SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 17 of 66 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamshawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:38 pm

agentcurls wrote:Ben is a cutie-pie, no doubt about it. Seems like a kind and level-headed man
It concerns me how he's been portrayed as very one-dimensional. I hope he can be more dynamic as a lead and less, well, bland.
Also, to be lovable, as he addresses his concerns about being unlovable, you have to be less guarded and vulnerable. I haven't seen this from him yet.
I'm open to being pleasantly surprised by him come January 2016.
He is nice to look at:
teamshawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 17 Benh_210

JMO, there is so much time being spent on the Nick vs. Shawn crap and Kaitlyn's guilt that turned out to not be guilt at all since she had sex with Nick ASAP and would have sex with Ben if he said yes. It left anyone who has personality but isn't an extreme extrovert like cupcake seem dull. I have a feeling Ben is funny and sweet as the couple times he has been shown he is actually very curious (asking about the bird tattoo) and willing to play and learn (2 stepping) and seems to want more than a hookup (talking instead of sex).

I think he is just too deep for Kaitlyn, who through her words and the edit seems about as deep as a puddle at this point.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

teamshawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by BlackHalo Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:55 pm

I think everything they've shown of Ben is prepping him to be the next lead. Even Kaitlyn telling him she's falling in love with him. That was so weird when we know she's all about those other two guys. I'm interested to see how his elimination goes.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:32 pm

I think the only way Ben won't be lead is if he chooses not to be.
From their first date up until post-show, Kaitlyn has been using the "marriage material" phrase to describe Ben.
Perfect Bachelorette catchphrase to use for someone whose storyboard on the show is next Bachelor candidate.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I think the only way Ben won't be lead is if he chooses not to be.
From their first date up until post-show, Kaitlyn has been using the "marriage material" phrase to describe Ben.
Perfect Bachelorette catchphrase to use for someone whose storyboard on the show is next Bachelor candidate.

Ben H is perfect marriage material for everyone but the woman who is telling us she is looking for a husband. Kaitlyn is a true trainwreck. cantstopl
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:52 am

stuckinsc wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I think the only way Ben won't be lead is if he chooses not to be.

Ben H is perfect marriage material for everyone but the woman who is telling us she is looking for a husband. Kaitlyn is a true trainwreck. cantstopl

I don't agree with that. I find him too serious to be on my radar.  I haven't seen any real indication of a sense of humor or him ever letting loose and that would be a deal breaker for me. I'm sure he's got to have more of a personality than we've seen so far but nothing to make me think he's Bachelor material.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15323

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:59 am

stuckinsc wrote:

That's one thing I can't fault her for. I think that if you don't have that chemistry and passion with each other, it doesn't matter how "marriage material" you are. It reminds me of Chris picking Whitney, definitely someone was was marriage material, but someone he just didn't have chemistry and passion with. It didn't matter how perfect she was, it was never going to work out. I do give Kaitlyn credit for realizing that, because I think that a lot of women would have picked Ben just because he's the total package, not taking into account actual chemistry.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:07 am

albean99 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I don't agree with that. I find him too serious to be on my radar.  I haven't seen any real indication of a sense of humor or him ever letting loose and that would be a deal breaker for me. I'm sure he's got to have more of a personality than we've seen so far but nothing to make me think he's Bachelor material.

I saw a great sense of humor and ability to go with the flow in their 1:1 date in SA. He had no idea what he was doing and went with it and laughed the whole way through. Not his fault that Kaitlyn is obsessed with Shawn and to a lesser degree Nick, so she has no focus on anyone else.

I also appreciate him approaching her like a grown up to discuss his concerns instead of the running up to her room to confront her or even tattling like Nick did. To me he has been the only one of the F3 to really act like a grown up so far.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:08 am

chasingpavements wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

That's one thing I can't fault her for. I think that if you don't have that chemistry and passion with each other, it doesn't matter how "marriage material" you are. It reminds me of Chris picking Whitney, definitely someone was was marriage material, but someone he just didn't have chemistry and passion with. It didn't matter how perfect she was, it was never going to work out. I do give Kaitlyn credit for realizing that, because I think that a lot of women would have picked Ben just because he's the total package, not taking into account actual chemistry.

I actually agree with you, just so sick of Kaitlyn that her words are annoying me all the way around. Sorry for being a hypocrite.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:30 am

agentcurls wrote:Ben is a cutie-pie, no doubt about it. Seems like a kind and level-headed man
It concerns me how he's been portrayed as very one-dimensional. I hope he can be more dynamic as a lead and less, well, bland.
Also, to be lovable, as he addresses his concerns about being unlovable, you have to be less guarded and vulnerable. I haven't seen this from him yet.
He is nice to look at:
teamshawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 17 Benh_210

I agree with almost everything you said including that Ben is nice to look at!  Where I disagree with you is that, in my opinion, by Ben admitting his fear about being unlovable, he was allowing himself to be vulnerable.  By definition, at least the definition I use, is that vulnerability (the prerequisite to genuine emotional and/or physical intimacy) is the willingness to reveal/expose your real self.  And I think he did that with his admission.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:59 am

Does anyone know why he and his ex are no longer together?
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:27 am

docnash14 wrote:
He is nice to look at:

I agree with almost everything you said including that Ben is nice to look at!  Where I disagree with you is that, in my opinion, by Ben admitting his fear about being unlovable, he was allowing himself to be vulnerable.  By definition, at least the definition I use, is that vulnerability (the prerequisite to genuine emotional and/or physical intimacy) is the willingness to reveal/expose your real self.  And I think he did that with his admission.

I agree, he did show some vulnerability. If he's the chosen Bachelor, I hope he keeps moments like that coming.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:40 am

iamreal2u wrote:Does anyone know why he and his ex are no longer together?  

There was an article somewhere of the ex that was interviewed. It seems she got a job out of state and he wanted to go with her but she didn't want him to. I think the article was posted somewhere on the forum but can't remember where.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 66 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+86
Linds911
MiniDiva
eliza3
TrishB
hdman