SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #2

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

aboutlastnight - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #2 - Page 79 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #2

Post by LenaActually Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

^^
It would make a really good profile pic for sure.

I was thinking about some of the reasons they haven't gone to Nashville yet. Maybe they're waiting for tourist season to die down a bit, since Shawn mentioned how nervous he was to bring her down there at the mo.
LenaActually
LenaActually

Female Posts : 477

Back to top Go down

aboutlastnight - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #2 - Page 79 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:29 pm

I really hope they get to Nashville soon. It' been so long for Shawn being away from his normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:36 pm

relaxing wrote:I really hope they get to Nashville soon.  It' been so long for Shawn being away from his normal.

Yeah me too. I was thinking though it may also be Visa related for Kait. She spent a lot of time in the states so she probably wants to use whatever days she has left for the year wisely plus they previously talked how their ideal living arrangement would be Canada in the summer and Nashville in the winter so technically it's still summer. Plus all the shoots she does for her blog are in Vancouver right now too she probably has financial reasons for staying too.

Well we know they are expected to meet up with his family in Connecticut this Saturday so I assume Nashville comes after that.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarahjoh5 Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:37 pm

I was wondering if it has anything to do with her being Canadian. Someone here had mentioned she can only stay so many days in the U.S. per year.

Sarahjoh5

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:53 pm

She has to be very careful about logging the number of days she is in the US. The laws are strict. Typically it's 182 days in a 12 month period but if she is spending that amount of time two years in a row, the third year the number of days are reduced. There is now a new electronic tracking system so you can't get away with it. There is also a special form you can apply to, to keep your 182 days without loosing your Canadian benefits and avoid paying US non residence taxes.

I'm sure she is very aware of the rules and will abide by them to avoid any problems travelling. It's easier say for her mother who might live in Arizona for 6 months straight, but when you're going back and forth it gets complicated if you're not logging the days.

CBC.ca

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:16 pm

isittrue wrote:
relaxing wrote:I really hope they get to Nashville soon.  It' been so long for Shawn being away from his normal.

Yeah me too.  I was thinking though it may also be Visa related for Kait.  She spent a lot of time in the states so she probably wants to use whatever days she has left for the year wisely plus they previously talked how their ideal living arrangement would be Canada in the summer and Nashville in the winter so technically it's still summer. Plus all the shoots she does for her blog are in Vancouver right now too she probably has financial reasons for staying too.

Well we know they are expected to meet up with his family in Connecticut this Saturday so I assume Nashville comes after that.

I forgot about this Saturday! This makes sense. Can't wait to see them get to nashville too but I do think they know what they are doing and are just following the law. They have literally spent every single day together since the finale!! #LOVE :yes:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchette Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Kaitlyn has done an amazing job "selling" Vancouver to Shawn IMO. Shoot, she has me nearly convinced to pack up and move even though I know I'd never be able to handle a Canadian winter!

The thing I'm still confused about is how they make a living by splitting up their year between the US and Canada. But the thing I'm sure about is these go-with-the-flow people have far more planned than they let people believe, so I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

crunchette

Back to top Go down

Post by hdman Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Canadian winters aren't all that bad you get use to it.

hdman

Back to top Go down

Post by algold29 Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:08 pm

I have a feeling Kaitlyn is having to watch how many days she is in the US. Although, would she have a special Visa since she did the show and is under contract with ABC?
algold29
algold29

Female Posts : 374

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:18 pm

She would have received a temporary work Visa or work permit from TPBT because they would have had to apply for her since she was going to work for them. If she wants to work in the US without an employer applying for her, she would need a green card. A green card enables you to work without restrictions in the US. You have to renew it every three years? five years? something like that. You have to apply and disclose the nature of work you want to do because they look at issues such as taking jobs away from American's who are capable of doing the same job. It's so complicated.

I'm going by memory as I've checked into this a thousand times. Smiley

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarahjoh5 Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Thank you for the info, guardian angel! I wonder if there is such thing as a fiancé visa. It seems like this visa situation may be difficult for them unless they get married!

Sarahjoh5

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Oh yeah there's a fiancé visa, laugh out loud I know all about that thanks to 90 day Fiancé. There is a category for that here. It's K something or other.

ETA: K-1 90 day Fiancé Visa.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #2

+55
Sarahjoh5
isittrue
algold29
LenaActually
Linds911