SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 8 of 78 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 43 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Buckeye_Fan Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:38 pm

I just had a thought. For anyone who watched "Ready for Love," you may remember that a former gf of one of the guys was brought on to compete with the rest of the girls. Not sure that I'd want this, but it would be pretty dramatic to get that ex-gf of Ben's to be one of his 25, or a late entry. It would sure stir up the pot. I wouldn't mind seeing him kick her to the curb - assuming he would.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 665

Back to top Go down

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by OnePromise Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:58 pm

I have noticed in the media that most articles discussing "Nick for Bachelor" have meaningful content.... Information about the type of person Nick is, what he has been doing or saying and why he would make a good lead.  Most articles that are in support of "Ben for Bachelor" have remarkably less detailed, meaningful content.  They usually say that he is adorable, he is the fan favorite and he will most likely be the next lead.  No real content or significant reasons why we should care, other than he will likely be "the one".  

Maybe this difference exists because Ben H. doesn't need explanation.  He would just be the best and pretty typical choice to lead the next season.  While on the other hand, people need a good reason to change their minds and support Nick for lead.  

However, I see that the glaring difference may also stem from the fact that so far what Ben has revealed of himself to the public is limited and boring...standard and not really in need of further dissection.  Where as Nick's journey and polarizing personality do require discussion and more content to understand where he is coming from and what "his deal is".  This is also reflected in the large number of Nick related threads/postings on this forum... He inspires discussion, dissection and deep emotions from viewers.  Thus the content of stories in the media regarding him.

This need to delve deeper into the "reasons behind" is why I love Nick and think that a season with him leading would be immeasurably more interesting than a typical, "wash, rinse, repeat" season with Ben. However, I may have to admit that the average viewer is just not that excited by depth or meaningful content. That they would so much rather watch a journey to find love, flying in helicopters over waterfalls and canned statements about amazing dates, falling in love at first sight and all the other quite unrealistic BS that the show usually tries to serve the viewers in an attempt to pass what they are selling as true love.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Buckeye_Fan wrote:I just had a thought.  For anyone who watched "Ready for Love," you may remember that a former gf of one of the guys was brought on to compete with the rest of the girls.  Not sure that I'd want this, but it would be pretty dramatic to get that ex-gf of Ben's to be one of his 25, or a late entry.  It would sure stir up the pot.  I wouldn't mind seeing him kick her to the curb - assuming he would.

I'm with you on this one. The thought did cross my mind when Ben became a contender and she went to the rags. I'm sure the producers were immediately writing their storyboard. We'll see, but if it would come true I hope Ben is strong enough mentally to send her home. I wouldn't want to see her be F1.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Great post OnePromise! This morning it just came to light that Ben will be TB, why aren't there any posts in his thread?!?!
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:15 pm

rhondam wrote:Great post OnePromise!  This morning it just came to light that Ben will be TB, why aren't there any posts in his thread?!?!

Because they are in the Nick threads as well. arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 8 3806527698
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:27 pm

rosesrREd wrote:
rhondam wrote:Great post OnePromise!  This morning it just came to light that Ben will be TB, why aren't there any posts in his thread?!?!

Because they are in the Nick threads as well. arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 8 3806527698

I do find it very amusing that today should really be Ben's Day, yet not one comment on his thread while Nick's keep getting lengthier and lengthier. He's the past already on this Bachelor franchise, Ben is the future, yet people rather talk about Nick.....ohhh, the delicious snarks if he would have been Bachelor. :stirthepot laugh out loud

Hope Ben has some good one liners saved for his season. Hugesmile
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:30 pm

There's nothing to say about Ben for me, I don't know the guy laugh out loud. Yet.

Meanwhile, Nick is still on his media tour and naturally he's being discussed more. Ben is keeping a low profile.

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 8 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:33 pm

I figured Ben's fans are posting in this thread in regards to the "announcement." This is where I came.

Nick has some very passionate fans. However, there are also a lot of people who do not like him at all. I don't wish him ill, and I took no joy out of him getting his heart broken either time, but I would not watch if he was the lead.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 665

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Till date there is no confirmation of the lead. It's still up for grabs.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:44 pm

I think it's pretty much a done deal even though ABC hasn't officially announced it. US weekly wouldn't just pull this out of thin air

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:44 pm

I came here to celebrate Ben as the Bach…..if you would like I can also post in Ben's thread. It doesn't change the fact that I am TeamBen!!
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Beagle wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:

I do find it very amusing that today should really be Ben's Day, yet not one comment on his thread while Nick's keep getting lengthier and lengthier. He's the past already on this Bachelor franchise, Ben is the future, yet people rather talk about Nick.....ohhh, the delicious snarks if he would have been Bachelor. :stirthepot laugh out loud

Hope Ben has some good one liners saved for his season. Hugesmile
It is interesting indeed. If anything, the many comments on the articles show that people find Nick interesting and Ben H boring.

That aside, what really puzzles me is the Us Weekly articles this week have been more flattering about Nick"the controversial one" than about Ben H "the favorite" considering they said Nick is genuine about love and said Ben H had put his interest with Tenley on hold.
Hardly a resounding announcement for next lead, imo, but that could just be that TPTB are already prepping themselves to do some fleissing on Ben H's image :uptonogood

Btw: anyone else find it odd that Nick has had a trainer but not Ben? scratch
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 78 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 43 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+85
Aunties_Love
Bachinfo
leselihau
crazyjaney78
lovebites8727
MiaHawk
quietpal
Kels0012
luvlady345
metalgirl
luvstx