SELECT CONTENT

Books - Discussion

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Books - Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Books - Discussion

Post by chaslom4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 am

sweptaway wrote:
chaslom4 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:I have been wanting a book thread. I tried reading the book thread at fort but any talk about romance books was not wanted only deep thinking books. I guess I will start today I am finishing up on a book by Cindy Gerard called With No Remorse. It is the sixth book in a series about black ops guys. Next on my list is Justice by Karen Robards.

Have you read any of Suzanne Brockmann's books? She has a couple different series about a team of Navy seals. They are really good!
I have read all her books. Juls and Robin were some of my favorite characters. She wrote their love story so gritty. In her last books she has really been pounding the gay marriage and gay rights thing because of her son. She has lost several readers because of it. To bad. She wrote a stand alone book last year called Infamous. It was practically unreadable with her pounding her views.

I agree, she did really turn away a lot of her readers. I loved Juls and Robyn to. One of my favorites of her books. My favorite characters though would have to be Sam and Alyssa and Max and Gina. Although I do kind of have a soft spot for Izzy. I haven't read his story yet, it's still on my book list to read.
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 am

chaslom4 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:
chaslom4 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:I have been wanting a book thread. I tried reading the book thread at fort but any talk about romance books was not wanted only deep thinking books. I guess I will start today I am finishing up on a book by Cindy Gerard called With No Remorse. It is the sixth book in a series about black ops guys. Next on my list is Justice by Karen Robards.

Have you read any of Suzanne Brockmann's books? She has a couple different series about a team of Navy seals. They are really good!
I have read all her books. Juls and Robin were some of my favorite characters. She wrote their love story so gritty. In her last books she has really been pounding the gay marriage and gay rights thing because of her son. She has lost several readers because of it. To bad. She wrote a stand alone book last year called Infamous. It was practically unreadable with her pounding her views.

I agree, she did really turn away a lot of her readers. I loved Juls and Robyn to. One of my favorites of her books. My favorite characters though would have to be Sam and Alyssa and Max and Gina. Although I do kind of have a soft spot for Izzy. I haven't read his story yet, it's still on my book list to read.

I can't remember names. I could never be a politician. LOL. But, I liked the Brockmann one that happened, I think, in Indonesia where they were fleeing through the jungle the very best. I haven't read it in a long time (as you can tell). But, I remember I it as funny.

I also have read and enjoyed Julie Garwood books - especially her old historical stuff - some really cute ones that make me laugh/smile. Maybe you will like Kieran Kramer and Susan MacLean if you like the others I have mentioned, especially Julia Quinn (but she has not been as good lately either, IMO). Sometimes, I wonder if they only have so many good ones in them, but then SEP I still love. I am always looking for new authors, too. So keep listing authors you like, please!! yes

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:29 am

wachin4fun wrote:
chaslom4 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:
chaslom4 wrote:

I can't remember names. I could never be a politician. LOL. But, I liked the Brockmann one that happened, I think, in Indonesia where they were fleeing through the jungle the very best. I haven't read it in a long time (as you can tell). But, I remember I it as funny.

I also have read and enjoyed Julie Garwood books - especially her old historical stuff - some really cute ones that make me laugh/smile. Maybe you will like Kieran Kramer and Susan MacLean if you like the others I have mentioned, especially Julia Quinn (but she has not been as good lately either, IMO). Sometimes, I wonder if they only have so many good ones in them, but then SEP I still love. I am always looking for new authors, too. So keep listing authors you like, please!! yes

My favorite Julie Garwood are The Wedding, The Bride, and The Gift, which had me laughing through the whole book. I am so glad San started this thread. I find myself constantly going back and reading my old favorites, for the same reason you have said. The newer books of my favorite authors don't seem to be nearly as good as the older ones.

I have been looking for some new authors to try, so I am anxious to check out some of the ones you have suggested! Keep your list coming to! yes
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:36 am

My favorite Julie Garwood are The Wedding, The Bride, and The Gift, which had me laughing through the whole book. I am so glad San started this thread. I find myself constantly going back and reading my old favorites, for the same reason you have said. The newer books of my favorite authors don't seem to be nearly as good as the older ones.

I have been looking for some new authors to try, so I am anxious to check out some of the ones you have suggested! Keep your list coming to! yes [/quote]

Those were my favorites as well. No kidding!! I have read them so many times. I like the new authors I mentioned, but not like I love SEP or those three of Garwood's books, but still good. Problem is that their follow ups haven't been as great for me. They just have a few so may just be that I don't like the newest as much, but will like future ones more again. I am hoping Julia Quinn is just in a slump also. I also really like Mary Balogh. Not so funny, but well written.

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:09 am

I like Jayne Anne Krentz when she writes under the pseudo name Amanda Quick...her female leads are always so quirky. I like romance and mystery combined together such as Sandra Brown, Jude Devereaux, Judith Michael and Lavyrle Spencer.

Books - Discussion  - Page 2 TeamJemSigTag

Be aware of half truths - you may have the wrong half
If you can't impress them with intelligence you can always baffle them with bullsh*t
Will Rogers said that he never met a man he didn't like...but then he never met Mike Fleiss
deedreamer
deedreamer

Female Posts : 939

http://thetoyboxgrannies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 am

deedreamer wrote:I like Jayne Anne Krentz when she writes under the pseudo name Amanda Quick...her female leads are always so quirky. I like romance and mystery combined together such as Sandra Brown, Jude Devereaux, Judith Michael and Lavyrle Spencer.
A great book by Sandra Brown is called Envy. It is a book about a book. The story the character is writing in a book is so interesting so when they swing back to that part of the book you want to stay there and read it. Also a newer book she wrote called Rainwater is so good. I have read almost everything Lavyrle Spencer has written. One book sticks in my mind where to men where out in a white out and had to slit open their horses stomach and crawl inside to keep warm. I guess in all our troubles now, we forgot how hard it was for our generations before us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:45 am

wachin4fun wrote:
chaslom4 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:
chaslom4 wrote:

The book was Wild Card and Savanahs book. He was a wild haired computer nerd and she came from a weathly family. He was such a trip. The book starts out with him sitting on the bathroom floor in the bar crying because a girl broke up with him. That was back when she wrote such wonderful characters. Sam and Alyssa and Max and Gina will always be favorites for me too. The rape scene on the plane for Gina was so hard to imagine. Glad Max finally got over his age thing and found true love with Gina. I hate to say I was disappointed in Izzy book. I ended up skimming the last one hundred pages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:49 am

San wrote:I am going to read, Heaven Is For Real when I go on my next vacation in about a month. I've heard that it's really good.
Wow Amazon has this book rated four and half stars out of five by over 1600 hundred people. It looks really good about a little boys trip to heaven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Rachel Gibson is so funny. One of my favorites is The trouble with Valentines Day. This girl is upset about a break up and decided to pick up a guy in the bar. He turns her down and then then end up in the same town. There is a line she uses something about using his balls for a purse. I still laugh thinking of it. Anyway if you like her and SEP you might like Deirdre Martin. Her guys play ice hockey.

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Prolific reader too, generally read at least one book a week traveling to and from work. I love my local library.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Books - Discussion  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3835

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:11 pm

sweptaway wrote:
wachin4fun wrote:
chaslom4 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:
chaslom4 wrote:

The book was Wild Card and Savanahs book. He was a wild haired computer nerd and she came from a weathly family. He was such a trip. The book starts out with him sitting on the bathroom floor in the bar crying because a girl broke up with him. That was back when she wrote such wonderful characters. Sam and Alyssa and Max and Gina will always be favorites for me too. The rape scene on the plane for Gina was so hard to imagine. Glad Max finally got over his age thing and found true love with Gina. I hate to say I was disappointed in Izzy book. I ended up skimming the last one hundred pages.

Wild Card was something else, but I loved him! I agree about the scene on the plane. I just sat there and cried reading that part. I can't even begin to imagine something like that! Thanks for the heads up on Izzy's book. I think that's why it is still on my book list. Her books were so much better before she started straying away from the main SEAL's that she started the series with.

She has another series about a SEAL team as well, but they are more the Harlequin type books. They are not as intense as the Trouble Shooters series, but the characters are just as great.
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Her early series is good. She has recently reissued them with two or three books in one. She has an older book called Body Gaurd that was pretty good and also Heart Throb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Books - Discussion

+47
Junequilts
Kels0012
sublime