SELECT CONTENT

Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2

Page 43 of 61 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 52 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nopressure - Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2 - Page 43 Empty Re: Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:50 am

It seems that Heather meant partner as a part of a couple in a relationship, just as she said when she met Sam?  
That being said, Heather has clarified that she was saying Sam was her partner on the show, not in real life/post-show so it is most likely that interview was a frankenbite?

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:34 am; edited 3 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

nopressure - Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2 - Page 43 Empty Re: Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 am

with all due respect allaboutlove, you are not a mod here and people are still free to share their opinion. I mentioned partner in crime in one of my previous post and i wanted to clarify.

note: obviously you modified your post AAL. thank you.

Last edited by HEA on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:21 am

I think this is all about what Heather meant and she was describing how deeply she felt about Sam by using the word partner given - if you said partner in an Australia you would most likely be in a very close, long term relationship and probably living together.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:40 am

Thank you for the insight, AEF and BmHb and H-Bomb. It seems like a lot of Aussies and even Kiwi's ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] CMIIW) use the term "partner" to mean someone they are in a longterm relationship with (and may often times live with).

It's always interesting to learn about different meanings of words in different cultures. I love that about watching the different franchises. yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:45 am

Heather is going to be on HYBPA show.
Love her post... that's the type of guy Heather deserves.
And I love her [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hashtags.
Says a lot that she was only one of F4 not stating where her clothes were from, the designer, etc, etc.

@heather_maltman September 12, 2015 9:34pm ET
Back to Melbourne for Have you been paying attention... Hopefully it doesn't go t*** up. I apologise in advance if It does. Just laugh at me if that happens. I'll understand. I will bring all the stuff and give my soul!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:21 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Thank you for the insight, AEF and BmHb and H-Bomb. It seems like a lot of Aussies and even Kiwi's ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] CMIIW) use the term "partner" to mean someone they are in a longterm relationship with (and may often times live with).

It's always interesting to learn about different meanings of words in different cultures. I love that about watching the different franchises. yes
For me too. In my country partner can mean a husband, fiance, longterm boyfriend. People usually don't get engaged, we don't have the whole big thing with a ring and meet the parents kind of engagements, because you'd usually meet parents very soon into the relationship (whether serious or not) and then people date and maybe sometime along the way if they figure out that they mean "business" and are serious they move in together, which usually leads to marriage, and there's no actual engagement period. And even if people do get "engaged" and exchange some sort of a jewellery, a woman to a man and a man to a woman, ring or whatever, it just means you are in a conscious commitment, just like being married without the papers and I think by the law if you are in a life partnership (cohabitation) longer than 3 years it can be treated as a marriage in some legal issues (children, patrimony, division of joint estate)

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:45 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Thank you for the insight, AEF and BmHb and H-Bomb. It seems like a lot of Aussies and even Kiwi's ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] CMIIW) use the term "partner" to mean someone they are in a longterm relationship with (and may often times live with).

You're not wrong AAL. Downunder you only call someone "partner" if you are in a committed relationship with them - usually living together but not married. Also you'd call someone you're in business with a "partner" - but again that is a committed relationship. 

I think that when Heather said partner she meant she felt that during the show she was committed to Sam.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:11 am

happygolucky wrote:

For me too. In my country partner can mean a husband, fiance, longterm boyfriend. People usually don't get engaged, we don't have the whole big thing with a ring and meet the parents kind of engagements, because you'd usually meet parents very soon into the relationship (whether serious or not) and then people date and maybe sometime along the way if they figure out that they mean "business" and are serious they move in together, which usually leads to marriage, and there's no actual engagement period. And even if people do get "engaged" and exchange some sort of a jewellery, a woman to a man and a man to a woman, ring or whatever, it just means you are in a conscious commitment, just like being married without the papers and I think by the law if you are in a life partnership (cohabitation) longer than 3 years it can be treated as a marriage in some legal issues (children, patrimony, division of joint estate)

here it is one year to become officially partnership (cohabitation).
but business partner is very common expression
if it is romantic, it is the gay who are using it mostly
the equivalent here is "conjoint" which means spouse even though there is no mariage involved.
All countries have their meaning and for me the typical word that I know the person is aussie is mate. And here again, it means something completely different in some countries.

ps: I understood by the way how heather said it....... mate as in friend zone right? cantstopl deadhorse (sowwwwee could not help it)

Back to top Go down

Post by umpossible Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:46 am

Katiebelle wrote:

You're not wrong AAL. Downunder you only call someone "partner" if you are in a committed relationship with them - usually living together but not married. Also you'd call someone you're in business with a "partner" - but again that is a committed relationship. 

I think that when Heather said partner she meant she felt that during the show she was committed to Sam.

hrmmm I'm in Australia and I have always referred to my husband as my partner from the start of our relationship until now...

I like using it as its ambiguous (especially when I'm with people I've only just met) and can mean whatever I want it to laugh out loud

To me it just means your significant other....maybe "exclusive" and not necessarily "longterm" :P

I agree with Katiebelle and AAL that was what Heather meant when she referred to Sam as a "partner" as well Smiley

umpossible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:49 am

are we all bored out of our mind to dissect the word partner at nauseam, aren't we? giggling (yeah yeah guilty here!)

Back to top Go down

Post by umpossible Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:14 am

HEA wrote:are we all bored out of our mind to dissect the word partner at nauseam, aren't we? giggling (yeah yeah guilty here!)

This is what happens when we have no Heather to look forward to for Wed and Thurs!!! laugh out loud

But at least she will be on Have You Been Paying Attention tomorrow night! woohooo!

Wouldn't it be awesome if they had her do the VO for the last 2 episodes hahaha would be so funny :P

umpossible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:15 pm

umpossible wrote:
HEA wrote:are we all bored out of our mind to dissect the word partner at nauseam, aren't we? giggling (yeah yeah guilty here!)

This is what happens when we have no Heather to look forward to for Wed and Thurs!!! laugh out loud

But at least she will be on Have You Been Paying Attention tomorrow night! woohooo!

Wouldn't it be awesome if they had her do the VO for the last 2 episodes hahaha would be so funny :P

I love this girl. Every single interview she makes is full of witty and funny comments.
Not many contestant I am fan with but I have no issue to tell ... I LOVE HER! there. I said it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 61 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 52 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2

+43
Speechless
BmHb
Norcalgal
mercieme
Spoil Me Again