SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 69 of 78 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Seabear Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Linds, ^^^ Me too. If Azusa was a bit closer, I would drive over and check it out.  But on a maybe filming, not willing to risk it ..... more like not willing to risk the traffic. laugh out loud
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by mindless Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:14 pm

I thought this show tries to avoid the topic of religion, even if the cast is religious. That's a strange location.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:18 pm

There are probably plenty of locations within the campus that wouldn't scream "We're filming at a Christian University" so it wouldn't be necessarily religious. Although I wouldn't mind if they brought it up more, especially for a lead like Ben since it's a big part of his life.

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 69 87b72b10 arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 69 86669110 arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 69 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Asuza is east of Pasadena.  And it is where Britt went to school.  Generally, colleges campuses can't be identifiable as Christian or not by the buildings, etc. Unless it's a Catholic university, in which case there are definite visual indicators. But APU will have your basic college facilities.. Isn't the new pattern to do 2 group dates and one one on one in the first week? In that case, this would be a group date.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:29 pm

More importantly, to me, would be what they are doing at the location vs the location. 
My eldest went to a small, private Catholic college. We are not Catholic and it made 0 difference to us.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of places there that don't scream "Christian", but I don't see why they'd go there unless it had something to do with Christianity. Is it a particularly pretty campus or something?
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:42 pm

I have no idea about the church/campus and just don't want them to do what they did on K's season in the cathedrals/churches (excluding the singing).
Then again, knowing TPTB, they will probably edit this to make it scandalous.  hmmm
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:52 pm

I doubt they would be able to do the "usual" there- because I'm pretty sure APU wouldn't sanction alcohol use- not on campus. Perhaps they're using the athletic facilities or theater or something.
Pepperdine is a whole lot closer to the mansion and they could do "Christian" there if they wanted to (not to mention it has an amazingly beautiful view.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Azuza Pacific University is a private university and is absolutely allowed to display Christian affiliations and symbols.  It has an Evangelical Commitment and follows a conservative Christian doctrine.  If a date is being held there do not expect alcohol or any kind of tawdry behavior.  I would expect the date to wholesome, fun and maybe athletic.  Ben is very open that the center of his life is his Christian faith.  If that were not shown as part of Ben's journey to find wife, IMO it would not convey the core of who he is.  Obviously Ben has many facets and I'm sure we will see a variety of them on display.

There are loads of other colleges and universities between the Valley (mansion) and Azuza.  I'm sure they chose this particular location for a reason.  
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:11 pm

APU is at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains. (Inland)

jcrbil, I agree that Pepperdine has the prettier location but I am biased because I love and live by the ocean.

APU is more conservative than Pepperdine but both are private Christian schools.

Sorry for the double post.
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:19 pm

APU is so random if this is the case

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:24 pm

The Bridge to Nowhere is near there, TB has been there before -- maybe a group bungie challenge?
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 78 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+85
Aunties_Love
Bachinfo
leselihau
crazyjaney78
lovebites8727
MiaHawk
quietpal
Kels0012
luvlady345
metalgirl
luvstx