SELECT CONTENT

JJ Lane - BIP Season 2 - Discussion

Page 32 of 38 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JJ Lane - BIP Season 2 - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: JJ Lane - BIP Season 2 - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 am

JJ was in investment banking which is notorious for putting its associates through a grind for the first years they work. Have no doubt he worked 70-80 hours a week. His compensation was good but not nearly the cash if he had made it to Vice-President. This field is one where 3 years separates the men from the boys. And the work is all about money.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

JJ Lane - BIP Season 2 - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: JJ Lane - BIP Season 2 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:22 am

It will be interesting once this podcast makes it's way to the rag mags, what the reaction will be from fans and Tenley.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:21 am

He did say on Twitter that his ex is an amazing woman and he takes care of her financially, so I highly doubt he quit to screw her over. Would be pretty stupid to lie about something like that on SM where anyone can read it.

I don't think JJ is that bad, more of a blowhard who's missing his brain to mouth filter.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:33 am

I don't know, I think he's two-faced. He said a very similar thing about his ex-girlfriend on Twitter, about how she was great and how he totally understood why she didnt take him back after he had dumped her to go on BIP. Yet, on that "hidden periscope" and now here, he was mocking her and you can tell that he thought it was ridiculous she didn't take him back. 

I'm sure he still pays the ex-wife, but if I had to guess, he probably pays her a lot less than he would have if he was still working. I'm still confused by that. He said he was planning to go back to work when the bachelorette application started and he said he would rather do bachelorette than work. So, is he working now since Bachelorettes and BIP are over?

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:25 pm

I don't want to spend too much time on this because I am not a JJ fan but nor am I a JJ hater. I'm also not trying to convince any one person of anything or say that my opinions are right and someone else's are wrong, because I rarely care about being right and in fact have no trouble admitting when I'm wrong. I do see that all interpretations of what JJ said or didn't say are clearly very different based on individually biases, experiences, morals, etc but do think some of what is stated could be misinterpreted when taken out of context. 

I want to add that I consider myself a feminist and do not believe men should be held to a different standard than women and do not tolerate discrimination at all in our predominantly "man's world". That said, not everything everyone says should be taken literally. I legitimately expected to hear JJ saying horrible things in the podcast. Then I listened to it and didn't hear that at all. I would like to add that I assume the podcast normally has a sports related tone and an audience of what I presume is predominantly men. I do not know if Barstool Sports is sexist overall as I've never listened before but I'm going to assume it is based on some comments the hosts made. I want to state that I never said nor do I think JJ has this fantastic sense of humour and that if you don't get it you are inferior but I did say/imply that people interpret humour differently and I do understand his dry sense, that said obviously not all of the time and about everything.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Nice post rhonda! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Interestingly enough, neither of the hosts made any comments that seemed sexist or racist to me. In fact, they apologized about a harmless comment they had made about jubilee beforehand. So, IMO, that was all JJ - he wasn't being egged on or supported in his discriminatory or crass comments.

Also, he actually says that the guys in Kaitlyn's season couldn't keep up with him and Clint in their "locker room banter" and they  told him "you're hurting our feelings", which he scoffed at. So, when even men are telling JJ that he's taking it too far, I think the whole "it's just how guys are!" justification comes into question. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:03 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
I'm sure he still pays the ex-wife, but if I had to guess, he probably pays her a lot less than he would have if he was still working. I'm still confused by that. He said he was planning to go back to work when the bachelorette application started and he said he would rather do bachelorette than work. So, is he working now since Bachelorettes and BIP are over?

I have not listened to the podcast nor do I plan on it. When you marry young, work long hours, throw in a baby and infidelity and eventual break-up of a marriage, I can totally understand whey JJ needed a break. ( I am not giving him a break for the infidelity.) And before his young family became so accustomed to living the good life on an investment banker's salary, better to step away and re-evaluate things. If he is a good father and as supportive of his ex-wife as he claims to be, then he'll go back to work sooner or later. I can see that his detractors would use the period of unemployment as justification for not paying more child support. Neither a supporter or detractor - just an observer from someone who has seen investment banking.
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:35 pm

Some more.....
I personally do not think he thinks his is the only opinion that matters but I agree he does like his own opinions. He is judgemental, including the women on this show that he hadn't even met yet, as are a lot of people who do so on their blogs, SM, interviews, pod and webcasts, recaps, etc as well as us on this forum. Stating that he threw shade throughout the podcast would be a stretch imo but again dif interpretation. 

JJ saying "paid in girls" when heard in context was said about being asked about being paid or not for doing the show and his being frequently interrupted when out with friends to take selfies with girls and that that was, of course, a pain in the a$$. The "meeting the girls" was the trade off or bonus (aka payment) for not being paid much or at all. 

I cannot remember why Jubilee was even brought up but JJ said that she wasn't going to be Ben's final pick because he was vanilla (plain/ conservative, not white) and she was exotic (I heard opposite of plain/conservative (because of obvious tattoo on her chest) but if it is believed it had racial undertones, I personally just cannot say for myself if it is or isn't and don't know his views. I hope he isn't racist and wish no one was but unless he said something obvious to me I just cannot assume it. On the topic of Jubilee's tattoo, JJ didn't say that Jubilee having a tattoo was wrong and yes he and Ben both have them as well but her's is harder to cover up unless wearing higher clothing and I'm not sure that she even wants to cover her's up and that is what I believe he meant about why Ben may not want to take her home to meet his parents along with her sarcastic humour that his parents may not appreciate. That said, JJ should not speak for Ben but I think he was only giving his own opinion with out saying "imo". 

Traveler90 said exactly what I interpreted about the Twins too. JJ used the expression of not buying a water if there was only one and not saying their weren't attractive but just that they were more appealing together based on some men's fantasies. I tend to think if he was given the opportunity to buy most any girl a water, he would. 

Regarding the statement that JJ tweeted shade at Becca for no reason other than for the sake of it. That is simply not clear or a fact and no one but his inner circle could know if it was about something specific or not.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by traveler90 Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:11 pm

rhondam wrote:Some more.....
I personally do not think he thinks his is the only opinion that matters but I agree he does like his own opinions. He is judgemental, including the women on this show that he hadn't even met yet, as are a lot of people who do so on their blogs, SM, interviews, pod and webcasts, recaps, etc as well as us on this forum. Stating that he threw shade throughout the podcast would be a stretch imo but again dif interpretation. 

JJ saying "paid in girls" when heard in context was said about being asked about being paid or not for doing the show and his being frequently interrupted when out with friends to take selfies with girls and that that was, of course, a pain in the a$$. The "meeting the girls" was the trade off or bonus (aka payment) for not being paid much or at all. 

I cannot remember why Jubilee was even brought up but JJ said that she wasn't going to be Ben's final pick because he was vanilla (plain/ conservative, not white) and she was exotic (I heard opposite of plain/conservative (because of obvious tattoo on her chest) but if it is believed it had racial undertones, I personally just cannot say for myself if it is or isn't and don't know his views. I hope he isn't racist and wish no one was but unless he said something obvious to me I just cannot assume it. On the topic of Jubilee's tattoo, JJ didn't say that Jubilee having a tattoo was wrong and yes he and Ben both have them as well but her's is harder to cover up unless wearing higher clothing and I'm not sure that she even wants to cover her's up and that is what I believe he meant about why Ben may not want to take her home to meet his parents along with her sarcastic humour that his parents may not appreciate. That said, JJ should not speak for Ben but I think he was only giving his own opinion with out saying "imo". 

Traveler90 said exactly what I interpreted about the Twins too. JJ used the expression of not buying a water if there was only one and not saying their weren't attractive but just that they were more appealing together based on some men's fantasies. I tend to think if he was given the opportunity to buy most any girl a water, he would. 

Regarding the statement that JJ tweeted shade at Becca for no reason other than for the sake of it. That is simply not clear or a fact and no one but his inner circle could know if it was about something specific or not.

Good Post rhondam, you summed up everything I was trying to say ealier, just in a more eloquent way JJ Lane - BIP Season 2 - Discussion - Page 32 3806527698
traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Podcast aside, those tweets by JJ to a person with CP was taking it too far.

Even if one thinks what he did is not cyber bullying it's immature to troll a girl who clearly doesn't have the capacity to understand what is happening when he egged her on asking her to tweet him reasons why he should follow her and then mocks her when she does as he said and tweets her reasons.

A grown man who is mature and a role model to his daughter wouldn't do that imo and I would bet JJ wouldn't like it if he had a daughter with CP and some reality star trolled her.

If she was tweeting him incessantly then block or ignore. That's the grown up and mature thing to do.

As someone who grew up closely with a relative who has CP I don't and never will find the behavior exhibited by JJ as "funny" especially when he uses his public platform that gets his fans to tweet attacking this young lady. That's just cruel IMO.  And definitely totally unnecessary and immature.

JMHO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Not trying to making excuses for him or his behavior, but does he realize she has CP?

I don't follow any of these people on SM, so was curious if her profile and all makes it apparent or the tweets do or anything.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 38 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JJ Lane - BIP Season 2 - Discussion

+50
ReneeM
Buckeye_Fan
casjacknick
Norcalgal
KB_Mom