Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

All About Books - Discussion - *Spoilers*

:: Real Life

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: All About Books - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Linds911 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:32 am

Has anyone read Me Before You? I want to read it before seeing the movie but worried it might be like The Fault In Our Stars which was so sad!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linds911

Female Posts : 7443

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:16 pm

@Linds911 wrote:Has anyone read Me Before You? I want to read it before seeing the movie but worried it might be like The Fault In Our Stars which was so sad!!

I have read the book and seen the movie. The movie follows the plot line pretty well. You will need tissues.

Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:52 pm

@Kels0012 wrote:
@Linds911 wrote:Has anyone read Me Before You? I want to read it before seeing the movie but worried it might be like The Fault In Our Stars which was so sad!!

I have read the book and seen the movie. The movie follows the plot line pretty well. You will need tissues.

Ah I figured! Thanks! Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linds911

Female Posts : 7443

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:15 am

I just finished "The Mercy of the Sky: The story of a tornado by Holly Bailey. It's about the May 2013 tornado in Moore, OK. The first part of the book is largely about tornadoes in Oklahoma and the weather meteorologists which was interesting and the rest covered the tornado itself which hit some schools. Once I got about a third in, I couldn't put it down because I had to know what happened.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton

albean99

Female Posts : 11567

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:58 am

I am just finishing "The Light Between Oceans " by M. L. Steadman, which is just now coming out in a Movie . Has anyone seen it? It is quite an interesting book , telling a compelling story.

Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:35 am

I have it now on my kindle.

My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss

Kashathediva

Female Posts : 21715

Back to top Go down

Post by seton on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:22 am

@Junequilts wrote:I am just finishing "The Light Between Oceans " by M. L. Steadman, which is just now coming out in a Movie . Has anyone seen it?  It is quite an interesting book , telling a compelling story.  

That type of story is not my cuppa so wont be reading it. The only recent adaptation that I read before the movie came out and I really liked was THE DUFF.

Anyway, I cant find anything to read recently so I actually read Andi's book . . . and it was even worse than described. It was pretty disgusting and pathetic.

seton

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:08 pm

I am pretty picky about what I read and found it easy going. Very little vulgarity, or sexy stuff, that I don't like.

Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by seton on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:40 pm

@Junequilts wrote:I am pretty picky about what I read and found it easy going.  Very little vulgarity, or sexy stuff, that I don't like.

Oh, you must have a high threshold for glum bc I heard it was morose and it sounds morose. I only watch tv/movies and read bks for fluff.

seton

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:39 pm

I just read "Hillbilly Elegy" which was a good non fiction about James Vance's life growing up in Appalachia and the culture there.

Then I read "Before the Fall" which was terrific.

Now I am onto "A Hero of Paris" by Alan Furst. He writes fiction set in Europe in the late 30s and early 40s. Great writing atmospheric settings that stay with you. This one is about the French Resistance.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by seton on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:33 am

romances like TB suggestions

https://www.amazon.com/forum/romance?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdMSG=addedToThread&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx2C3WK3QGDSK5R&newContentID=Mx36D9W16C6B2JT&newContentNum=3#CustomerDiscussionsNRPB

seton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

All About Books - Discussion - *Spoilers*

:: Real Life

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum