SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by nuts2uiam Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:13 pm

I have a question. I admit that the simple answer may just be that I am old. Still not Social Security age by a few years but....
I have no opinion on K & N's sex capades, what two consenting adults do is their business, IMO, but others may disagree. BUT, I was very offended by the goings on in the Cathedral. IMO, it showed total lack of respect for this church. I would feel the same way, if it were a synagogue, or a mosque. I think the producers went a bit far with treating this beautiful sacred building as a dining room and then a precursor to the remainder of the night. As a Christian, I was offended and would be equally offended no matter what religious institution it took place in. I can only wonder how the people of Ireland felt if they saw the manner in which it was used. I will get off my :soapbox and I may well be alone in this feeling, but, there are so many other places that they could have used other than this church that would have been better.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:15 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:I have a question.  I admit that the simple answer may just be that I am old.  Still not Social Security age by a few years but....
I have no opinion on K & N's sex capades, what two consenting adults do is their business, IMO, but others may disagree.  BUT, I was very offended by the goings on in the Cathedral.  IMO, it showed total lack of respect for this church.  I would feel the same way, if it were a synagogue, or a mosque.  I think the producers went a bit far with treating this beautiful sacred building as a dining room and then a precursor to the remainder of the night.  As a Christian, I was offended and would be equally offended no matter what religious institution it took place in.  I can only wonder how the people of Ireland felt if they saw the manner in which it was used.  I will get off my  :soapbox  and I may well be alone in this feeling, but, there are so many other places that they could have used other than this church that would have been better.

nuts, I felt the same thing. I loved seeing the gorgeous cathedrals, but not what they were doing in it. I grew up Catholic and it did bother me.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Alanna wrote:Ahhh Kait looks so happy and so beautiful!! I'm excited for her when this show is over and she doesn't have to defend herself and now her crazy man every week to everyone and their grandma's dog walker.

I agree Alanna and always look forward to your posts. Smiley I am glad kaitlin is happy with Shawn and I bet they can't wait to be in the 'real" world together. :yes:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:28 pm

I agree with the above regarding the church. 
That was a gorgeous church btw.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:28 pm

I agree with you both....sometimes I wonder if the producers go out of their way to offend.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooby Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Heck, I'm an atheist and I thought it was disgusting to behave like that in the Cathedral.

Scooby

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:36 pm

sparkler wrote:I agree with you both....sometimes I wonder if the producers go out of their way to offend.
Of course, they do, IMO.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:38 pm

ok so Kaitlyn's snapchat recap is pretty much what she wrote in her people blog

nothing new -- ian sucks, it's her journey, she understands why Shawn is sad, the group date was fun and it's a collab between her and the producers in regards to picking the dates. And those who are not fans are going to hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:53 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
Alanna wrote:Ahhh Kait looks so happy and so beautiful!! I'm excited for her when this show is over and she doesn't have to defend herself and now her crazy man every week to everyone and their grandma's dog walker.

I agree Alanna and always look forward to your posts.  Smiley  I am glad kaitlin is happy with Shawn and I bet they can't wait to be in the 'real" world together.  :yes:
Ahh so sweet! Thank you awwww

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Alanna wrote:K answering qs on yahoo tv's fb. She replied with a smiley when asked if she's happy with the outcome and that her type is a loyal gentleman with a sense of humor. I'll post more fun ones when I get a chance or see them.

Thanks! Please keep posting more. Just going back and trying to catch up. Gentleman reminds me of Shawn. :cutesmile!:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:07 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I agree with the above regarding the church. 
That was a gorgeous church btw.

I got the impression that it was a "former church". I can in no way see a Catholic Church giving permission for a reality dating tv show to be filmed there.
Also, was the Cranberries concert held in the same building? I didn't watch that closely, but thought that it might be the same church?

Ok, I stand corrected! This is the Church they filmed in: http://christchurchcathedral.ie/worship/services/

You can rent it as a venue: http://christchurchcathedral.ie/venue-hire/
They give tours of the crypts and there is a cafe. Just bizarre.
Now that I know it is still an active Church, I'm really turned off by them having dinner there and a bit by their behavior at dinner. Yuck.
Just when you think this show can't stoop lower than they have... no

Last edited by MiaHawk on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:10 pm

I got to say, the shot of the statue in between their kissing at the church cracked me up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #8 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+87
eirekay
whit90
Ash2214
allykat
KK4
Ladybug82
Di_ATL
Stacia620
sbolduc
mariebeth
sdmom