SELECT CONTENT

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIP2 - BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:55 pm

This whole BIP is like the lyrics of Cool for the Summer. Carly trying to pretend this was anything more is laughable.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

BIP2 - BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Catching up on After Paradise and, oh, Carly. Just WAY too much anger to still have two months after a 3-week relationship. You could tell Kirk messed up and feels bad for hurting her, but he truly cares for her. If I were him, I wouldn't have sat there and took it and been like "woman, have some freaking perspective!". It just seemed like she was acting and putting on a show to sell her "victim" status and it was very off-putting.

I will say, she looked the best she's ever looked.

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:50 pm

She's had more than 8 weeks to get over a 3 weeks relationship. Poor Kirk. If he had gotten aggressive with her at all, that would have become proof that he is a jerk. People would probably misinterpret an aggressive defense on his part as confirmation that he was out to hurt her. He probably made the right choice.

Now I find Carly completely uninteresting. Meh.
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Karly, imo, never should have missed her brothers wedding. Especially because you are doing the stupid BIP show. Ugh! Zak is a great guy and must be very forgiving. If she doesn't regret it already, someday she will.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:50 pm

I know she said something about Kirk not being a bad guy on After Paradise but I think her actions and words are still trying to make him out to be the bad guy and get people against him. At least last night that's how it seemed. I don't know if she has addressed the situation today at all.

BIP2 - BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 87b72b10 BIP2 - BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 86669110 BIP2 - BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Carly didn't get her happy ending on BIP so I'm sure she does regret not going to her brothers wedding. She needs to get her priorities straight.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:52 pm

soccermom333 wrote:Karly, imo, never should have missed her brothers wedding.  Especially because you are doing the stupid BIP show.  Ugh!  Zak is a great guy and must be very forgiving.  If she doesn't regret it already, someday she will.  

Yeah, right. Wasnt there a good chance she could meet a nice gentleman there at her brother's wedding? But instead, why not go on TV? Couldnt she just try BiP next year and still go to the wedding? Or just get some phone numbers of the Bachelor alumni?

She did have fun though. I mean, last season she was talking about she hasnt had a man touch her in years. At least she got a man to touch her for three weeks. She ought to be happy the dry spell is over. deadhorse
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:07 pm

I guess I've been in Carly's shoes before, so I get where she was coming from in saying that Kirk wasn't a bad guy, but still being pissed off.  Getting hurt, well, hurts.  And while yes, she's had time to get over it, watching it back knowing the ending and having to pretend that things were good, probably made it worse.  Her relationship history sounds pretty bleak and like she's been hurt/burned a lot, and that's probably why she came across so desperate with Kirk and why she was so upset when things didn't work out.  Ultimately, I think she'll be okay and she'll meet someone who is right for her (and probably outside of Bach Nation). I also don't blame her for the Taylor Swift-ing (but that's probably because I like Taylor Swift laugh out loud).

But Kirk should have just straight up said that he freaked out and made a mistake by saying what he said.  I think if he left it at that and shut up, it would have been fine.  IMO, it felt more like he was justifying what he did to himself than trying to make Carly feel better.  That said, he does seem like a good guy overall.  I think that's why I felt so much raw "hurt" for both of them.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:06 pm

Good Post I agree

I was talking to a co-worker and she said she watched both shows last night and found herself crying which never happens. I thought she was talking about Janner but she meant the break up. She really felt for Carly and thought Kirk was awful towards her.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15324

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:44 pm

The thing about Taylor Swift is she doesn't actually name names. I don't have a problem with Carly writing and recording a song to express her emotions. I don't like that she posted it with the dedication to Kirk. One would have been an act of catharsis. The other is a blatant act of revenge. JMO

I just watched the episode. Difficult to fathom that: 1) she was "thinking about having Kirk's babies" (in a conceptual way NOT a Conceptual way, laugh out loud) and
2) that she could be stupid enough to think that verbalizing that thought to a guy after 3 weeks of dating would be acceptable under any circumstances and not be a turn off!

She is young, very inexperienced, and quite emotional. I didn't really have a big problem with how she reacted in the moment he broke up with her. She was shocked and angry. But to see her still harboring bad feelings for Kirk on AP was a bit excessive, IMO. It's obvious that Kirk was afraid to communicate any of his concerns or fears to her during those 3 weeks of Paradise because he knew she was a powder keg. JMO
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:03 am

Crying is highly infectious. Three women up there balling their eyes out, it's hard not to feel sympathy with all those tears flowing. Probably wouldnt matter what the cause was. Especially Tenley and Jade.

MiaHawk wrote: It's obvious that Kirk was afraid to communicate any of his concerns or fears to her during those 3 weeks of Paradise because he knew she was a powder keg. JMO

Definitely. ITA. He could have always just given her a rose and just ignored her phone calls for the rest of her life. Or he could have taken her all the way to the FRC and refused to give it to her. He was very nice to her. She ought to be appreciative for the experience. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. I think she needed someone like Kirk, just so she wouldn't give up altogether. At least now she has some positive reinforcement that she can actually get a man.
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:32 am

As someone who has been painfully dumped in the (distant) past by a guy who I thought was "the one", I will always have sympathy for someone like Carly, even if she is not handling herself perfectly and not behaving according to proper breakup "etiquette".  Yes, it was only a three week relationship, but as we all know, three weeks in Bachelor time, when you have nothing to do but focus on your romance, and no contact with work/family/friends/home life to distract you, and in this case when you pretty much spend 24/7 with your "partner", is far more intense (and in your mind becomes more meaningful if you think the relationship is really going somewhere) than a normal 3 week dating situation would be.  Carly, a woman who apparently has been unlucky in love all her life, finally thought she had met "The One".  She wasn't competing with other women for Kirk's affection; however much he may have been hesitant to open up with her, he gave her no indication that he would have considered dating someone else, like some of the other guys did, which probably only reinforced to her that he was truly interested in her.  To be blunt, she wasn't the prettiest girl there, or even one of the prettiest, but miracle of miracle, she landed one of the good guys right away, no wonder she was on cloud 9 (and yeah, she started getting smug about it, I suspect she's had long years of experience not being in the popular crowd, and those long buried snubs can still affect your grown up behavior years later).  Then within seconds the whole fantasy she has been living becomes a delusion.  If something similar has never happened to you, consider yourself lucky.  Not to mention she had to endure this with cameras recording it (her choice to date on TV, but doesn't make it suck less at the moment).  And then she's had to relive the whole thing week after week.  I'm not the least bit surprised she's not over it yet. She's human, warts and all.

I guess I can just relate to Carly and her situation easier than I can to someone like Samantha and her "charmed" life who has probably always had guys (and some girls) falling at her feet because of her looks, and has never had to fight to be popular.  And I don't think that Kirk is a bad guy at all, in fact, I think he's a really nice guy who is in his own way, as socially awkward/unsophisticated as Carly, which is why he handled things so poorly.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+47
AllAboutLove
pavalygurl
mindless
Bet2Win
Sprite