SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 6 Jun 22nd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 77 of 78 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 6 Jun 22nd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 77 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 6 Jun 22nd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:49 am

To be honest, from what I've seen from the show,  I don't know what Shawn has going for him with Kaitlyn if he didn't have his looks, smell or voice.

I think his edit is going to take a turn in the next couple of episodes, because surely this ^^ cannot be enough to substantiate him being F1 after all the ITMs where K is saying "everything is there" with Nick.

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 6 Jun 22nd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 77 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 6 Jun 22nd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Longhornfan Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:49 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I don't feel bad for Shawn.

He chose to drink for hours (and now blames/defends his behavior on the alcohol).
He chose to go on this show.
He chose to quit his job.
He chose to sign his send off email Bachelor Shawn.
He chose to tell the guys about his off-camera time with Katilyn.
He chose to confront Kaitlyn on camera and chooses to do so again it seems... repeatedly
...the list goes on

TPTB are manipulative and prey on weaknesses/naivete but they do that with all the contestants/lead, it is not just Shawn.

His big boy pants are not on, imo when it comes to husband material. A job would be nice in a fiance but that is just me.

What I find so interesting is how Shawn is being given a pass on all of the above, when past contestants were chastised for such behavior.  

I think that what they are showing of his angry outbursts do represent how he probably acts outside the show as well.  To me he comes across as brooding, like there is something right underneath the surface that is about to explode.

He and Kaitlyn might be more like oil and water.  She has no impulse control and does not consider the consequences of her actions, and he needs to have the control within the relationship.  He seems like a pretty buttoned down kind of guy, who is unable to go with the flow.  So, if they are together, I suspect that Kaitlyn is doing all of the compromising - in order to keep the peace so he won't leave.

Last edited by Longhornfan on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:52 am

IMO, I think part of the reason we don't see as much Shawn bashing is because those that like Nick are following his example and sending out love and positive thoughts about Nick. Rather than seeking to tear down Shawn. Plus, we ultimately want Kaitlyn to be happy and if Shawn is her guy, we want to support her in that. I personally am trying really hard to like Shawn...really hard.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:57 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
OnePromise wrote:
agentcurls wrote:Can't help but think tptb are breaking Shawn down in the edit to build him back up in future episodes. It's story-boarding 101. It'll make for dynamic tv.  I would think he will be redeemed at some point.

There's always so much more to these people then their edit portrays.

If this is true, why don't more people give Nick the benefit of the doubt?  I see some that are teamShawn giving him a free pass for his behavior because his "edit" makes him look like a jealous and immature guy for the sake of the show.  But, then Nick must really be how his "edit" makes him appear - a fame-seeking, insincere pretender? What about the edit for Nick?  

I think that we have to realize that most of what we see is not true reality.  It is Unreal tv....just for drama.  It's a miracle anyone actually ends of together at all.  
I think because it is the efffect of F1 v F2.
People like backing a "winner".
They can justify it easier.
jmo

I honestly think that if Nick would have been F1, he would be still getting all this hate. No different than Vienna or Courtney. I think people are too easily fooled by editing - instead of looking at facts like Andi's best friend is defending the guy and that he's never spoken badly about anyone after last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:04 am

chasingpavements wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
OnePromise wrote:If this is true, why don't more people give Nick the benefit of the doubt?  I see some that are teamShawn giving him a free pass for his behavior because his "edit" makes him look like a jealous and immature guy for the sake of the show.  But, then Nick must really be how his "edit" makes him appear - a fame-seeking, insincere pretender? What about the edit for Nick?
I think that we have to realize that most of what we see is not true reality.  It is Unreal tv....just for drama.  It's a miracle anyone actually ends of together at all.  
I think because it is the efffect of F1 v F2.
People like backing a "winner".
They can justify it easier.
jmo

I honestly think that if Nick would have been F1, he would be still getting all this hate. No different than Vienna or Courtney. I think people are too easily fooled by editing - instead of looking at facts like Andi's best friend is defending the guy and that he's never spoken badly about anyone after last season.
What I meant was that Nick being F2 last year makes him a "loser" already coming on the show.
Being F2 again only confirms that for viewers. Edit or not.
jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:09 am

missfafa wrote:
Luvstruck wrote:Didn't Shawn confess to a producer that Kaitlyn spent an extra 6 hours with him after their date and
told him he was it he was her number 1. It seemed from his conversation you could assume he had sex with her to seal the deal as well.

i think Shawn had every right to be mad, she told him he is the one, she give him her word and in his mind she is His girlfriend. K kept asking him to trust her, to believe in her. if he is the "one", why did she have sex with Nick ?! that's VERY contradicting and it doesn't mach at all with her words. if i was Shawn i would be hurt and offended.

I agree but he doesnt even know about sex with Nick at this point. He lost it when Jared got the group date rose. Thats what made it look like he overreacted. Many frontrunners have had to deal with what he has and they dont like it but they suck it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:12 am

OnePromise wrote:IMO, I think part of the reason we don't see as much Shawn bashing is because those that like Nick are following his example and sending out love and positive thoughts about Nick. Rather than seeking to tear down Shawn.  Plus, we ultimately want Kaitlyn to be happy and if Shawn is her guy, we want to support her in that.  I personally am trying really hard to like Shawn...really hard.  

I like all three. All three have faults. But I do not agree that everyone who likes Nick is supporting Kaitlyn and her decisions. Lots of talk of red flags and it's mostly fans of the other guy that see them. A lot if Nick fans don't like Shawn and that's ok I also think people who did not like Nick last season are going to question his motives too and again mostly these are fans of Shawn. Personal biases colors everything. Jmo

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:22 am

abbyc295 wrote:
missfafa wrote:
Luvstruck wrote:Didn't Shawn confess to a producer that Kaitlyn spent an extra 6 hours with him after their date and
told him he was it he was her number 1. It seemed from his conversation you could assume he had sex with her to seal the deal as well.

i think Shawn had every right to be mad, she told him he is the one, she give him her word and in his mind she is His girlfriend. K kept asking him to trust her, to believe in her. if he is the "one", why did she have sex with Nick ?! that's VERY contradicting and it doesn't mach at all with her words. if i was Shawn i would be hurt and offended.

I agree but he doesnt even know about sex with Nick at this point.  He lost it when Jared got the group date rose.  Thats what made it look like he overreacted. Many frontrunners have had to deal with what he has and they dont like it but they suck it up.
How do we know that Shawn is the only guy Kaitlyn has told "you're the one"? 

Shawn is the one kissing and telling to the other guys about his off-camera time and kissing and telling to the production guy, etc. 
We wouldn't know these things if Shawn wasn't kissing and telling. 
Just because we haven't heard some other guy say things about them with Kaitlyn doesn't mean it may not have happened. 

What if she told Nick this? 

On her 1on1 date with Nick, Nick did talk to her about his concern that K may already "at minimum have a commitment with one of the guys."
And so what does Kaitlyn do to make Nick feel this is not the case? 
She sleeps with him.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:54 am

Kashathediva wrote:
happydays wrote:
jen689 wrote:
He must have watched some of Andi's season because he knew who Nick was when Kaitlyn told the men Nick would be joining them. He also wanted Kaitlyn to be the Bachelorette not Britt so he must have watched some of Chris S season. IMO he gets jealous easily when others pay attention to the women he is pursuing. It's going to be tough for him once they're a couple because the leads and contestants seem to get a lot of attention. He seems to be a fan favorite. I think a lot women flirt with him. It will be interesting to see if they can beat the odds and stay together.

Forgot about that!
Ok I'm starting to run out of excuses for him...

I do standby him being naive though - esp given how fast he seems to have fallen for Kaitlyn. I don't really see a practical person having those sort of emotions so early on
JMOAA, I think he is a bit too zoned into himself. Narcissistic a bit? 
Who writes a letter pre-show like that? He did. Then he signs it Bachelor Shawn. Then he goes on the show and is able to one up the other guys and is outraged that others are still in the mix until, horrors--the end.  
This is not simply the Shawn Booth show.  He has to share that title with several and I don't think he is used to that and perhaps he was not "told" it would be like that.
Yes, he was manipulated, yes, he was a bit naive, but I believe he is also used to having things go his way and being the focus of his world. Things didn't always go his way on the show and so we see him stamp his feet and clench his hands. Ehh.
Reminds me of Emily post show with Brad 2.0. She actually thought Chantal did share Tksgvg dinner with Brad. Suspect  Shawn doesn't like sharing turkey either.

He chose to drink for hours (and now blames/defends his behavior on the alcohol).
He chose to confront Kaitlyn on camera and chooses to do so again it seems... repeatedly
...the list goes on

TPTB are manipulative and prey on weaknesses/naivete but they do that with all the contestants/lead, it is not just Shawn.

His big boy pants are not on, imo when it comes to husband material. A job would be nice in a fiance but that is just me.

peggy0221 wrote:Shawn acted like Britt no no no

Longhornfan wrote:

...the list goes on

What I find so interesting is how Shawn is being given a pass on all of the above, when past contestants were chastised for such behavior.  

I think that what they are showing of his angry outbursts do represent how he probably acts outside the show as well.  To me he comes across as brooding, like there is something right underneath the surface that is about to explode.

He and Kaitlyn might be more like oil and water.  She has no impulse control and does not consider the consequences of her actions, and he needs to have the control within the relationship.  He seems like a pretty buttoned down kind of guy, who is unable to go with the flow.  So, if they are together, I suspect that Kaitlyn is doing all of the compromising - in order to keep the peace so he won't leave.

All great posts. At the end of the day I make no more excuses for Nick than for Shawn. As a Nick Chick I am not upset he is getting criticized, he knew it would happen if he went back and accepted it. Then having sex on the second date, yup most woman are going to be disgusted while most men secretly think good for you. Nick knew all this, he owns it so it doesn't upset me.

I am happy Kaitlyn picks Shawn, but mostly so this can be the last Shawn show I watch. This guy has a way over inflated opinion of himself. He was one of three or is it more personal trainers? How unique (not). Excuse whatever you want because of Nick, two things this episode, suicide is never funny- his eulogy showed what a thoughtless jerk he is, then flipping out because Jared got the GDR? If you were that drunk, you are an idiot. It is called water personal trainer boy who should know his body better.

Yuck! Enjoy being the supporting actress in the Shawn show Kaitlyn. To me he isn't even that hot, put him next to cupcake or Jared and he is at best okay.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammiejo80 Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:57 am

Hi guys hi  Long time lurker. My best friend told me about the forum years ago, but I'm just now registering. All the following is my opinion only. I feel like I can say this with zero bias because I'm not caring much for this season and really don't care who she ends up with or if she ends up alone. I really could not stand Nick all that much in Andi's season, but people have got to start cutting the guy a break. She was practically humping him the whole date, initiated basically the whole thing, yet he's still getting most of the blame. What guy wouldn't take what she was offering given the opportunity? We can't give Shawn a free pass for acting somewhat crazy, and not do they same for Nick. The difference here is that he/Kaitlyn both viewed this as casual, getting to know you sex. Last season he and Andi were much further along in the process with more feelings involved, and imo, he viewed that as "making love". As far as Shawn is concerned, do I like him? Ehhhh, not all that much. He seems nice enough, just does nothing for me.However, as a long time viewer of the show I can understand how he might freak out like that with all that goes on behind the scenes. He seems like JP 2.0 to me. I'm cutting him a break...for now. I will say that whether I like him or not, I see a different side to Kait when she is with him. So while I might not like him, I think I might like them together as a pair. We shall see... Hugesmile

Sammiejo80

Back to top Go down

Post by remockered Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:58 am

happydays wrote:To be honest, from what I've seen from the show,  I don't know what Shawn has going for him with Kaitlyn if he didn't have his looks, smell or voice.

I think his edit is going to take a turn in the next couple of episodes, because surely this ^^ cannot be enough to substantiate him being F1 after all the ITMs where K is saying "everything is there" with Nick.

But isn't that almost what Andi stated about Nick? He sees every part of me ( oh wait, maybe she meant during sex? J/k). Supposedly, he knew Andi's soul (apparently Nick is not into bright colors) , as she confided to the camera and her sister. So, my impression is that neither Kaitly nor Andi were looking for a deep, intense relationship that would culminate in marriage in the midwest. They are NYC/ LA type girls who are looking for a unemployed, handsome, fan favorite to hopefully pursue the limelight in the entertainment business and would have no issue parting ways in six months, after the exposure has opened up opportunities for each other. Not saying there is not mutual attraction/chemistry/ sex.
remockered
remockered

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:59 am

OnePromise wrote:IMO, I think part of the reason we don't see as much Shawn bashing is because those that like Nick are following his example and sending out love and positive thoughts about Nick. Rather than seeking to tear down Shawn.  Plus, we ultimately want Kaitlyn to be happy and if Shawn is her guy, we want to support her in that.  I personally am trying really hard to like Shawn...really hard.  

I think the Shawn bashing isn't as much simply because he's still new and fresh, we have one episode of him being a whiny baby. Last week he was praised quite a bit. Nick wasn't as hated till his season ended. Give it time laugh out loud. Shawn could redeem himself but it's still early. There's still so much show to watch

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 6 Jun 22nd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 77 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 78 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 6 Jun 22nd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+98
Sprite
sbolduc
Pandora
stillhoping
nikikass
stuckinsc
moonchild
alwaystulips
Ash2214
heather_m_s
mprssdbyu