SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 20 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Lucas15 Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:36 am

agentcurls wrote:I think Shawn is just being assertive. On the surface, he may look laid-back and the calm & cool type, but simmering under all that may be a super passionate man who is not afraid to go after what he wants.

If that means being forthcoming about his feelings, Kaitlyn might appreciate that.
He could be the cathartic type, in which case, maybe Kaitlyn and him are 2 peas in a pod. At least he knows how to communicate.

I was actually quite impressed with how Shawn communicated to Kaitlyn last night. Yes - he has a boiling point (we all do) but he kept his thoughts and feelings on simmer until the right time and place when he expressed them - even knowing that they weren't what Kaitlyn wanted to hear. It's very difficult to be honest about your feelings when you know that what you feel is something your partner doesn't want to hear and if taken wrong could anger.

Developing and maintaining a committed relationship depends on both partners communicating how they feel about the other - and how the actions of the other impact them; if this is done then feelings and behavior tend to align over time. People change not because they are forced to change but because they want to change when they want the relationship to work.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:02 am

I thought Ashley H was crazy to be with JP after the anger "issues" I saw on that season. Well I was wrong.

This format for falling in love is one of the worst that I can think of. It cannot be easy to have feelings and not express them somehow. Particularly with how the season appears to be unfolding.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:08 am

nd4reality wrote:I thought Ashley H was crazy to be with JP after the anger "issues" I saw on that season. Well I was wrong.

This format for falling in love is one of the worst that I can think of. It cannot be easy to have feelings and not express them somehow. Particularly with how the season appears to be unfolding.
I agree and liked your post. 
Personally, I take the whole idea of "anger" with a grain of salt on this show. I never saw JP with anger issues. I don't see it with Shawn either. I see it as more editing magic on a situation a cast person is bound/gagged and frustrated.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:23 am

Kashathediva wrote:Personally, I take the whole idea of "anger" with a grain of salt on this show. I never saw JP with anger issues. I don't see it with Shawn either. I see it as more editing magic on a situation a cast person is bound/gagged and frustrated.

If they want to show anger they will say things and do things to make someone angry and edit it to appear that they are angry about a situation on the show when they may have been angry because someone backed into their car in a parking lot because they weren't looking where they were going. Such is the magic of editing.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:24 am

Kashathediva wrote:
nd4reality wrote:I thought Ashley H was crazy to be with JP after the anger "issues" I saw on that season. Well I was wrong.

I agree and liked your post. 
Personally, I take the whole idea of "anger" with a grain of salt on this show. I never saw JP with anger issues. I don't see it with Shawn either. I see it as more editing magic on a situation a cast person is bound/gagged and frustrated.

I was one of those who thought that JP was too controlling and was wrong for Ashley. Now I know it was editing and he was probably just frustrated with the process. That's what I see with Shawn also.

I didn't think Shawn was "yelling" at Kaitlyn in that preview. He seemed to me just feeling strongly about what they have and is telling her.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15324

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:11 am

I hope Kaitlyn is happy with Shawn but for the life of me I don't see what everyone else sees in this guy. He has a great body but his looks do nothing for me and I don't see a lot of depth there. Lots of guys in this group to me are much cuter. To each his own I guess. And I get the competiton thing but his reaction to Nick seems a bit immature...he can't even say his name? What????
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:19 am

I think his reaction to Nick is manipulated and due to "the bubble". I think the not saying his name is COMPLETELY producer driven.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:34 am

I am trying to love Shawn for "Kaitlyn's sake".  I want her to be happy and he seems to make her so.  But, I am having a hard time with the rock solid walls that he has up a large amount of the time.  He keeps his emotions locked down tight.  
It might just be the editing magic, but I agree with a few of the other posters about his seemingly boiling anger just under the calm, serene surface.  This show can and does get to the best of contestants, so his outburst next week (as seen in the preview) is likely just bottled up emotion with no good place to express it.
I was happy to see him let his guard down last night to tell her with sincerity how much he is starting to care for her.  He was not faking it and that much was clear to me.  So it seems to me that he is starting to pull the walls down to reveal the real Shawn to Kaitlyn, which is encouraging.  
It may be that due to sex-gate (if Shawn is pre-FS guy), that Shawn starts to feel so comfortable with Kaitlyn that he is able to have a heated discussion with honesty and without fear that she might send him home.  That would be encouraging because it would speak to the reality of their relationship...that they are able to weather a real life discussion whether it be positive or negative in nature.  This type of honest, geninue discussion would validate what the snapchat spoiler says...that in the end Kaitlyn and Shawn have weathered their "journey" successfully.  That is the type of relationship that I can get behind.  Here is to hoping!:yes:

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:18 am

In love Shawn more and more each week.  Aside from the voice and hotness, I find he communicates really well with Kaitlyn.  I agreed with every word he said to her at the NYC RC.

And On their date I saw a guy who has a sensitive side he probably hides a bit with his laid back exterior (I think many sensitive men do) and was struggling to truly get to a vulnerable place with Kaitlyn in a not so private setting because he really does have feelings there.  

I'm getting to where I'm worried Kaitlyn is going to hurt Shawn or mess this up so that their ending doesn't feel like a happy one, and I think he deserves much better, so I'm nervous about what's coming.

ETA - I think his reactions to Nick have been spot on for a guy interested in a girl in this setting. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:36 am

Facially, Shawn isn't my type at all (although somebody said he is more handsome in person?), but his body is insane, and he definitely exudes a very masculine sexual vibe, which is further enforced by the deep growly voice, that I think has got Kaitlyn hooked. And apparently he smells great. Hugesmile Looks-wise, he is such a contrast to Howdy Doodyish Nick.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:40 am

Random Shawn SC I grabbed while waiting on the preview to load.  Anyone wants it for an avi, feel free to use it.

bachelorfamily - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 20 5a40c63d696d11be48c2e686191a2db5_zpsv2deuzcd
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:38 am

Congrats to Shawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+84
emptysquares
Emilia23_12
fashionista84
eirekay
lurker11