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:43 am

notarose wrote:(snipped) I stand by its power to illustrate that risk for love at its fullest opens the heart and mind in a way nothing else can.

Ahhh, NR... yes
There are many facets to love and whether a specific battle is won or lost, us hopeless romantics all stick around to see who wins the war in the end.
In Nick's case if this means waiting beyond this silly tv show, I think there are a lot of us that are in!
And the likely conclusion brings to mind another one of my favorite movies, Shakespeare in Love, with a 'similar' poignant ending.

Strangely enough, it all turns out well.
How?
I don't know, it's a mystery.

Or if you prefer think the Sound of Music.
You'll never walk alone:

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:04 am

^^ Smiley Sue yes 

"Oh, the comfort — the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person — having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.”  - Dinah Maria Mulock Craik (A Life for Life)

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:23 am

To your beautiful thoughts I will add mine of one great date does not a relationship make. To me they are that sweet, short affair that you remember fondly, but was never meant to last.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:33 am

Someone posted this in the other Nick thread, and for me, I thought it was very insightful.
Bringing it over:

"I think Nick is looking for a more, hmmm, equal (?) relationship; otoh, Kaitlyn seems to be looking for a man where she can be super silly and carefree and he'll take care of both of them. Jmo."

Another reason why I don't think K & N are a good match.

EDIT:

New Nick Tweet:
"Nick Viall ‏[ltr]@viallnicholas28[/ltr]  8m
8 minutes agoChicago, IL
Congratulations to equality #lovewins"

Congratulations USA! Hopefully australia can join you there soon Smiley

Last edited by happydays on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:36 am

^ Yup. Imo, Nick wants an equal partnership in a relationship. He doesn't want to be anyone's alpha/beta.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:04 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:^ Yup. Imo, Nick wants an equal partnership in a relationship. He doesn't want to be anyone's alpha/beta.

:yes:  Nick said as much in his old ABC bio.  Something about a woman who would challenge him but give as much as she receives.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:09 pm

I have watched every season of this show in hopes of seeing the romance.  Back before social media I was joyous over Trista choosing Ryan, the renaissance man, because they had it even though Charlie was being touted as her guy in media at the time. I don't remember a thing about Charlie except they were reported to have been seen in a car together after filming. While Ryan wrote her poetry and gave her a whale after their dolphin date & was just the cutest when asked if he wanted to go to the fantasy suite, check waiter.Since then JP drew me with Ashley they were so cute together loved their moments under the umbrella and him carrying her back to the rose ceremony, & the cable car ride in Hong Kong. For the most part though I tend to favor the final 2 or 3 guy interactions with the lead. Loved Reid and Jillian ice castle date and their banter about eating unwashed vegtables, they had fun together and I couldn't for the life of me see what she saw in drunk unfaithful Ed other than tall dark and handsome that was number 1 on her list. The edit seems to show the final 2 guy's relationship in the best light instead of final 1 for the surprise factor. Arie and Emily come to mind as another couple with a hot romance.
          So for that reason alone I am prepared for Nick not to be Kaitlyn's final guy since from the first moment he came back for her everything has centered around their romance with Shawn acting entitled and being a brooder in the background. Maybe K & S best moments are to come but I'm not holding my breath, they will probably end up on the cutting room floor. In spite of show history I hold out hope for the underdog and this season it is Nick with his late arrival and previous reputation to overcome that is his challenge. Versus Shawn and his love at first sight with the challenge can I trust her or do my walls go back up. Nick's story with K is just more compelling to me and I am enjoying it while I can.
Another note ,his recent tweet with hashtag "#lovewins" mighty interesting way to put it. hmmm....see I remain ever hopeful

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:11 pm

Okay so this is a strange question: but are a lot of fans of Nick not American? Because it seems like a lot of fans of his in this thread are from overseas or have traveled or have a global-world view. I wonder if that has something to do with why the type of person Nick is doesn't resonate as much with the viewers of this show? He is definitely not the typical American guy that goes on this show, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Luvstruck wrote:I have watched every season of this show in hopes of seeing the romance.  Back before social media I was joyous over Trista choosing Ryan, the renaissance man, because they had it even though Charlie was being touted as her guy in media at the time. I don't remember a thing about Charlie except they were reported to have been seen in a car together after filming. While Ryan wrote her poetry and gave her a whale after their dolphin date & was just the cutest when asked if he wanted to go to the fantasy suite, check waiter.Since then JP drew me with Ashley they were so cute together loved their moments under the umbrella and him carrying her back to the rose ceremony, & the cable car ride in Hong Kong. For the most part though I tend to favor the final 2 or 3 guy interactions with the lead. Loved Reid and Jillian ice castle date and their banter about eating unwashed vegtables, they had fun together and I couldn't for the life of me see what she saw in drunk unfaithful Ed other than tall dark and handsome that was number 1 on her list. The edit seems to show the final 2 guy's relationship in the best light instead of final 1 for the surprise factor. Arie and Emily come to mind as another couple with a hot romance.
          So for that reason alone I am prepared for Nick not to be Kaitlyn's final guy since from the first moment he came back for her everything has centered around their romance with Shawn acting entitled and being a brooder in the background. Maybe K & S best moments are to come but I'm not holding my breath, they will probably end up on the cutting room floor. In spite of show history I hold out hope for the underdog and this season it is Nick with his late arrival and previous reputation to overcome that is his challenge. Versus Shawn and his love at first sight with the challenge can I trust her or do my walls go back up. Nick's story with K is just more compelling to me and I am enjoying it while I can.
         Another note ,his recent tweet with hashtag "#lovewins" mighty interesting way to put it. hmmm....see I remain ever hopeful

Great post luvstruck.
Nick is just a more compelling person... therefore leads to the possibility of a more compelling love story!! yes
Stay ever hopeful... the best is yet to be for our Nick!!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:22 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Okay so this is a strange question: but are a lot of fans of Nick not American? Because it seems like a lot of fans of his in this thread are from overseas or have traveled or have a global-world view. I wonder if that has something to do with why the type of person Nick is doesn't resonate as much with the viewers of this show? He is definitely not the typical American guy that goes on this show, imo.
Interesting observation AAL.
He's certainly not the typical meathead! giggling
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 77 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 70 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - ***SLEUTHING - SPOILERS*** - Thread #14

+50
glazedover
TheWrongReasons
emad0722
DMBFan
BowenAnderson
raekae
Mia_Leoni
california90
Norcalgal
Longhornfan
nikikass