Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

All About Books - Discussion - *Spoilers*

:: Real Life

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: All About Books - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Norcalgal on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:12 pm

I highly recommend When Breath Becomes Air. Gorgeously written autobiography with lots of lessons for all of us.

https://www.amazon.com/When-Breath-Becomes-Paul-Kalanithi-ebook/dp/B00XSSYR50/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514589092&sr=8-1&keywords=when+breath+becomes+air

You will immediately put anything petty in your life and especially on this board in perspective. And please read the final paragraph by the author outloud - the cadence in the words is magical.
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:22 pm

@Kashathediva wrote:Sue Grafton died last evening Thursday Dec 28th. I loved reading her Kinsey books. It was a cozy cup of cocoa for me. I will miss her. 
I just finished Y last week. So sad. RIP Sue/Kinsey.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/mystery-writer-sue-grafton-dies-in-california/ar-BBHuHOd?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280

Just read the news. I stopped at S and now I want to continue.
Yes it’s really sad we will never have Z.
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:14 pm

@Norcalgal  I am glad you posted this link. I am going to look into reading this real soon. Thank you.

My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
RIP my little one. I will miss you. 
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 30419

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 pm

I recently read "Girl on the Train". I enjoyed it!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
RIP Sophie Little Girl  

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 45425

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by vacayeveryday on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:58 am

@GuardianAngel wrote:I recently read "Girl on the Train". I enjoyed it!

I liked Girl on the Train as well. Many ppl compared it to Gone Girl, but I liked Girl on the Train better. I should rent the movie. I just finished Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. I really liked it.

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:00 am

@vacayeveryday I am not a movie person, but I'd like to see the movie as well.

I'm currently reading Vulgar Favors: The Assassination of Gianni Versace.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
RIP Sophie Little Girl  

All Rules

GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:21 am

@GuardianAngel wrote:I recently read "Girl on the Train". I enjoyed it!
I just finished "Into the Water". It is by the same author, the next novel.  I thought it was better.
Ruth Ware writes similarly if you enjoyed this genre. She has 3 relatively new novels out there. I thought hers books were a bit easier to follow with less characters to remember.

My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
RIP my little one. I will miss you. 
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 30419

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:19 pm

@Norcalgal I loved "When breath becomes air".

My book club just read "The Lost City of Z" by David Grann and it was really interesting. It's about the British explorer, Percy Fawcett, and his quest to find the ancient lost city in the Amazon that he called Z. He, his son, and his son's friend all disappeared in their last trek. It's a bit hard to get into at first but then you want to know what happened. The author tried to retrace some of his steps. There's a movie based on the book.

I also enjoyed "A Gentleman in Moscow" by Amor Towles. It's about a Russian aristocrat who's been sentenced to house arrest in Moscow's luxurious Metropol Hotel. Some people had trouble getting into it but I didn't. It may be a tv series and I'd watch it for sure.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99

Female Posts : 12583

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm

@Kashathediva thanks for the info. I never read any of her books before. I remember hearing about this book, so when I saw it I bought it.

I also bought Michael Connelly The Wrong Side of Goodbye. But later I saw the Versace book so I started reading that one after the Train book.

RIP Sophie Little Girl  

All Rules

GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 pm

@albean99 I almost downloaded The Lost City of Z. Next time I see it on BookBub, I'll read it. Thanks for the recommendation. I mostly read nonfiction.

The latest book I read was "Little Princes" about a young man who begins his round the world trip (meant to be bragging rights for his buddies) by serving in an orphanage in Nepal. His life is changed literally and figuratively by this experience.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Princes-Promise-Bring-Children-ebook/dp/B004DI7M38/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517593246&sr=8-3&keywords=little+princess+book
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by 2boys3girls on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:23 pm

@Norcalgal wrote:I highly recommend When Breath Becomes Air. Gorgeously written autobiography with lots of lessons for all of us.

https://www.amazon.com/When-Breath-Becomes-Paul-Kalanithi-ebook/dp/B00XSSYR50/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514589092&sr=8-1&keywords=when+breath+becomes+air

You will immediately put anything petty in your life and especially on this board in perspective. And please read the final paragraph by the author outloud - the cadence in the words is magical.

I just read this for a book club. It was our January read. So many emotions reading this one. I loved the epilogue written by his wife, Lucy.
2boys3girls

Female Posts : 864

Back to top Go down

Post by 2boys3girls on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:26 pm

I'm currently reading "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" by Ed Tarkington. I thought this was going to be dreadful. A few chapters in, and I can't put it down!
2boys3girls

Female Posts : 864

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

All About Books - Discussion - *Spoilers*

:: Real Life

Permissions in this forum: