SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Page 46 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 46 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:03 pm

In the back of my mind, I have wondered from the start where that smile was coming from post filming. That boy is happy about something. I worry about him being the lead, though. Nick is complicated...will enough of the women have what it takes to put together a show. It will not be believable if they don't cast the right mix and N will not be all in. Hes too intense to play make believe.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 46 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by happygolucky Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:05 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I think CH touched on this... that the women really like Nick, like a moth to a flame, it is the guys that have most of the problems. But like you said, they could have women who are complaining about Nick and that would be drama already. (Ash had to deal with something similar about not being what the guys' wanted).
Now ... there's an idea AAL. That could be a new storyboard for the season ... women who don't trust the lead, question the lead and maybe even want to play him. Then the season would be similar to this one, where the contestants would leave the show because they wouldn't like the lead or the lead wouldn't know if they really like him for him or just because they "have to". ... Dunno, I still think the new storyboard will be more about the wholesome image, opposite of this year, more "Sean" like ... so I'm inclined to believe Ben H. (maybe with Ben Z.) is in the play for TB.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Yup, likely the same reason why Nick won't be bachelor is why he is F2 = risk.

That being said though, I think Nick would charm the pants off the ladies when they meet him in person.
He's done that with two leads already.
That is what all the men say, "what do the women see in Nick?".
So they may not like he is chosen, but I think once they meet him that is short-lived.
He didn't go to F2 spot 2x for nothing. happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 46 3806527698
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:26 pm

I don't want a season of who he is NOT. I like him just the way he is. I'm just afraid we would see so little of the real N. Ugh. I'll worry about it when it comes to fruition.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 pm

Nick did modeling shots before ever being on Bachelor as well. Not every move these contestants/former contestants make has to do with this show. Nick could donate a kidney and save a strangers life and I think some would try to find a negative in it. "OMG he's only doing it to be Bachelor!" Rolling Eyes JMO. Oh well I will continue to enjoy all the goodies he is willing to share Smiley

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Nick Viall @viallnicholas28
Even when he records rough demos on phones.  I still love this. https://soundcloud.com/adam-alfano/falling-forward

Song called "Falling Foward". Listened to it... trying to figure out the lyrics.

Every time
This is what it feels like
Falling down again
Falling for the first time
For me
I can hardly wait for it
I call ??
Cause this is what it feels like
And now I'm ready for it x3, it
Just close my eyes
Let it all ??
I am ready for it, it
Now...I am ready for it x5
This is what it feels like
Falling down again
Falling for the first time
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:33 pm

happygolucky wrote:But if the audience already has a well defined perception of who the next lead is, and it's negative, it's so much harder to re-invent the image in a span of a month or 2.

IMO this is the key issue. For Brad 2 they spent a lot of time trying to repair the perception that because Brad didn't pick anyone the first time around he was a commitment phoebe. True or not, they had to repair the perception. IMO the question at the core of a decision is not what posters here feel about Nick, nor what people on SM think of him, but what the target audience of the show thinks of him. IMO if the target audience doesn't like him it's a no go.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
happygolucky wrote:But if the audience already has a well defined perception of who the next lead is, and it's negative, it's so much harder to re-invent the image in a span of a month or 2.

IMO this is the key issue. For Brad 2 they spent a lot of time trying to repair the perception that because Brad didn't pick anyone the first time around he was a commitment phoebe. True or not, they had to repair the perception. IMO the question at the core of a decision is not what posters here feel about Nick, nor what people on SM think of him, but what the target audience of the show thinks of him. IMO if the target audience doesn't like him it's a no go.
How does one determine target audience then? The ratings are highest when the episode is previewed as focusing on Nick. That has to play a role I would think. Ratings are most important to TPTB (ratings = $) and if Nick was truly terrible for not only the target audience but also SM people, etc, then why are they tuning in to watch him?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:58 pm

The first thing I thought when I saw that photo of Nick was, he is going to be the next bachelor. Idk why, it was almost an instant thought. It was taken by a professional photographer, and it was tweeted by US magazine.

They're a lot of people who see Kaitlyn is a very negative light, so if she sleeps with him, and then stomps on his heart, I can see a lot of people wanting him as the next lead.

There has been many leads, which were questionable, and the show did just fine.  Brit was not well liked by the viewing public, but was nearly the next lead. The episode where Nick returned to the show, was the most watched episode this season.

Last edited by rosesrREd on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:01 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:How does one determine target audience then?

The one I see mentioned most often is the 18-34 year old women and 18-34 year old adults (why these aren't one IDK - it seems to me that 18-34 adult would include women) but they may have different metrics.

It's one thing to see viewership high when Nick is on but drama is also high when Nick is on - are they tuning in to see Nick or the drama he brings? While I don't know the answers to that I know (because I used to work in the entertainment industry) that they have very detailed metrics on this - they use that to price advertising time and advertisers won't pay top dollar for ad time unless the network can prove the programming reaches the advertiser's desired customers.

Last edited by Lucas15 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Ok, I saw Nick's IG photo and had to come back here.
He is either next bach, or imo, coming off now as a bit pretentious and I am seriously re-evaluating my stance as his fan.
He is really falling from the pedastal that I once put him on.

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:How does one determine target audience then?

The one I see mentioned most often is the 18-34 year old women and 18-34 year old adults (why these aren't one IDK - it seems to me that 18-34 adult would include women) but they may have different metrics.

It's one thing to see viewership high when Nick is on but drama is also high when Nick is on - are they tuning in to see Nick or the drama he brings? While I don't know the answers to that I know (because I used to work in the entertainment industry) that they have very detailed metrics on this - they use that to price advertising time and advertisers won't pay top dollar for ad time unless the network can prove the programming reaches the advertiser's key demographic.

Advertisers aren't involved with choosing the lead, they can withdraw ads, but I'm positive that Nick being the lead wouldn't warrant that.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

+69
kimberlyg
megaa
Cecilia
mindless
Beagle