SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 19 of 63 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 41 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:17 am

stillhoping wrote:I admit I think Shawn is HOT, I love his deep voice.

I hate when they make these hot guys look stupid and weird, like the diaper wrestling match ,
or the funny Marachi outfits - ugh

But look at the top picture on the forum...all the guys in suits and sports jackets, looking super super hot
Yeah, I have been looking at that pic and loving it YUM

I'm glad that you are enjoying that picture. I thought it was the hottest picture that I have seen this whole season and that was why I had to have it in the banner. Of course, I had to balance it out and so you got the mariachi band. Just be grateful that I didn't pick the one of the guys in their sumo outfits!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Lucas15 Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:37 am

chasingpavements wrote:Bob Guiney back in 2004! I forget the exact details, but I think it had something to do with Bob using the Bachelor to promote his music?

Very good memory! It was Bob Guiney and it was over his use of The Bachelor to promote a music CD. More details can be found here but a few excerpts:

Sometime following the conclusion of his “Bachelor” season, Guiney with his record label, Wind-Up Records, began promoting and marketing his music CD. The “Bachelor” producers at that time were named AND Syndicated Productions (ASP).

According to the December 23, 2003 Order denying Plaintiff’s ex-parte application, Guiney signed an agreement with ASP containing an Exclusivity Provision:

I agree that for a period commencing on the date of this Agreement and concluding six (6) months after the date of the initial broadcast of the Series episode in which the Bachelor reveals his decision regarding the final Bachelorette (hereinafter the “Initial Exclusivity Period”), I shall not appear on or authorize production of or participate in any way with any other television programming, the development of any other television programming (including but not limited to negotiation with third parties regarding the development of any type of programming), radio programming, print media, on-line services, or any other media outlet now known or hereafter devised (including, but not limited to the internet [including chat rooms, message boards, etc.])

The article goes on to describe the legal proceedings and the back and forth of the various rulings in the case which are probably boring and hard to follow but this is interesting:

But ultimately, I regard the Bob Guiney settlement as a win for Guiney. He was able to successfully move on with his life and freedom with little fear from the “Bachelor” producers.
It should not be a foregone conclusion that Hollywood would automatically win in a lawsuit against the “average” man as is the case of Carbone. Bob Guiney and his lawyers proved that.

In essence Guiney won the law suit!

IMO there's a couple of points this previous case shows that bear remembering:
1 - The contract that leads and contestants sign may not necessarily be enforceable if you have a good attorney to argue your case; the show is not necessarily going to prevail in court - at least they didn't with Guiney nor in two law suits against Carbone (RS).
2 - In the Guiney case the exclusivity clause didn't survive. The $5,000,000 liquidated damages clause might well not survive the rigors of a full court examination either - it's more of a scare tactic that hasn't yet been put to a test.
3 - The paragraph in italics is a direct quote from Guiney's contract. Any kind of law suit the show would bring to enforce the contract will result in the terms of the contract being made public and the publicness of the contract could cause more damage to the show than any breach of it by a contestant. This is IMO an ugly contract and they do not want it made public.
3 - The law suit resulted in publicity that didn't favor the producers - IMO they looked like the bad guys going after someone who is just trying to live a normal life - and this was without a good PR effort behind Guiney. Even if the producers might win in court (which doesn't look all that good based on the Guiney case and the two Carbone cases), with the right PR firm representing a contestant the producers could lose in the "court of public opinion" and that loss would IMO be much grater than any leak from a contestant.
JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:03 am

Chasingpavements, with all of that info and Sharleen's blog, it does shut down any ideas that Nick came on for any reason other than for Kaitlyn. Thank you for resolving that in my head!

Lucas, great info about the lawsuits. Thank you for posting it. You and CP have convinced me that this is one conspiracy theory I can lay to rest! giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Sprite wrote:

I'm glad that you are enjoying that picture. I thought it was the hottest picture that I have seen this whole season and that was why I had to have it in the banner. Of course, I had to balance it out and so you got the mariachi band. Just be grateful that I didn't pick the one of the guys in their sumo outfits!

Thanks for making that nice header...and thanks for leaving out the "diapers" haha

When I come to this forum it is "eyes right" so I can enjoy that HOT picture of the guys thanks
stillhoping
stillhoping

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Question....do we know for sure if Shawn finds out during the season that K slept with Nick? If so, which episode?

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:25 pm

nutty1 wrote:Question....do we know for sure if Shawn finds out during the season that K slept with Nick? If so, which episode?
According to what has been posted it seems to be tonight's episode. MF had tweeted that tonight K spills the beans. So will see.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:42 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
nutty1 wrote:Question....do we know for sure if Shawn finds out during the season that K slept with Nick? If so, which episode?
According to what has been posted it seems to be tonight's episode. MF had tweeted that tonight K spills the beans. So will see.

Agreed. ‏@BacheloretteABC tweeted a pic of Kaitlyn captioned "I hate when people don't see things coming" along with the message "Who will be blindsided tonight on #TheBachelorette?" The US Weekly article says Shawn was completely blindsided when she told him.

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Shawn and Kait have been on SM today. Tonight's episode will be hard to watch

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:49 pm

isittrue wrote:Shawn and Kait have been on SM today. Tonight's episode will be hard to watch

Anything noteworthy? eta: I wonder if they are together while watching tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:52 pm

BKay wrote:
isittrue wrote:Shawn and Kait have been on SM today. Tonight's episode will be hard to watch

Meant to say both have been sm silent

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:53 pm

I am just hoping that neither Shawn nor Kaitlyn try to get all negative on ATFR.
Shawn really is buying into the whole "best man wins" concept, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:27 am

BKay wrote:
[Meant to say both have been sm silent ]

It's in the media thread but Kaitlyn broke the SM silence with a picture of a Monopoly board and the caption:

Kaitlyn Bristowe ‏@kaitlynbristowe 5h5 hours ago
What a Monday... To be honest I was really into my game of monopoly but #TheBachelorette was good too. #outofwine

IMO it seems likely they were still on a SHV and watched the episode together.

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 63 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 41 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+84
nannymargie
bluwavz
Rolly
LoveDovez
marloon
eliza3
Emilia23_12
luvlady345
chi-girl
Di_ATL
MissB